Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2017, 01:36 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Maybe the NewAire is not for you.
Actually the New Aire has exceeded my expectations. 75 gallon fuel capacity is really the only major concern I have with the basic design of the coach. My use is primarily in the Western US ranging up through West Canada to Alaska. There are some big distances between quality fuel out here. If I primarily used the coach in the Eastern US, 75 gallons would be fine.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I know Alaska station there in the 50's, long distances, in this case I see your point.
The new tank may cause you to lose storage unless you can get tank above chassis rails and a switch for pump in new tank, still would call Newmar maybe they would have special using your coach as a prototype.
Explain your travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:37 AM   #73

Didn't want to start a new thread since this one is apply named, but have I missed something? Anyone been anywhere in their New Aire yet? Looking for any reports or news on the New Aires.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341 on order (Now end of January target date delivery)
2017 Leisure Travel Unity MB
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvan View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread since this one is apply named, but have I missed something? Anyone been anywhere in their New Aire yet? Looking for any reports or news on the New Aires.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341 on order (Now end of January target date delivery)
2017 Leisure Travel Unity MB
You have not missed anything yet. Gonna_Wander is in the Northeast and I think does not have a tow car set up yet. TurboPilot just got his coach and he is in California working on provisioning out his rig.

I too am anxiously awaiting reports too. TurboPilot so far seems like he may be the first to have a report on a New Aire loaded up for travel towing a car. The New Aire is a beautiful coach in a size between an LTV and luxury 45er.
valentob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentob View Post
TurboPilot so far seems like he may be the first to have a report on a New Aire loaded up for travel towing a car.
I am taking my time going through all the systems. While the build quality is generally excellent. Not too impressed with 12 volt wiring. Pretty messy. Some tight wire bundles that will be trouble with motion and time. So I am cleaning that up.

Biggest job this week is finalizing details on the solar panel system install that is scheduled in 2 weeks. Looks like we will be putting 1,000 watts on the roof. Working with SilverLeaf Electronics to provision necessary module to monitor solar output via SilverLeaf. Short bus New Aire is proving to be a little challenging to get 1,000 watts in the roof space available.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:29 PM   #76

TurboPilot - Where will you be taking your coach to have the solar installed? 1000w - wow that is impressive for such a small roof footprint. Would be grateful is after you have it all completed you would share your design.

Where should we be looking for the potential 12v wiring issues? If your coach has these issues others will probably also and best to fix now before it does become a chafing problem.

I really do appreciate, as I am sure other readers do, your thoroughness and willingness to let us all know your lessons learned!
valentob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:37 PM   #77

Quote:
TurboPilot - Where will you be taking your coach to have the solar installed? 1000w - wow that is impressive for such a small roof footprint. Would be grateful is after you have it all completed you would share your design.

Where should we be looking for the potential 12v wiring issues? If your coach has these issues others will probably also and best to fix now before it does become a chafing problem.
I am working with an AMSolar affiliate installer who will be doing the installation at the hangar where the New Aire is stored. As we finalize the design and equipment I will post the information.

As to 12 volt wiring, the worst mess I have found is behind the two panels for the Xite Infotainment Center. It is a rats nest of wires. I found the Xite head unit (that is the box in the lower part of the image below) sitting unsecured on top of the wire bundles. It was just sitting there bouncing on the wires below. I have no idea how I am going to secure the unit given all the wires in that area. While the general fit and finish of the New Aire is exceptional (including 120 volt wiring) the 12 volt wiring in the coach sucks. The amazing thing is it all works --- right now.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #78

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I really do appreciate, as I am sure other readers do, your thoroughness and willingness to let us all know your lessons learned!
Yes, very much appreciated. Hopefully, we'll be able to return the favor in the future.

The Xite head unit mounting is a big deal--great find. That's going on my list for FPU issues. Thanks!
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:19 PM   #79

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
I am working with an AMSolar affiliate installer who will be doing the installation at the hangar where the New Aire is stored. As we finalize the design and equipment I will post the information.

As to 12 volt wiring, the worst mess I have found is behind the two panels for the Xite Infotainment Center. It is a rats nest of wires. I found the Xite head unit (that is the box in the lower part of the image below) sitting unsecured on top of the wire bundles. It was just sitting there bouncing on the wires below. I have no idea how I am going to secure the unit given all the wires in that area. While the general fit and finish of the New Aire is exceptional (including 120 volt wiring) the 12 volt wiring in the coach sucks. The amazing thing is it all works --- right now.

I have used these before in a similar situation , you can adhere them to the unit then zip tie it around the wires or a bracket[ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2642.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	681.3 KB
ID:	180875  
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #80

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Wiring, especially 12V wiring, is an area Newmar can definitely improve on. Newmar does not use a lot of wiring harnesses, if they did they would clean up places like the infotainment area a lot. BTW, that area looks just like behind the dash of my 2008 Canyon Star, a mess of wires with things sitting on them...
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:09 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
Wiring, especially 12V wiring, is an area Newmar can definitely improve on. Newmar does not use a lot of wiring harnesses, if they did they would clean up places like the infotainment area a lot. BTW, that area looks just like behind the dash of my 2008 Canyon Star, a mess of wires with things sitting on them...
I recently tried to find the SiriusXM receiver in our Dutchstar, as I was experiencing an antenna malfunction. I found the same mess in our dash, and never did find the receiver. They should be ashamed.
marky mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:16 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky mark View Post
I recently tried to find the SiriusXM receiver in our Dutchstar, as I was experiencing an antenna malfunction. I found the same mess in our dash, and never did find the receiver. They should be ashamed.
Not just Newmar. I've been into the dash wiring for our cameras and Xite and Siruis issues at various times in our 2011 Itasca Ellipse (aka Winnie Tour) and and calling it a "rats nest" is being charitable. 12V wiring appears to be a weak point for multiple RV manufacturers especially in the dash area.
toddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:57 PM   #83

Newmar Owners Club
On your New Aire (beautiful coach) you have a 3000 W inverter with surge protection. Is this adequate or will you add an additional Progressive surge protector. Also does the 3343 come with the china bowl or macerater, the brochures say it depends on which model you buy. Realizing you have just received the coach what you change form your order. I am close to buying a 3343 and I am just curious.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2017, 10:29 PM   #84

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post

you have a first year coach....i marvel that newmar engineering blew it that bad with the 2016's.....and it's not just newmar......tiffin did it in 2015 with the single rear axle phaetons....they had to increase from a 21k to 24k rear axle...so their engineers blew it as well.....

YMMV, and JMHO...
You must be new to Newmar. Back in 1998 they replaced front tires, with bigger ones on some DSDP's. On our '02 DSDP 4090 they replaced the 12,000# front axle with a 14,600# unit. Later I upgraded the front tires to 305/70's.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, air