Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2018, 07:25 AM   #771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Was it a matter of taking the bracket off and redrilling new holes?
Slots in mount would not allow placing the TV in the same vertical location relative to shelf the TV lifts through. So I had to fabricate extensions from the existing slots in the mount to capture lower attachment screws on the TV.

Not a big deal. Just turned a simple job into a few hours of head scratching. Also TV is thicker at top which required a modification of the cap on top of the TV.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2018, 11:46 AM   #772

Fabrication sounds like metal work?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:06 PM   #773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Fabrication sounds like metal work?
Just a couple of aluminum straps to bridge the slots in mount. Can't take picture since TV covers it mounted. It all works.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:41 PM   #774

Earlier I posted about improving over the air television by moving all OTA channels to the coach internet system. Once on the network all OTA channels are available to an network device: lap top, smartphone, tablet or television. That system is documented here.

The NA is the only Newmar DP that does not offer a TV in the front overhead cabinet as an option. So for casual television viewing in the NA you have to activate the big 49" TV which covers the window.

With the HDHomeRun Quatro you can easily place small television devices anywhere in the coach where power is available.

I decided to repurpose a 12.9 iPad Pro to the roll of overhead TV. The iPad Pro with the Channels app fits perfectly over the cabinet door covering the control panel up front. I drive audio output from the iPad via BlueTooth to the Bose speaker system. With the iPad Pro touch screen you can easily change channels. When you arrive at a new location you can scan for new channels in about 30 seconds using the HDHomeRun Quatro.

The same iPad can also be used as a moving map when moving down the road. With the 12.9 inch screen the iPad can be seen easily from both front seats.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:09 PM   #775

Turbo

I like it! I like it!

Finally a purpose for the door, I assure you that Ipad GPS is a heck of a lot better than the Xite.

Hey are you having any problem shutting your Xite down, about every other day the "House Mode" for shutting it down becomes non-active and I have to power down the whole coach to shut the monitors down.

Mike
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post

Hey are you having any problem shutting your Xite down, about every other day the "House Mode" for shutting it down becomes non-active and I have to power down the whole coach to shut the monitors down.
No, have not had that problem. Have you tried a reset?
Old 03-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #777

Yes I reset it 4 times still not working. I tried re-seting it with both a double push on the volume knob and also on page 2 of the setting menu, is there another option.

I thought someone had new operating firmware is that you. Mine is now the current version.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #778

Quote:
Yes I reset it 4 times still not working. I tried re-seting it with both a double push on the volume knob and also on page 2 of the setting menu, is there another option.

I thought someone had new operating firmware is that you. Mine is now the current version.

Thanks
I have had recurrent problems with WiFi traffic and weather in the Nav app. The only thing that will fix the problem is a reset with the SD card out. That works until the next power cycle. The Xite box is not ready for prime time. A triumph of South Korean electronics.

Xite said they would send new SD. It never showed up.

The box is made by Glosys. Here is the FCC paperwork.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:55 PM   #779

LOL oh well - I'll try it!!
Old 03-05-2018, 07:00 AM   #780

Quote:
Turbo

I like it! I like it!

Finally a purpose for the door, I assure you that Ipad GPS is a heck of a lot better than the Xite.

Mike
Mike, remember me talking about not being able to shut down the Xite screen? I have been in my coach for 5 days now with a couple of those days at a Newmar dealer. Several techs fought with the Xite for hours and finally gave up, but got it to where only the left screen - Menu, Nav, Dim, and Fav stayed lit. The Xite would go off but they stay lit. Still not right. My thought is that it appears to function ok other than not being able to turn it off (the back up camera stays lit). I have to pull the lid off the top to unplug the hot wire plug to shut it down. That's not right so I may use the blank toggle switch to the far right of the switch row to run the hot wire through and then just simply turn it on and off that way. Newmar is telling my dealer that the screen staying on is a safety issue. Huh !!!! Anyway, no one seems to have an answer but the known fact it that the Xite is a hunk of junk !

Now for the good side of the story. We been camped for five days. Our second outing in the coach. This is an amazing coach. The livability is
outstanding and it drives fantastic. Comfort Steer or Comfort Drive (whatever it is called) is for real. Having had four other Class A's Pushers, this is by far the best driving. Newmar did their homework on building this great little luxury coach. They did, however, strike out on the Xite.,
R. D. Vanderslice
New Aire 3341
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:41 AM   #781

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvan View Post
Huh !!!! Anyway, no one seems to have an answer but the known fact it that the Xite is a hunk of junk !
The entire instrument panel is built around those big HD panels, what a shame. So I don't think there is anything available that could replace the Xite. The HD 360 camera system is so tightly integrated with the Xite head unit that it would be a problem to replace the head unit.

This is a big issue for Newmar since all their premium coaches use Xite.

Is the screen staying on while the head unit shuts down?
Old 03-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #782

As part of the installation of the 12.9" iPad Pro on the center cabinet door I also took the opportunity to backlight the control panel with blue LED's to match the blue LED's in the cockpit area. I also installed USB power ports on the panel that is used to power the iPad on the cabinet door.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:16 AM   #783

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvan View Post
Mike, remember me talking about not being able to shut down the Xite screen? I have been in my coach for 5 days now with a couple of those days at a Newmar dealer. Several techs fought with the Xite for hours and finally gave up, but got it to where only the left screen - Menu, Nav, Dim, and Fav stayed lit. The Xite would go off but they stay lit. Still not right. My thought is that it appears to function ok other than not being able to turn it off (the back up camera stays lit). I have to pull the lid off the top to unplug the hot wire plug to shut it down. That's not right so I may use the blank toggle switch to the far right of the switch row to run the hot wire through and then just simply turn it on and off that way. Newmar is telling my dealer that the screen staying on is a safety issue. Huh !!!! Anyway, no one seems to have an answer but the known fact it that the Xite is a hunk of junk !

Now for the good side of the story. We been camped for five days. Our second outing in the coach. This is an amazing coach. The livability is
outstanding and it drives fantastic. Comfort Steer or Comfort Drive (whatever it is called) is for real. Having had four other Class A's Pushers, this is by far the best driving. Newmar did their homework on building this great little luxury coach. They did, however, strike out on the Xite.,
R. D. Vanderslice
New Aire 3341

LOL Hey I tried to warn you guys about those Newmar Tech's.

Look at it this way, when you're at the facility, there's only objective and goal - and that is to get you the hell out of there.

Now for the Xite - its almost funny that anyone would need a backup or 360 camera when you're parked in storage or sleeping, so I'm not buying the goofy "Safety" answer.

On my Xite when it's occasionally working, I simply hit the menu, then hit house mode and "Both" monitors go completely off. This is the way it has to be because if those monitors sit on something bright for days or weeks, its going to degrade the display.

I'm glad you finally got your coach and enjoying it. Regardless of the stuff you hear and read about from us New Aire owners, for the most part the New Aire is one sweet ride!

Enjoy that thing - Mike

Old 03-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
As part of the installation of the 12.9" iPad Pro on the center cabinet door I also took the opportunity to backlight the control panel with blue LED's to match the blue LED's in the cockpit area. I also installed USB power ports on the panel that is used to power the iPad on the cabinet door.

Sexy Blue, wow that's pretty!

I first installed some beautiful "Amber" colored LED's behind mine, but it just ended up a bit dim for me. I like your USB power adapter!!

I did notice two major problems though, one remote is upside down and the other is 90 degrees out of phase! You're driving a luxury coach now, so this can't be tolerated! LOL

Nice Job

Tags
camping, air