Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
It was a lot of miles and wasn't expected. I didn't realize SMI was taking me so far off course. Oh well. Definitely going to shoot for 300 max/day for future trips.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I bought DEF inside the TA truck stop. Do places often have it at a pump I'm missing? Where should I expect to find it?
You can buy it at the pump in the truck fuel lanes. However, I don't normally buy it at the pump. Wal mart, and O'Reillys auto parts last places I bought it.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:04 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Someone asked about the receptacles I had added to the left of the steering column. PIC attached. One is for the TST TPMS and the other the Garmin 770. I did learn the TST TPMS runs on battery a long time so you really wouldn't need one for it as long as you charge it when not in use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outlets.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	165160  
Old 06-14-2017, 07:28 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Very interesting report!

Our CPU starts Monday and I love reading all the stories about others experiences. Your rig looks great and you survived with some great stories to tell!

Lynn
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:35 AM   #47

Quote:
Sam is with her grandparents this week but I am considering a throw rug for her to lay on but she should be fine with the floors. I am concerned with her jumping off the bed onto the porcelain tiles. I am also looking for a bench to help her jump on the bench and then the bed as it's a bit high. I have that setup at home. At 10 she is having more struggles with the in/out of car etc.

I'm also concerned how she will feel traveling with the slides in. I did get a doggy bed from Amazon hopefully she'll lay in towards the front where the room is with slides in. I don't let her up on the furniture at home but I think I may here as it will give her more comfort when traveling to be on the couches. I did order sofa covers as she sheds like crazy and also concern for her nails. I'm hoping not to be in a "keep it like new" forever OCD thing and just enjoy the coach for me and Sam (and her successors that come later).

I would like to find an ottoman type thing for my main area sofa so I can kick my feet up. The sofas on the VT don't have the foot rests that come up. If anyone has suggestions for that please let me know.
I found mine on Amazon for less than $30.00. They are well built and lightweight. Place on couch when traveling.
Johngflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #48

Quote:
II would like to find an ottoman type thing for my main area sofa so I can kick my feet up. The sofas on the VT don't have the foot rests that come up. If anyone has suggestions for that please let me know.
My wife found some collapsible ottomans at Big Lots - 3 feet long - long enough for the dog to lay on them between the helm seats while we're underway. Almost the same height as the loveseat so the dog can easily crawl over for a real nap Being collapsible, we collapse it and stick next to couch if we don't need it at the time. Have a lot of storage inside once expanded and sturdy to boot. Oh and cheap and not bad looking either.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:38 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Sam is with her grandparents this week but I am considering a throw rug for her to lay on but she should be fine with the floors. I am concerned with her jumping off the bed onto the porcelain tiles. I am also looking for a bench to help her jump on the bench and then the bed as it's a bit high. I have that setup at home. At 10 she is having more struggles with the in/out of car etc.

I'm also concerned how she will feel traveling with the slides in. I did get a doggy bed from Amazon hopefully she'll lay in towards the front where the room is with slides in. I don't let her up on the furniture at home but I think I may here as it will give her more comfort when traveling to be on the couches. I did order sofa covers as she sheds like crazy and also concern for her nails. I'm hoping not to be in a "keep it like new" forever OCD thing and just enjoy the coach for me and Sam (and her successors that come later).

I would like to find an ottoman type thing for my main area sofa so I can kick my feet up. The sofas on the VT don't have the foot rests that come up. If anyone has suggestions for that please let me know.
We ordered this ottoman from Amazon, works great and very flexible. We keep the sheets and pillows for the sofa bed inside it.

Storage Ottoman with Trays

Our boy Samson is 11.5 and definitely doesn't get around like he used to. We don't let him on the bed, so he has a very nice memory foam bed we keep in the bedroom. For traveling, we move the bed up between the seats and he's just fine there. Once we're in place, he owns the passenger seat, his place to watch the world. He also sheds like crazy so we just keep a towel on the seat for him, works fine.

Oh, the only time we ever let him on the couch with us is when a storm blows through and he's totally freaked out. Otherwise he's happy on the passenger seat, his bed in the bedroom, or at my feet under the table (my office).
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:02 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Lesson 249: When filling DEF tank tap the gauge as it may stick and not read properly while filling. :( (Yes, ignition was on)
Old 06-15-2017, 05:29 PM   #51

Quote:
Lesson 249: When filling DEF tank tap the gauge as it may stick and not read properly while filling. :( (Yes, ignition was on)
LOL, thanks for sharing! I've noticed mine does the same thing.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
LOL, thanks for sharing! I've noticed mine does the same thing.
I was told by the tech doing our PDI to not trust the gauge on the tank.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:54 AM   #53

Fine looking coach and great story about the process
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #54

Quote:
Someone asked about the receptacles I had added to the left of the steering column. PIC attached. One is for the TST TPMS and the other the Garmin 770. I did learn the TST TPMS runs on battery a long time so you really wouldn't need one for it as long as you charge it when not in use.
great pic....thanks for posting...

for my dutch star order, i added 2 more 12v outlets as well...

i was told one will be on the dash to the left of the steering column, and the other will be in the drivers side armrest / control panel area....

exact placement doesn't matter to me....as long as they are there.....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:09 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Question

Now that I have my coach who do I call or email should I have questions? For example, I found the aft seatbelt behind my jackknife sofa has a belt but no buckle. I'll call my dealer of course (who I don't care for) but want to know who to reach out to at Newmar for questions like this. Is it the email on the sticker on the drivers side window for emergency help?
Old 06-18-2017, 07:35 AM   #56

Neal, you can call that number 24/7 and they will get back to you quickly. Or on Monday, give them a call and tell them about the missing buckle. They are great to work with and the couple of times I called with questions they were very helpful. Have your coach serial number handy cause they will ask you for it.

Tags
newmar