Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2017, 12:24 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
The reason I am curious is that all the hardware is there for a first class video based coach security system. Just need local archiving of images and motion detection. MyRosie all ready has the capability to upload low res images. No reason all of this could not be done in the Windows based Xite head unit which has WiFi built in. All they need is a separate security system app to be loaded in the head unit.
I saw a demo of the Road-IQ system at the last Tampa Supershow that did basically that, not sure if any coaches come with it yet, also had LTE modem and acted as hotspot:

Road-iQ - home
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2017, 06:17 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentob View Post
Looking forward to seeing your solar roof layout!
Panels arrived safely on UPS. Getting ready to mount the panels and satellite. Panels first then we will fit the satellite wherever there is space on the roof away from major structures.

turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #129

Did you select the in-motion satellite because it had a smaller footprint or do you prefer the in-motion over the automatic multi-satellite stationary model?
valentob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:06 PM   #130

Quote:
Did you select the in-motion satellite because it had a smaller footprint or do you prefer the in-motion over the automatic multi-satellite stationary model?
This was a tough call. I went with RT2000T RoadTrip T4 in-Motion for several reasons. The SK-SWM3 Directv Traveler is big and noisy. I know I will forget to retract it some day. It does have the advantage of HD TV for Directv on two tv's on different satellites.On the other hand it is Directv only.

The RoadTrip will serve two TV's but only if you are on the same satellite. It will do HD on Dish. We just don't watch enough TV to worry about watching different satellites at the same time.

Then there is the in motion capability. We have used this in other RV's for long trips. It is nice. One side benefit is that you can leave on as you maneuver into a parking place and know immediately if a tree is blocking the view before you shut down.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:36 PM   #131

Quote:
This was a tough call. I went with RT2000T RoadTrip T4 in-Motion for several reasons. The SK-SWM3 Directv Traveler is big and noisy. I know I will forget to retract it some day. It does have the advantage of HD TV for Directv on two tv's on different satellites.On the other hand it is Directv only.

The RoadTrip will serve two TV's but only if you are on the same satellite. It will do HD on Dish. We just don't watch enough TV to worry about watching different satellites at the same time.

Then there is the in motion capability. We have used this in other RV's for long trips. It is nice. One side benefit is that you can leave on as you maneuver into a parking place and know immediately if a tree is blocking the view before you shut down.
When I took delivery of our New Aire the dealer said it was fine to have the dinette TV up and use it while traveling. The user guide says to never have the TV up while traveling.

Thoughts? Experience?
Gonna_Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna_Wander View Post
When I took delivery of our New Aire the dealer said it was fine to have the dinette TV up and use it while traveling. The user guide says to never have the TV up while traveling.

Thoughts? Experience?
No experience yet. No reason it can't be up as far as I can see.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:16 AM   #133

Quote:
Panels arrived safely on UPS. Getting ready to mount the panels and satellite. Panels first then we will fit the satellite wherever there is space on the roof away from major structures.

Turbo, I noticed the ladder. I ordered both of my last coaches without a ladder since it really hurts the appearance of one of the prettiest areas of the coach and of course on my New Aire I don't want a ladder. In almost 15 years of RVing I have never needed a ladder while on the road. Can you get on top safely with that ladder? Have you actually camped in your new rig yet?
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341, due mid January
2017 Leisure Travel Unity MB
Past - several Class A's
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:09 AM   #134

Those are great ladders, compact and somewhat lightweight. I use a similar one that extends to 15', for my coach height is 13' 4", and it is very easy to use and safely get on and off from the top of your coach.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:11 AM   #135

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Those are great ladders, compact and somewhat lightweight. I use a similar one that extends to 15', for my coach height is 13' 4", and it is very easy to use and safely get on and off from the top of your coach.

I have been looking at them, the specs say 18 foot reach, actual length 14.5. So is yours an 18 footer
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:20 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvan View Post
Turbo, I noticed the ladder. I ordered both of my last coaches without a ladder since it really hurts the appearance of one of the prettiest areas of the coach and of course on my New Aire I don't want a ladder. In almost 15 years of RVing I have never needed a ladder while on the road. Can you get on top safely with that ladder?
I bought the same ladder since my RV didn't have one built in. They work great, I like it better than a permanent one mainly because you can move it around to different spots on the coach.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:31 AM   #137

The actual extended length of mine is only 15.5'. It is a Type 1 - 250# weight limit.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:32 AM   #138

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
What brand is it?
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:34 AM   #139

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna_Wander View Post

Thoughts? Experience?
I have 27,000 miles on my Dutch Star, almost every one of those miles is with the televator in the up position. My wife never sits up front, she is always on the sofa watching movies. We've had no problems with the televator to date.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:27 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
What brand is it?
xtendandclimb.com model 785P

Tags
camping, air