Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #1

Never considered Ventana...until now.

Hello. I want a Dutch Star. I want one badly, BUT I can't find a model arranged the way I want it. However, there is a 2016 Ventana at a dealership that I actually can make work. If I change out the dinette to one that will make into a bed, it works for the number of beds I need. My question to you all is do you like your Ventanas, or do you wish you had bought the Dutch Star? They seem very similar. And I know anything made by Newmar is not going to be too shabby! Thanks for your advice.
calasiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2016, 04:31 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
We love, love, love our 2015 Ventana Model 4037. We upgraded from a Canyon Star and the difference is night and day. Ours is the all electric model and the only complaint we have is the two burner induction cooktop both burners cannot be operated on high. We have had the coach for just about a year and we have about 22k miles on it. We have had the normal new coach issues but all of them have been resolved. I have met and talked to numerous Ventana owners and they all say the same thing, they love their coaches. We have been from the East coast to the West coast and all the way up to the UP of Michigan pulling our 2015 Ford Explorer and have never experienced any pulling issues like we had with the Canyon Star. Most of the times I don't even know the toad is back there. Good luck with your decision - you will not go wrong with either choice.
dld3217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #3

Custom Order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calasiter View Post
Hello. I want a Dutch Star. I want one badly, BUT I can't find a model arranged the way I want it. However, there is a 2016 Ventana at a dealership that I actually can make work. If I change out the dinette to one that will make into a bed, it works for the number of beds I need. My question to you all is do you like your Ventanas, or do you wish you had bought the Dutch Star? They seem very similar. And I know anything made by Newmar is not going to be too shabby! Thanks for your advice.
This doesn't sound like a difficult change. Why can't you custom order the dinette configuration you need on the Dutch Star you want? Have you asked a dealer to custom order/talk to Newmar in re: the dinette? There are posts here that talk about customizing factory orders and replacing/fabricating custom furniture, desks, bars, etc.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #4

Really like our 2014 Ventana. Would have loved to upgrade to a DS but couldn't justify the extra 50k for our needs.
Newmar will customize floor plans if you wish to stay with DS line.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #5

The Dutch Stars seem to have had a lot of problems recently which did not occur with the Ventana. The DS does have a lot of features as standard but I can't say I have missed any of them.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:48 PM   #6

We're on our shakedown trip in our new 2017 Ventanna LE. Picked it up at Midway on August 17th. We're in RockSprings WY on the way to the region five pre rally then on to international in Pueblo. Eventually we'll get home.
Everything is absolutely working perfectly. We drove 193 miles today in 35 MPH crosswinds and the Comfort Drive is unbelievable!
Would not trade it for anything!!
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:14 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
We love our 2014 (4037) and we have the dinette layout. Not long ago I asked the DW if we should consider upgrading. Her response was "What else are you looking for in a coach?" I didn't have a good answer. To my mind the Ventana is the best buy out there. It has enough bells and whistles to make you feel as if you have gotten a plus product, but it's not loaded with features (and costs) that really aren't all that necessary. It is not as plush as the upper end units, but I still get a lot of looks and compliments when I pull her into a park.
MD-Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:23 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
We traded our 2013 canyon star for a new 2014 Ventana 4369 and love it! I can't imagine needing anything else for any amount of money.
katiejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #9

If I'm not mistaken, the floor plans on both Ventana and DS are identical. That said, I am leaning towards the DS for a couple reasons; IFS, Oasis heat is standard, power mcd shades, extra 50hp, side radiator, outside freezer etc. I'm not sure if the ventana comes with a fiberglass roof or not. I am going to hershey to have a closer look next week.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the floor plans on both Ventana and DS are identical. That said, I am leaning towards the DS for a couple reasons; IFS, Oasis heat is standard, power mcd shades, extra 50hp, side radiator, outside freezer etc. I'm not sure if the ventana comes with a fiberglass roof or not. I am going to hershey to have a closer look next week.
On 2013's, the fiberglass roof was an extra-cost option on the VTDP (which my coach's original owner selected, thankfully). I believe that remains the case for later years also.
PantherJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:57 PM   #11

Le vs Ventan

Could someone tell me the difference in the regular Ventana and the Le model?
Gail Danis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:29 PM   #12

One difference is the HP and TQ ratings of the motor. The LE has 360hp. The ventana 400.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:21 PM   #13
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Some differences on 2016 models:

40' and up Ventana have tag axle, LE does not
Awnings on Ventana have shrouds, LE no.
Load capacity for all similar length Ventana higher than LE
Higher horse power on Ventana and 40' and up go to ISB motors
Oasis and all electric options on Ventanas
Tile floor on Ventana versus vinyl on LE.

There are other differences, but you can get the books and check them out. The differences only make one more desirable than the other based on what you want/need.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:44 AM   #14

For some additional encouragement, we bought a used 2013 Ventana 4018 last year. Have put about 12,000 miles on it in 5 months of use (and 7 months of storage) and NOTHING has gone wrong with it. As others have pointed out the DS is a little "glitzier" and has a few more options as standard. But I did not see any reason to spend the extra money. You will be happy either way, it is probably more a matter of personal taste. If money is no object, then this a moot discussion.

We actually liked the Ventana interior better, not as flashy, but that's just our taste. Your choice can be different AND right for you.
X-OEM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, ventana