Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Neil if you coach was on a Workhorse chassis you could get the ECM reprogramed for more HP and Tourq and maybe get more MPG also. I asked BRAZELS if they could reprogram DP's and they have not given it a try, sorry.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Wayne,

Don't count on 2 mpg... Some see 0, some see 1, some see more. But, its called <span class="ev_code_RED">UltraPower</span> not <span class="ev_code_GREEN">UltraMPG</span> or <span class="ev_code_GREEN">UltraMileage</span>.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dale

Thanx for the info. At this point, I am looking for MPG help. Haven't needed more power yet.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:49 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wthomas1:
Dale

Thanx for the info. At this point, I am looking for MPG help. Haven't needed more power yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For what it is worth, My 2003 Scottsdale was getting 5.8-6.5 MPG at an overall average speed of 50 M/H. (Mostly flat lands in and around Illinois).

Just prior to going on the Grand Circle tour, I had the Ultrapower and CAI installed. After I got back My mileage was 7.4 - 7.8 MPG at an overall average speed of 61 M/H (I like the more realistic speed limits out west). We spent a lot of time passing trucks in the mountains on the grades (up 10 14%).

Am I happy? You bet. I really think I can keep up with the big boys. Gas mileage didn't suffer either.

The CAI allows a lot of intake noise to enter the cockpit (remember this is a front driver) but it is a small price to pay for the increase in power. It also took a few days for the transmission/engine to "learn" my driving style/wishes that also helped reduce the noise as it didn't go to revs above 4000 so often.

"Be careful out there, because no matter where you go.......... There you are" (Bucakaroo Banzai)
park_ridge_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If gas prices continue to rise, I will have to invest in the UltraPower and hope for the best.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote