Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #1

Need help with Jacks

I'm trying to get out in the morning and just found out I have a problem with my leveling jack. I went and filled up with fuel and came back to the storage lot and was going to level the coach and turn the refrig on overnight to cool. When I went to turn on the jack there was no power to the control panel. When I went to get fuel I made a note that the jacks were in the "travel mode". When I got parked and got ready to level the jacks I turned the ignition on and I didn't have any power to the control panel. The "travel mode" light was not even on. I looked for a fuse in the fuse panel in front of the drivers side tire but didn't see anything for the jacks, I did see a fuse for the jack alarm. Any help would be appreciated. This is a 2005 MADP 4304
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
On my 2003 DSDP 4004, there is a 40 amp fuse right at the pump (on mine, in the front compartment near generator) . It is in an in-line single fuse holder. Once, mine got so hot it melted the holder and caught on fire. The smoke up through from under the dash area caused "great excitement".
ronspread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Agree with ronspread. Check for that fuse and then re-check the fuse panel on the front of the driver side tire. I think you may have missed it. It sure sounds like there is a blown fuse somewhere.. Good luck and hope you get away on time.... Don
s.j.sharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Is it necessary for foot brake to be engaged?
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:19 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do you have your emergency brake set? I know on ours nothing will start without it being set.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #6

OP here. I went on my trip and just got back. I found the troubleshooting manual for the jacks online and my preliminary assessment is that the control board needs replacing. This was my determination based on observations of the various lights on the control board, they were all out, it lead me to a fuse, I pulled the fuse and it was blown and I replaced the fuse and it blew immediately so the manual says the board needs to be replaced. I know HWH carries the board buy I want to try to see if I can save a little money by finding one online. Does anyone know of a place to get replacement control boards. I looked on the PPL site and they don't seem to carry the board.

Thanks

Sonny
Old 05-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Can you pull control board off dash and check the wiring plus plugs behind it and see if you have x-wiring or something that could be x-ing plug pins or board pins like loose wire clipping?
Old 05-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #8

007, thanks for the reply, the control board I need is for a 625 series HWH leveler, it's the control board in front of the motorhome with the plexi-glass cover. Looks like the part is in the $700 range, (I could be wrong on that, at least I hope I am). I'll try to give HWH a call later in the week to verify this with them.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #9

OP here with an UPDATE, problem fixed. I found the trouble shooting guide for the HWH jacks and after doing the troubleshooting the guide said to replace the board. I searched the forum for tips on replacing the board and came across an old post by Siggyd, he had the same condition I did, he put his board on the bench and found a bad diode. I contacted Siggyd and he gave me the info on the diode and a source for the diode. I purchased the diode and since my soldering skills are pretty sloppy I took the board and diode to a tv repair shop, they replaced the diode for $40.00. Special thanks to Siggyd, instead of a new control board all I have in this repair is a $0.50 diode, $6.50 shipping and $40.00 to a tv repair shop
Old 05-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Outstanding and congratulations
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is the post by Siggyd for future reference.
Thanks again for follow up.

Tags
jacks