Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2017, 05:45 PM   #71

that Ugly New Aire Logo on the front would have to go, or no buy. Reminds me of when Fleetwood put 12 inch Expedition on that particular model.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2017, 06:33 AM   #72

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknpeg View Post
... I cannot fathom introducing a highly-touted new product and NOT coordinating the release with a big website splash. They should have had the update on the site as they rolled out the New Aire at the dealer show - coordinated release. It's marketing 101. Seems like a big ball got dropped.
not true, my man, you are a developer, but NOT a marketer!

you should know by now that things that go 'viral' get the most attention, not just a website update.

Newmar, whether intentional or not, 'leaked' out some of this information only in dribs and drabs and didn't want to preempt the wash of 'hey, did you hear...!' from the Newmar community first.

just take a look at these forums - they are chocked with Newmar owner's excitement and chatter about the new Model! This might have been quelled had the 'traditional' route been taken. When you reach this type of excitement within your own extremely loyal existing customer base, you can bet it will reverberate within the RV community as a whole.

That(!)...is marketing.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:44 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemcdou View Post
Ah, this is revealing. Yes, these are less than those on the the same-length Ventana and Ventana LE models. Those specs are as follows:

Fresh 105 gal
Grey 65 gal
Black 45 gal
Fuel 100 gal
(can't find the DEF capacity on Newmar website)

Agree that reducing the size of the various holding and fuel tanks on the New Aire allow them more flexibility to create larger basement storage areas. Since many want a shorter length for dry-camping purposes not sure it was smart for Newmar to reduce capacity.
Well, I suppose it depends on use-scenarios and so the "more storage - lower tank capacity" decision will work for some and not others.

I was originally disappointed with the smaller tanks, but really only the fresh water being 30 gallons less. The grey and black are only 5 less each, so no big deal. The more I thought about how "we" use a coach I came to the conclusion that more storage was preferred over less storage and bigger tanks. We occasionally boondock, but are far more often with hook-ups. So the amount of times I will appreciate the extra storage outweighs the amount of times I'll miss the extra tank capacity. Obviously for folks who boondock a lot it will be the opposite.

My dealer rep was at the show where the New Aire was introduced. He said he was shocked by the amount of basement storage on the New Aire; given it is under 34 ft. He looked at the Ventana 3412 at the same show and said "by eye" it looked like there was around 50% more storage space in the New Aire.
Gonna_Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #74

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post
My dealer rep was at the show where the New Aire was introduced. He said he was shocked by the amount of basement storage on the New Aire; given it is under 34 ft. He looked at the Ventana 3412 at the same show and said "by eye" it looked like there was around 50% more storage space in the New Aire.
I certainly agree with your thoughts, Kwilkins; each of us have different cost/benefit calculations and many prefer more storage so you're probably right that Newmar made the right decision.

From the pictures I've seen of the basement storage spaces on the New Aire, it almost appears that they've been trolling these posts! They seem to have picked up some of the aftermarket improvements that some have installed on their Ventanas to compensate for the poor storage layout. For example, the New Aire has a decent storage spot in the same compartment as the DEF tank, whereas in the Ventana that's wasted space that several here have posted pictures of their aftermarket shelves and clips to utilize it.

I do think they listen to customers and perhaps even read these pages and try to respond/take advantage to the extent they can.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:26 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemcdou View Post
I certainly agree with your thoughts, Kwilkins; each of us have different cost/benefit calculations and many prefer more storage so you're probably right that Newmar made the right decision.

From the pictures I've seen of the basement storage spaces on the New Aire, it almost appears that they've been trolling these posts! They seem to have picked up some of the aftermarket improvements that some have installed on their Ventanas to compensate for the poor storage layout. For example, the New Aire has a decent storage spot in the same compartment as the DEF tank, whereas in the Ventana that's wasted space that several here have posted pictures of their aftermarket shelves and clips to utilize it.
I haven't seen a photo of the DEF tank area, can you post a link to it please?
Gonna_Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #76

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
not true, my man, you are a developer, but NOT a marketer!

you should know by now that things that go 'viral' get the most attention, not just a website update.

Newmar, whether intentional or not, 'leaked' out some of this information only in dribs and drabs and didn't want to preempt the wash of 'hey, did you hear...!' from the Newmar community first.

just take a look at these forums - they are chocked with Newmar owner's excitement and chatter about the new Model! This might have been quelled had the 'traditional' route been taken. When you reach this type of excitement within your own extremely loyal existing customer base, you can bet it will reverberate within the RV community as a whole.

That(!)...is marketing.
Actually I am a marketer, and viral is one of the hardest things to do intentionally...because by definition you have no control. Viral marketing usually involves word of mouth, shadowy almost-releases, etc. Car companies are becoming masters of the medium. But once you actually release it in every detail, for all the world to see, you have left viral and are into splash territory. And coordinating that kind of release to all media at the same time is marketing basics. They missed it.

And I also want more details, so they need to update the site because I said so!
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #77

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post
I haven't seen a photo of the DEF tank area, can you post a link to it please?
This is one of those "Darn it, I know I saw it somewhere, now where can that have been!" things. I'll take a look tonight but sure I've seen either a photo or a youtube video of the New Aire showing this because I remember thinking that they'd copied an owner's previous mod.

Please hold!
Old 06-15-2017, 06:19 PM   #78

I can't wait to see one of these coaches in person at the Hershey RV show. Any guesses on their mpg?
HappyCamper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:49 PM   #79

Sure looks like a winner to me. Not much competition in that niche. Not diggin' the ISB though.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:22 PM   #80

Newmar Owners Club
And it's STILL not on the website. Blows my mind.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:15 AM   #81

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Sure looks like a winner to me. Not much competition in that niche. Not diggin' the ISB though.
What don't you like about the ISB?
Just asking because I don't know the differences between the Cummins motors.
Is the ISB side radiator and the ISL rear?
Yianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:37 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yianni View Post
What don't you like about the ISB?
Just asking because I don't know the differences between the Cummins motors.
Is the ISB side radiator and the ISL rear?
The radiator location is not a function of the engine. Rather, it is a function of how the manufacturer orders its chassis configurations. Forty feet or longer Ventanas have 400 ISL's and rear radiators. But Dutch Star 450 ISL's are side radiators. The New Aire is a side radiator ISB. Newmar uses ISB's in smaller Ventanas with rear radiators.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:35 PM   #83

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzee2020 View Post
The radiator location is not a function of the engine. Rather, it is a function of how the manufacturer orders its chassis configurations. Forty feet or longer Ventanas have 400 ISL's and rear radiators. But Dutch Star 450 ISL's are side radiators. The New Aire is a side radiator ISB. Newmar uses ISB's in smaller Ventanas with rear radiators.
Thanks for the clarification.
So, what would someone not like about the ISB?
Yianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:39 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yianni View Post
Thanks for the clarification.
So, what would someone not like about the ISB?
Torque and HP.

I always felt like I was flogging the ISB in my Ventana.
It would downshift at the slightest suggestion of a hill.
Everybody's different.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote