RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #1

Need Owner Manual - Trekmate Security System

I have a 1996 London Aire 40' diesel pusher with a Trekmate Motorhome Security System (Model 737 PG). While at a dealer's consignment lot, someone stole my owner manual. The security system buzzer now comes on every 72 hours and keeps depleting the house batteries. Putting the battery system in "Store" doesn't help - the security system still works. If I'm able to go to the storage yard and if I can get in, I can reset it every third day. I remember that somewhere in the manual was instruction for turning the system off. But I got's no manual.

We are the rig's third owner and #2 didn't know the system's code. I recently found that there is, on the system controller, a paper sticker which has a series code and a system code. Is one of them the "secret word" to get the system completely turned off?

If you have an owners manual for this system, I'll reimburse you for the cost of copying it and mailing it to me. If you know where I can find the manual on line, please send me the web address. I live in Central Florida and can drive up to 200 miles to you if you prefer.

If no one has a manual, do you know what are the steps for turning the system to "OFF"?

Someone suggested just unpluging the controller. Do you know if that works? Several years ago, I accidentally unplugged one of the wires and the starter wouldn't. After two days of diagnosis, we finally found the problem was in the security system, not in the engine.

Thanks to all for your consideration. Don Parker
clarendonpb@msn.com
(727) 247-9876

Don Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the Newmar forum & irv2 Don Parker.
Do not know if this will be of much help see nothing about programing maybe a contact.
You may have this also.
Plenty on how to install but nothing on programing.
Most of the highline motor coach's have this system may find help there also.
Maxwell is a FMCA member MAYBE CAN HELP.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #3

www.rvtechstop.com/articles/trekmate.pdf or call Trekmate at 609 941-3444.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #4

Trekmate - Shut Up The Buzzer

I got hold of a Trekmate manual from a guy who got a photocopy from Monaco. The models it covers include what's in my Newmar. It does model 717 which has hard-wired sensors; model 737 which has wireless sensors; and model 737PG which has wireless sensors plus a pager.

The needed instruction is under the category of "Valet."
First one locates the "mode" switch probably in an inconspicous location within reach of the driving position. Mine is on the underside of the dash. The switch has 3 positions: the center one is normally closed position in which everything works; one of the others is a fixed poisition meaning when you flip the lever that way it stays - this turns off other functions; and the third position is "momentary" meaning that when you release it, it returns to the center position. The momentary position is used to enable the valet setting.

To activate OR deactivate the buzzser, turn the ignition key to the "run" position NOT START. Move the switch lever to the momentary position and WHILE HOLDING it, turn off the ignition then let go of the switch which will enable "valet"as soon as it springs back to the center position.

When you want to disable the valet system (return the 72-hour buzzer feature), do exactly the same procedure. It's like "click once for on, click once for off".
Don Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the information Don.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote