Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Another tough day w/the coach. Won't bore you w/the details. DW gave me the go ahead on MADP if I can make the right deal. BTW, looked at all manufacturers again. Can't find a better coach on quality, content and service than Newmar.

I am spec'ing out an all electric coach pretty much fully loaded, 4523. Thought I had to have the new 4530 w/the front kitchen and external entertainment system in the slideout. That is until I saw the fridge between the table and couch. Stands out like a monolith in the middle of it all.

When reviewing the questions below, please consider that I have to do a lot of cold weather camping, I only camp 9-12 weeks a year and I have two small children.

Question: MA used to have the TV in the bedroom that would slide out from the cabinet on the right. Is that still the way it is done? Not needed but, extremely cool.

Q2: Does the residential fridge have an in door ice maker?

Q3: Says HD cabling and switching. Is this just component cables or is it HDMI? I prefer HDMI cabling.

Q4: Stool - I would like a power flushing stool w/an economy and non-economy mode. I don't have exposure to any other stools than what is in my DSDP and my old Discovery.

Q5: Why would I buy the Bose Wave Radio from Newmar at a significant markup? From what I can tell it is not wired into the coach in any way. Picture I saw of an unsold coach just had the box sitting under the TV. Can't I just get my own and save a couple hundred bucks?

Interested in offsheet option recommendations. I would like to shoot for the following:

1. Larger TV in external entertainment system or at least make it a SONY. (don't know why on my DSDP or the MADP all TVs are Sony except external. Real pain w/remotes)

2. Heated floor like in the Essex and above.

3. There is a new Cummins generator system that is integrated w/the electrical system. Do you think it is available yet?

4. Girard awnings look a bit funny on a MADP due to lack of front and rear facia. Wondering if they are worth it.

5. I love my power cord power reel. Problem is that I never know how much to let out. Saw American Coach offered a remote. Going to see if I can get this.

6. Smart tire monitoring.

7. Extra outlets.

8. KVH R6 - However, not sure how much of an advantage this is over the R5. I know GPS location and ready for new local HD channels. Other than that, not sure.

9. Water Softener

10. Surge suppressor hard wired

11. Sani-Con

12. Diamond Fusion - although there is some controversy on this, if I remember right.

13. 12.5KW Generator - not essential but, would like opionons.

14. Despite my efforts, it has become apparent that I will have to have a cat. Is a trap door advisable for a litter box. Or perhaps a trap door directly to the outside to get rid of the cat.

15. Bunks in the basement for the kids on select evenings.

Please fire away w/suggestions.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Another tough day w/the coach. Won't bore you w/the details. DW gave me the go ahead on MADP if I can make the right deal. BTW, looked at all manufacturers again. Can't find a better coach on quality, content and service than Newmar.

I am spec'ing out an all electric coach pretty much fully loaded, 4523. Thought I had to have the new 4530 w/the front kitchen and external entertainment system in the slideout. That is until I saw the fridge between the table and couch. Stands out like a monolith in the middle of it all.

When reviewing the questions below, please consider that I have to do a lot of cold weather camping, I only camp 9-12 weeks a year and I have two small children.

Question: MA used to have the TV in the bedroom that would slide out from the cabinet on the right. Is that still the way it is done? Not needed but, extremely cool.

Q2: Does the residential fridge have an in door ice maker?

Q3: Says HD cabling and switching. Is this just component cables or is it HDMI? I prefer HDMI cabling.

Q4: Stool - I would like a power flushing stool w/an economy and non-economy mode. I don't have exposure to any other stools than what is in my DSDP and my old Discovery.

Q5: Why would I buy the Bose Wave Radio from Newmar at a significant markup? From what I can tell it is not wired into the coach in any way. Picture I saw of an unsold coach just had the box sitting under the TV. Can't I just get my own and save a couple hundred bucks?

Interested in offsheet option recommendations. I would like to shoot for the following:

1. Larger TV in external entertainment system or at least make it a SONY. (don't know why on my DSDP or the MADP all TVs are Sony except external. Real pain w/remotes)

2. Heated floor like in the Essex and above.

3. There is a new Cummins generator system that is integrated w/the electrical system. Do you think it is available yet?

4. Girard awnings look a bit funny on a MADP due to lack of front and rear facia. Wondering if they are worth it.

5. I love my power cord power reel. Problem is that I never know how much to let out. Saw American Coach offered a remote. Going to see if I can get this.

6. Smart tire monitoring.

7. Extra outlets.

8. KVH R6 - However, not sure how much of an advantage this is over the R5. I know GPS location and ready for new local HD channels. Other than that, not sure.

9. Water Softener

10. Surge suppressor hard wired

11. Sani-Con

12. Diamond Fusion - although there is some controversy on this, if I remember right.

13. 12.5KW Generator - not essential but, would like opionons.

14. Despite my efforts, it has become apparent that I will have to have a cat. Is a trap door advisable for a litter box. Or perhaps a trap door directly to the outside to get rid of the cat.

15. Bunks in the basement for the kids on select evenings.

Please fire away w/suggestions.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Scott,
I hope your summer was a profitable one. I remember you wanted bunk beds in a tag axle coach. Have you given up on that? If not, look at the MADP 4529 floor plan. Put bunks where the double sink is. Change the bathroom to the same as the AllStar. That puts a wall/door on the bath side of the hallway. Add a small sink and vanity in the rear bedroom. Now you have a coach!

I was going down this road with Newmar. I called off the negotiations when two other of my requirements were refused. However, I got the impression that the bunk bed sacred cow had died.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Gave up on bunks long ago. The bunks in basement comment was meant as a joke about getting some time away from the kids.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I agree that the front kitchen "chops up" the living space too much.

I wonder what the credit would be to delete the Bose. It is the standard tabletop model.

I could not get any special that was not used on any other model, as there was no purchasing program for Newmar to purchase these specials, and they flat out denied them.

Perhaps highline is different. It never hurts to ask.

IIRC Newmar will not allow the Diamond Fusion folks on site.

Cat........no comment.

Sounds like you'll be chatting with a factory rep.

p.s. I like your style.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
If you still want the bunks, take a good look at my post and the floor plan. I'd bet you a Coca Cola they would do it.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Dirk - The Bose Radio is an $800 option on the MADP. What The???? Is the extra $300 for putting the box in the unit.

Gary - Best option for bunks I heard was to convert the rear closet and then unconvert it for resale. I happen to have an excellent carpenter on staff, so I will look into this.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
So long to those "select evenings".
Old 09-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #9

Scott, Alright!!! Going for the 45'. Wow, lots of questions. I will start with my answers, a little at a time as I think of them.

First, the MADP '07 was not available with a true residential frig., is the '08?

The all electric MADP comes only with 6 batteries (house) totalling 8 with chassis. EXDP has 8 house or 10 total. Insist on 8 house batteries, possibly AGM.

External TV did not come as Sony on MADP, insist on it.

Bose radio is also wired to rear tv into auxillery. You can add this entire unit yourself cheaper. Besides, I don't use mine but rarely anyway.

10 KW genset comes on MADP, I don't know if you could get a 12.5 kw on it or not. Insist if needed.

Smart Tire is available as a Spartan OEM option.

I believe the stool on the MADP is two speed flush as you requested, it is on EXDP and I think the MA.

I believe slide out TV in bedroom is there, it was on the '07 MADP.

Well that's all I got for now. Hopefully there will be lots of other suggestions from the others.

Peter
Old 09-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Peter,

Thanks for the help. 08 MADP has a residential fridge option and 8 batteries. Per your previous posts, I'm opting for AGMs.

Could you please expound on the Bose radio being wired into the rear TV? Not sure how to use that? Do you mean the TV audio would go through the Bose Radio? In that case, it would be like surround in the rear bedroom.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #11

JavaJelly,
1.Yes
2.Yes
3.Yes
4.Yes
5.Don't get it
TV no
Warm Floors Yes $ 9,000
Gen-Set ?
Girard Awning Yes and Power Window Awnings
I've never seen a remote on any power cord
Smart tire Yes
Extra outlets Yes
R-6 I love the low profile Trac-King
Water Softener ?
12.5 Gen-Set I don't think so.

Others to consider
Tile inlay In the corian shower
Power TV antenna
Hide air horns under hood
Delete ladder
Girard power window awnings
Essex closet doors
Essex head board
Central Vac
Storage garage like Essex 4502
They will paint special colors as long as you use 2008 graphics.
Hope this helps, Daryl

2008 MADP 4521
2006 Acura TL Toad
Old 09-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Daryl,

Great info and suggestions. Who did you buy through if I may ask?

Also, forgot to mention, factory delivery is in the mix and not up for negotiation.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JavaJelly:
Daryl,

Great info and suggestions. Who did you buy through if I may ask?

Also, forgot to mention, factory delivery is in the mix and not up for negotiation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JavaJelly,
I did not have time for factory delivery but I trust the dealer (Charlie Koogler in Raphine,VA )so much that I had him get it ready and I just stopped in to pick it up. It's my third coach through his dealership. Good honest people! He worked hard for my specials but could not get me my Pantographic Basement Doors Oh well next coach.
Thanks, Daryl

2008 MADP 4521
2006 Acura TL Toad
Old 09-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
OK, I'm sure I don't need them but, will have to have them at some point. What the heck are Pantographic Basement doors?