Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
New Air Key Fob Fix

Attached is a copy of the Service Solution Freightliner came up with to fix the key Fob issue on the New Aire, it does require a special connector. It did not fix mine until the antenna was change works well now. Hopes this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0171.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	210412   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0172.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	210413  

Name:	IMG_0174.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	210414   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0175.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	210415  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
One more pic

One more picture for the fix
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0176.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	210419  
Old 07-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #3

Thanks for posting this.

So if I am reading the instructions they simple ground pin 5 of the FOB 6 pin connector to stop the PTS button from pinging the FOB.

The outcome is that the "Engine Start/Stop" on the PTS does not light and the FOB red light does not blink. I get that.

What I don't under stand is the sentence "It should now only come on when a button on the FOB is pressed". What button? The only buttons on my FOB are to lock doors.

What happens when you try to hit the PTS button for ACC or Start? Does it work as before?

I have never had a problem with the FOB battery depleting, my problem is repeat "Check FOB" messages under 15 mph. Does the fix do anything for this problem?
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:25 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Thanks for posting this.

So if I am reading the instructions they simple ground pin 5 of the FOB 6 pin connector to stop the PTS button from pinging the FOB.

The outcome is that the "Engine Start/Stop" on the PTS does not light and the FOB red light does not blink. I get that.

What I don't under stand is the sentence "It should now only come on when a button on the FOB is pressed". What button? The only buttons on my FOB are to lock doors.

What happens when you try to hit the PTS button for ACC or Start? Does it work as before?

I have never had a problem with the FOB battery depleting, my problem is repeat "Check FOB" messages under 15 mph. Does the fix do anything for this problem?
I thought I got back with you but, I will try again. When I lay my fob on the dinette and I push the PTS button nothing happens, no lights on PTS when I move it to the dash and hit the button the PTS lights up. My problem was exactly what you said. Freightliner was convinced that the problem would be fixed by the mod, but it was not. I returned the next day and brought my second fob out and it had the same issue so the tech was not convinced it was battery issue and it was obvious that the fix did not work. He did some checking to be sure the fix was done correctly which it was so he then ordered an antenna which fixed the issue. It is located under the bonnet next to the ignition tapped to the dash. It is about 10 inches long and a bit larger than a pencil.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:41 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Jim-

Which Freightliner service center did you visit? I have an appointment in Gaffney next month, so I’ll take a printed copy of the Service Solution. When I made the appointment Pat was not familiar with the problem or the solution.
WardSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
I thought I got back with you but, I will try again. When I lay my fob on the dinette and I push the PTS button nothing happens, no lights on PTS when I move it to the dash and hit the button the PTS lights up. My problem was exactly what you said. Freightliner was convinced that the problem would be fixed by the mod, but it was not. I returned the next day and brought my second fob out and it had the same issue so the tech was not convinced it was battery issue and it was obvious that the fix did not work. He did some checking to be sure the fix was done correctly which it was so he then ordered an antenna which fixed the issue. It is located under the bonnet next to the ignition tapped to the dash. It is about 10 inches long and a bit larger than a pencil.
Thanks I remember about the antenna. Still can't find mine. Looked all around under the dash near the PTS button.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:37 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WardSimmons View Post
Thanks Jim-

Which Freightliner service center did you visit? I have an appointment in Gaffney next month, so I’ll take a printed copy of the Service Solution. When I made the appointment Pat was not familiar with the problem or the solution.
Newmar is the one who got Freightliner involved and the work was done at Premier Freightliner of Tulsa. Just take the Solution # with you.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks I remember about the antenna. Still can't find mine. Looked all around under the dash near the PTS button.
Looking under the panel on top of the Rand McNally box it was glued with double sided tape on the inside of the dash. It was close to the ignition but was somewhat below. I am going back to Freightliner tomorrow and will try to locate it while waiting to get my glass dash fixed. While on my trip it begun fluctuating between the speed I was driving and 158 MPH every second.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Looking under the panel on top of the Rand McNally box it was glued with double sided tape on the inside of the dash. It was close to the ignition but was somewhat below. I am going back to Freightliner tomorrow and will try to locate it while waiting to get my glass dash fixed. While on my trip it begun fluctuating between the speed I was driving and 158 MPH every second.
I did see some double sided tape stuck inside the dash with nothing on it, so maybe mine fell off. Will look in the wiring. See if you can snap a picture of it tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I did see some double sided tape stuck inside the dash with nothing on it, so maybe mine fell off. Will look in the wiring. See if you can snap a picture of it tomorrow.
This is smaller than I remember but it does look like it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0184.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	210556  
Old 07-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #11

Quote:
This is smaller than I remember but it does look like it.
I have looked everywhere and can't fine mine. But I have double sided tape in the same location. May have to pull all the wire bundles apart to find it.

Tags
air