Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2017, 08:05 PM   #43

washer/dryer, dishwasher, induction cooktop, and a/c units will most certainly be not connected to the inverter....

naturally, the fridge is, as is the microwave....

let us know if you find different......
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2017, 06:49 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
washer/dryer, dishwasher, induction cooktop, and a/c units.
You are correct. I went to see a 3341 yesterday and checked out the AC breaker box and it is as you say.

TurboPilot's pic of the inverter breaker box was the same on the 3341.
valentob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:52 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Xite XSG3NA-S9 Infotainment Center - The Xite XSG3NA-S9 Infotainment Center supports WiFi connectivity (though mine was delivered with WiFi dongle missing).
Is the WiFi dongle supposed to be included as part of the package?
Old 10-21-2017, 07:52 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentob View Post
Is the WiFi dongle supposed to be included as part of the package?
Yes, Xite is sending me one. Apparently it only supports on version. I tried another dongle and it won't connect.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:18 AM   #47

Quote:
Solar - New Aire has solar prewire as standard equipment. Getting ready to order the components from AMSolar. Found the solar prewire cap on the roof. Also identified the other end of the two #6 wires coiled up above the Oasis unit in the basement on the driver's side.
TurboPilot - What did you end up ordering from AMSolar for your solar setup?
Old 10-21-2017, 10:36 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentob View Post
TurboPilot - What did you end up ordering from AMSolar for your solar setup?
Still deciding. The install is very easy using their kits. Two man job. #6 prewire is a limiting issue. Looks like I would be pushing it with 5, 180 watt panels running 12' + length of #6. Been exchanging emails with Newmar. Apparently the #6 prewire is looped forward to the forward electrical panel then back to the Oasis bay. The the actual length is greater than 12'. They should prewire DP's with #4 wire.

Considering making my first "test drive" up to Oregon and letting AMSolar do the job now that the fires have stopped.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:33 PM   #49

Better make sure they have a time slot for you! They are usually booked quite far out. They are one of the best installers out there...not cheap, but professionally done with great results.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:14 PM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Still deciding. The install is very easy using their kits. Two man job. #6 prewire is a limiting issue. Looks like I would be pushing it with 5, 180 watt panels running 12' + length of #6. Been exchanging emails with Newmar. Apparently the #6 prewire is looped forward to the forward electrical panel then back to the Oasis bay. The the actual length is greater than 12'. They should prewire DP's with #4 wire.

Considering making my first "test drive" up to Oregon and letting AMSolar do the job now that the fires have stopped.

If you want a shorter trip than Oregon, Avalon RV in Benicia, Ca (Northern Ca) did the solar on my Phaeton. They do excellent work and are one of the few AM Solar authorized installers. They use components from AM Solar.
I was very happy with their work. It was all done neatly and very professionally.

I also had the solar prewire done from Tiffin when I ordered. They opted to not use the prewire and ran new heavier gauge wires.

Avalon RV Solar Services
Yianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yianni View Post
If you want a shorter trip than Oregon, Avalon RV in Benicia, Ca (Northern Ca) did the solar on my Phaeton. They do excellent work and are one of the few AM Solar authorized installers. They use components from AM Solar.
I was very happy with their work. It was all done neatly and very professionally.

I also had the solar prewire done from Tiffin when I ordered. They opted to not use the prewire and ran new heavier gauge wires.

Avalon RV Solar Services
Thanks for the tip. Did the Tiffin have a conduit for the prewire. Have take the cap off the roof so I can't tell if the prewire in run through a conduit.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:15 PM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't know if there was a conduit, I never looked. They were under a cap on the roof.
I have to assume they used the factory wires as a fish, so they were of some use.
They ran to the charge controller next to the battery compartment and then installed the monitor in the cabinet above the drivers seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0286.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	180566   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0287.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	180567  

Yianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:12 PM   #53

Diesel Fuel Capacity - The New Aire comes with a 75 gallon diesel tank. This is not enough fuel for a DP getting 7 to 8 mpg. So I am looking at options to increase the amount of diesel on board.

While I have not weighed each wheel in the New Aire yet, with 8 AGM batteries just behind the front driver's side tire I am guessing the right front wheel could take some more weight.

Fortunately, there is plenty of room for additional fuel very close to the main tank and associated fill tubes in the passenger side forward bay where the inverter is located. The remaining space (outside of the inverter) measures 28" deep, 20" wide and 26" high. That computes to 14,560 cu inches. One gallon occupies 231 cu inches, so in theory there is room for another 60 gallons in that space. With plumbing and fill neck I think an auxiliary tank of around 30 gallons in that space makes sense. The New Aire gets between 7 and 8 mpg depending on speed/load. So would yield around 220 additional range.

In the EarthRoamer we had a Transfer Flow automatic auxiliary tank system. The Transfer Flow electronics would read the fuel level in the main tank and repeatedly fill the main tank from 1/2 full to 3/4 full until the aux tank was empty.

I talked to the folks at Transfer Flow. They will not do a custom auxiliary tank without a minimum order of 10 tanks. So I may just have to go with another custom tank with a manual transfer pump to move fuel from the aux tank to the main tank. The issue may be how to feed the main tank. Don't know how the plumbing works from the main tank to the engine, Oasis and generator. One idea might be to feed Oasis and maybe the generator from the aux tank and use one of the ports on the main tank to cross feed from the aux tank when more range is required.

Thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #54

have you weighed the coach yet ? full of fuel, full of water, and ready to camp ?
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:47 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
have you weighed the coach yet ? full of fuel, full of water, and ready to camp ?
Nope. Still provisioning.

The coach has a UVW of 32,975 and a CCC of 5,625. So another 210 pounds of diesel should be well tolerated.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:01 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'd be a little concerned about mounting a fuel tank next to the 3kw inverter.
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, air