Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2019, 09:44 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Mountain Aire Quality

I write this thread to see just how many Newmar owners are enjoying the rewards of a finely crafted coach. My MADP is a 2002 4095. I have taken care to perform all the semi annual and annual maintenance and have had no major problems. Everything is still original (except the sound and tv) and it has been continuously lived in for 17 years.
Jtcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #2
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtcochran View Post
I write this thread to see just how many Newmar owners are enjoying the rewards of a finely crafted coach. My MADP is a 2002 4095. I have taken care to perform all the semi annual and annual maintenance and have had no major problems. Everything is still original (except the sound and tv) and it has been continuously lived in for 17 years.
Good to hear! We've had our 2018 MADP since last June and like it very much. I hope ours holds up every bit as well as yours has.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:03 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Are just celebrating our first year in our 2014 MADP. Absolutely love it. The quality is exceptional.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:02 PM   #4

We purchased our '17 MA last May and moved into it this May 1st to start full timing. We love the coach as the floorplan is great. The power seems sufficient and the ride is wonderful. I don't think you could go wrong with either a MA or a LA.
oregonhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:52 AM   #5

Any observations if the quality changes across the Newmar product line and / or model years? Really speaking of assembly quality as certainly the component / cabinetry will change from low to high end models.

I have only had one Newmar experience. The quality is certainly better than the Bounder. But the price point was too (when new).
Old 05-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #6

We have been very happy with our 2004 MADP 4016. Great build quality that has held up through the years and I really love the 4016 floorplan. I always seem to have a current project ongoing, but they are always elective upgrades. We have had no problems that required paying someone else to work on our coach. Since we full-time and I do not have a place to do the scheduled chassis fluid changes, I do pay someone to do that. We truly do feel after getting our Mountain Aire that we bought our last coach first.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:27 AM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
We purchased our new to us 2009 Essex apr. 3 years ago and have logged 20k miles since. A few little surprises but the quality of Newmar is great. We don't full time but pretty darn close. We are in the process of some remodeling, removed the small sofa, building a cabinet with TV lift and replaced the larger sofa with two recliners. Not sure it will be our last coach but for now it works great for us.
Happy Trails
Old 05-07-2019, 03:14 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Our 2000 Mountain Aire 3559 (Gas) coach has 55k miles and no issues.
It was in-laws coach and sat for about 5 years until we stared using it 7 years ago.
New TV and all else is original.
Looking to upgrade to a 4081 Dutch Star this year though.
ShelbyTom1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, quality