Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2017, 09:03 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher1 View Post
Sounds like the warnings and car distance information are always shown which is nice.
Clearly the case on my drive home from the dealer in 3 hours of bumper to bumper traffic, it showed time and distance to closing traffic. Cruise control was never on but I was getting alerts if I closed too fast on traffic ahead.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2017, 09:10 PM   #30

Concerning your problem with the dash AC, this may be a freightliner problem. The dash air didn't work on our new 2015 DS either the first summer we started to use it. Last summer FL worked on it and said it must have left the factory short of freon cause they found no issue with a leak. I always assumed they meant when the FL factory installed their part of the dash air.
This summer the dash didn't work again. Haven't been able to get back to FL yet this year. Last year I was covered by either FL or Newmar on this problem and so no cost to me. This year I'm still under FL three year warranty but no Newmar coverage, and I understand part of the dash air is covered by Fl and the rest of it by Newmar. So it will depend on where the problem might be how much it will cost me this time.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:22 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Clearly the case on my drive home from the dealer in 3 hours of bumper to bumper traffic, it showed time and distance to closing traffic. Cruise control was never on but I was getting alerts if I closed too fast on traffic ahead.

3 hours to get from the dealer to your home! I didn’t realize you only lived 10 miles away from your dealer! #LATRAFFICSUCKS
Avspaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
and I understand part of the dash air is covered by Fl and the rest of it by Newmar. So it will depend on where the problem might be how much it will cost me this time.
Been trying to find the answer to that question. The Evans unit is listed on my model/serial number sheet as a Newmar supplied component. So it appears the compressor and freon lines are Freightliner while the Evans unit is a Newmar part.

My problem was the compressor clutch would not engage. 12 volts to the clutch passes through a thermostat, relay, freon pressure valve to the clutch. So it was just a matter of following the voltage to the clutch.

I found out the thermostat was not passing 12 volts. It is located on the Evans unit up front with two spade plugs. I simply put a jumper on the connections and the clutch engaged pushing cold air into the coach.

Here is the thermostat. Can't miss it when you open the front hood.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #33

Key Fob -- Apparently the New Aire is the first Newmar coach to use a Key Fob instead of a standard ignition key. Nice idea since the Fob has buttons to unlock and lock both the main door and the cargo doors.

So the key Fob works just like a typical automotive Fob with a minor issue. So long as you are within the ignition active radius of around 4 to 5 feet apparently the ignition circuit stays alive draining the chassis battery and possibly the Fob battery (need to confirm the latter). In the New Aire you can tell if you are in "ignition active range" as a blue ring lights around the ignition button. Same problem holds true if you leave the Fob in the coach in the same range.

This is not an issue in the New Aire if you are on short power, running the generator. Apparently it is a problem if you leave the coach without external power (or auto generator start) as a near by Fob will drain the chassis battery.

This information comes from documentation and warnings from Newmar about leaving the coach unpowered with the Fob with 5 feet of the ignition button. So far I have not had any problems since I take the Fob out of the coach and it is stored with shore power.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #34

Great explanation of the FOB issue...remember "5' rule" or keep powered on shore or generator.

Anxious for your thoughts on how your coach does loaded up and towing your vehicle!

Keep up the great info you are passing along to the rest of us potential New Aire owners!
valentob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:41 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
So the key Fob works just like a typical automotive Fob with a minor issue. So long as you are within the ignition active radius of around 4 to 5 feet apparently the ignition circuit stays alive draining the chassis battery and possibly the Fob battery (need to confirm the latter). In the New Aire you can tell if you are in "ignition active range" as a blue ring lights around the ignition button. Same problem holds true if you leave the Fob in the coach in the same range.
I "think" I can confirm this issue does drain the key Fob. One of my Fob's is triggering a low battery alert on the dash. The docs say the Fob battery should last for a few years.
Gonna_Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:11 AM   #36

TurboPilot, Gonna_Wander, or Cinergi,

What appliances and plugs are wired to your inverter? At the Hershey RV show the dealer said all the appliances were wired to the inverter. It is only one 3000w inverter so thought I would ask you all what the real story is.

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentob View Post
What appliances and plugs are wired to your inverter? At the Hershey RV show the dealer said all the appliances were wired to the inverter. It is only one 3000w inverter so thought I would ask you all what the real story is.
Good question. Without a schematic it is just trial and error to figure it out. I found one sub panel in the closet that I am guessing is for inverted 120 V since the refrigerator in on the panel. I pulled the 50 map plug, SilverLead said inverter went on line and the refrigerator was still working. So it looks like microwave, refrigerator and plugs in right full wall slide and left passenger side forward slide are inverted.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #38

TurboPilot - Thank you! I seem to remember you said you did not have the washer/dryer and dishwasher options. Almost forgot - does the induction cooktop work on the inverter?

Now for those do that have the 110v washer/dryer and 110v dishwasher are they too on the inverter circuit?

Thanks again TurboPilot!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentob View Post
TurboPilot - Thank you! I seem to remember you said you did not have the washer/dryer and dishwasher options.

Now for those do that have the 110v washer/dryer and 110v dishwasher are they too on the inverter circuit?

Thanks again TurboPilot!
I do have the washer/dryer. Have not seen the breaker but there is a another 110 breaker box in closet I have not looked at yet. Dryer might be asking too much of the inverter.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
He may not have a washer dryer but coach maybe prepped for it. Never had one in mine but it was prepped and the RN that bought it that was the first thing she put in, travel all over the west.
Checked your OWNERS GUIDE and all your electrical page 54 and beyond has pictures and directions, that we never had years ago , Newmar has come up in the world, pretty good I'd say, back in my day they didn't know what a stereo was, they never had one.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:13 PM   #41

Solar - New Aire has solar prewire as standard equipment. Getting ready to order the components from AMSolar. Found the solar prewire cap on the roof. Also identified the other end of the two #6 wires coiled up above the Oasis unit in the basement on the driver's side.

The problem: there is no prewire from that compartment to the battery compartment two bays forward. Solar #6 wires need to terminate on the batteries after passing through the controller. Have no idea why they terminated the solar prewire to the Oasis compartment. It is all ready pretty busy in that bay. Not sure where to put the controller. The bays forward are not as tall with the living room slide mechanism above. So I have to figure out how to get those wires to the batteries.

Anyone had this issue in other models?
Old 10-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #42

Xite XSG3NA-S9 Infotainment Center - The Xite XSG3NA-S9 Infotainment Center is a new product. It is so new, once again there is no documentation on line for the product. The unit is comprised of two 9" capacitive touch screens and a processor unit located behind the dash. The two 9" screens are hooked to the processor unit via HDMI cables. The processor unit is a Windows Embedded based computer.

The Xite XSG3NA-S9 Infotainment Center is a very capable unit with AM/FM radio, SiriusXM radio, full Bluetooth functionality with excellent hands free calling and support for the options 360 degree camera system.

The Xite XSG3NA-S9 Infotainment Center supports WiFi connectivity (though mine was delivered with WiFi dongle missing). The unit collects weather and traffic information via WiFi to support the Rand McNally WiFi Edition. Basically the Rand McNally maps is a Windows application running on the Xite

Still learning about the Xite XSG3NA-S9 Infotainment Center but so far it is very impressive. May one of the best automative "Infotainment" systems I have seen.

Tags
camping, air