Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #15

I Have heard that the people staying at Pelican Lake are not friendly. Have heard this from a number of people. Have been told this from rv repair people that have gone there too. Have been there myself.

We stay at Riverbend east of Fort Myers. Wonderful park.

Steve
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #16

In regards to Pelican Lake. I found it to be clicky......some of those lots for sale have sold for as much as $100k....

I likes Crystal Lake and Neapolitan Cove. The Cove has been sold. I don't know anything about the new owners etc., but Jim Stevens and his wife Pat were Great people.........

nNo mention of Silver Lake which is right next to Pelican Lake? It is also a real nice place.....

Riverbend is too far away from anything. You are 20+ miles east on rt 80 from I75.........
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #17

Hi! Whatever choice one makes, you can't beat the Naples area! As far as Pelican Lake Motor Coach Resort goes, whatever comments I make, one will think I am a homer. I am! Our resort has many Prevost's, Newell's(my great buddy has one, he just traded an Essex) we also have King Aire's , Essex, 30 some odd other Newmars, lots of Tiffins, American Coach, etc. I hope you get the picture. In the past 5 years we have lived here, we have found our resort to be extremely friendly. If you come and visit and can prove me wrong, dinner is on me! The fun part is, I have experienced spirited conservations between friends, as to who lives in the best park. River Bend, Cypress Woods, Pelican Lake? We all do. They are all great. Each one has a great points. Then of course all 3 have the same major fault: There is one of the 3 Amigo's or the Doc living in them Enjoy your winter's everyone, and if you stop at Pelican, come visit Jill & I at 4913 Coach Lane. Happy New Year Everyone, Regards, Paul
Old 12-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #18

Pelican

We have been all over the USA, and have owned 4 motor coaches, and NEVER judged anyone by the coach they drove. What difference does it make if someone owns one of the brands you have mentioned. Most people don't even notice.

We have also been in Pelican which is a nice park, but definitely no different than: Signature/Naples RV Resort, Blue Water (which we are in now),River Bend which is very nice, Crystal Lake, etc.. All politics.

By the way, as far as we know, EVERYONE puts their pants on the same way, not over their head.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!
Railroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #19

Paul,
We will stay there for the first time for the month of February. Look forward to meeting you.
Dean
Old 12-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #20

HOMER

By the way, what is a Homer?
Old 12-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #21

Signature/Naples RV Resort

While in the Naples area, visit the above named RV Resort, very nice. Try Steamers Restaurant, it's in a strip mall, but food is very good. We like Joey's Pizza on Marco Island. If you have time go up Collier Blvd., and visit Crystal Lake, great people.

Have fun.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #22

Hi, I think it is hard to go wrong with any of the RV resorts mentioned. We have been to all of them in the last several years. The wife and I still like Pelican Lake the best. Old growth landscaping and large lots and all of the people we met there were very friendly as are most of the people who RV as a lifestyle. We will be there last week in February and the first two in March (4927).
Thanks, Daryl
Old 12-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #23

With respect to being unfriendly at Pelican I have to say that we have NEVER experienced that. We are somewhat younger compared to most (40) and have two young kids. People and staff have always been pleasant and friendly. This will be our 6th year going to Pelican. We went to another Naples resort 7yrs ago which was nowhere near the class of Pelican and I have to say the experience was no where near as nice as our Pelican vacations.

Jon
jbilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
I looked into going but between the bugs and the OLD Folks driving, it's not a good place to motorcycle ride.It sounds like the place for Newlyweds and the almost deads.
Not as many bugs in Jan. or Feb in FL. then in Milwaukee in the summer.
Late April or May you may have a problem with the Love Bugs.
And it is a whole lot warmer for bike riding. No Ice chains needed.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #25

Want great grouper? Go to Pelican Bend Restaurant. It's located just before the bridge to Marco Island. Turn right to Isle of Capri & go about 2 miles. Local people, really good food!

http://pelicanbendinc.com/
Old 12-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #26

We are presently at Crystal Lakes RV, have been here a week and leave tomorrow. We are directly on the lake facing the sunset and it has been wonderful! Best RV park we have ever been at and will be coming back next year for 2 or 3 months when DW is retired.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #27

Damon Owners Club
Pelican Lake fits your description. Get a Lake Front if you can.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #28

Hi! Dean we look forward to meeting you also. Railroader, a Homer is a person who roots (spell that right?) for the Home team! Where is Steamers at? Restraunt suggestions are appreciated!! Regards, Paul

Tags
motorhome