Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #925

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna_Wander View Post
I posted this question on another thread but thought I would try here as the issue may be related to the New Aire.

Has anyone found a way to have the music on the dash radio play thru the Bose Sound Bar atop the TV? There are speakers in the dash area and speakers in the bedroom but no speakers in the living room other than the Sound Bar and I haven't been able to find a way to have the dash radio play thru that.

I stream my iTunes from my phone to the Bose, sounds great, I do it on the outside one also. The radio dose not have a Bluetooth out so it would require a hard wired bluetooth transmitter at the radio to send the signal to the sound bar. You should try from your phone, simple,free and sounds great
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #926

Quote:
I posted this question on another thread but thought I would try here as the issue may be related to the New Aire.

Has anyone found a way to have the music on the dash radio play thru the Bose Sound Bar atop the TV? There are speakers in the dash area and speakers in the bedroom but no speakers in the living room other than the Sound Bar and I haven't been able to find a way to have the dash radio play thru that.
Hey Wander,

My Bose bar works fine, the only problem is at times the Bose does not kick on with the remote if you're sitting on the couch as the top of the cabinet blocks the IR.

Mike

Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #927

Delivery today of my New Aire 3341. Feel like drinking from fire hose. I am really impressed with National Indoor RV Center. They have been great and very responsive and knowledgeable. It does look like Newmar has bee reading this forum. The 12 v wiring looks better, the washer dryer connections are more accessible, and the dash module has spacers to help with veneration. ( as a few examples). Thanks to all who have highlighted issues and to Newmar for listening. More tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1AB82807-3D92-44E4-8607-980664955660.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	201506   Click image for larger version

Name:	F454FC51-31E4-4051-8B4D-B4E7EDDAC957.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	201507  

Rdhplano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:04 AM   #928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdhplano View Post
Delivery today of my New Aire 3341. Feel like drinking from fire hose. I am really impressed with National Indoor RV Center. They have been great and very responsive and knowledgeable. It does look like Newmar has bee reading this forum. The 12 v wiring looks better, the washer dryer connections are more accessible, and the dash module has spacers to help with veneration. ( as a few examples). Thanks to all who have highlighted issues and to Newmar for listening. More tomorrow.
Congratulations, you're going to love the coach. If I remember from a previous post, ours may be brothers. I have a silver/black 3341. Just a little info on delivery, and I realize this may be a little late because you may be sitting at the gate of NIRVC right now. Get anything and everything that needs to be done completed while you are there and still on their lot. There will be tech guys all over the coach taking care of you like you had just spent a whole lot of money. I have known the NIRVC people ever since the Buddy Gregg days where most of them came from and they try to do a good job. But, while you are there you will be treated like royalty. After you leave on the first shake down cruise and come back it gets complicated. So, and I realize it's none of my business, but if I had it to do over again, I would not leave until I thought EVERYTHING was done. Your team leader/service writer is very very important so I hope you get a good one. This is EXTREMELY important. Also, if you like, you can send me a private email (rdvan@sbcglobal.net) if I can help you in any way and also I can be more candid since it would not be on a public forum. Congratulations again. I think you are going to find that these little coaches are very special.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341
Rockwall, Texas
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:03 AM   #929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdhplano View Post
Enjoy your new ride - the folks at National seem to be very nice and knowledgeable. Wee're up in North Georgia ourselves.

Regards - Mike
Old 05-04-2018, 07:05 AM   #930

Questions on New Aire

I have two questions on the New Aire that perhaps someone who owns one could help answer.

#1) Is the drawer on top of the optional dishwasher of useable size? How deep is it?

#2) I don't see any mention of basement heat. Is there anything in a New Aire to prevent tanks from freezing in cold weather? I have relatives in the Chicago area so we expect to travel up north some winters - even if for relatively brief stays. I don't want to have to winterize, so the whole coach has to remain unfrozen during really cold weather. Is that possible?
SteveUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #931

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUpp View Post
I have two questions on the New Aire that perhaps someone who owns one could help answer.

#1) Is the drawer on top of the optional dishwasher of useable size? How deep is it?

#2) I don't see any mention of basement heat. Is there anything in a New Aire to prevent tanks from freezing in cold weather? I have relatives in the Chicago area so we expect to travel up north some winters - even if for relatively brief stays. I don't want to have to winterize, so the whole coach has to remain unfrozen during really cold weather. Is that possible?
The drawer in the 3341 is about half the thickness of what it looks like from the pictures. Thick enough for silverware tray.

According to my PDI here in Texas, he says no problem as there is heat the will come on below 42 in the basement. This forum, people have indicated using bilge heater for backup. I will let someone from a really cold zone provide their expertise!
Rdhplano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:04 PM   #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUpp View Post

There is a Oasis radiator behind the water panel, but there is no heat for the water tanks or for the majority of plumbing that runs in the voids of the storage areas, or in the wall where some lines like the washer line(s) are un-protected in the back wall.

If you have floor heat, this is your best bet as it can double to heat the basement and plumbing. For the most part if you're living in the coach and keeping it heated you'll be OK. If you're going to store the coach in harsh weather, you'll have to winterize it because it would be too costly to run the furnace in frigid weather.

Here's an article I have on winterizing, take a look at the boat safe heater I use which will protect the storage area.

http://www.rotory.com/coach/winter/

Mike

Old 05-05-2018, 06:26 AM   #933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post

Hey Wander,

My Bose bar works fine, the only problem is at times the Bose does not kick on with the remote if you're sitting on the couch as the top of the cabinet blocks the IR.

Mike

My Bose bar works fine as well but I have a use scenario it is not equipped for. When driving my wife is usually at the dinette or on the sofa. We would like to be able to both listen to the dash radio at the same time. Because there are no dash radio speakers in the living area this is not possible. I have just ordered an inexpensive bluetooth transmitter and I'll see if this solves the problems.

I have also streamed from an iPhone to the Bose Bar and it works well. I have found a music solution I'm much happier with though. I purchased two Sonos 1 speakers with Alexa capability. They fit perfectly to the left and the right of the TV, no matter if it is up or down. There are outlets on both sides to plug the speakers into. Once the Sonos speakers are linked to the WiFi Ranger you can stream most music services that you have. The audio quality is levels above what the Sound Bar produces and the speakers can be moved throughout the coach, or you could get more speakers. It is also very nice to be able to select music and control the volume via voice commands with Alexa. I'm very happy with this setup and recommend it for anyone looking to improve the music listening experience in the New Aire.
Gonna_Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:54 AM   #934

Do both Sonos speakers have to be Alexa capable or just 1?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:28 AM   #935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Do both Sonos speakers have to be Alexa capable or just 1?
This thread says just one.

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazo...-alexa-6795814
Old 05-06-2018, 09:30 AM   #936

Our House Mode on the Xite has stopped working. It worked fine up until yesterday but now it is grayed out and selecting it does nothing. Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix?
Old 05-06-2018, 11:17 AM   #937

Quote:
Our House Mode on the Xite has stopped working. It worked fine up until yesterday but now it is grayed out and selecting it does nothing. Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix?

Hey Wander that is totally normal, mine does it all the time and no matter what you do i.e.: reset on knob - reset in menu - shut off power - it will not come back on until it does it by itself. It must hold some programming in EPROM since it holds the error after a hard reset. It seems mine comes on quicker by shutting the power off by the door.

While the radio has some wonderful features, the processor is loaded down beyond its capability and therefore slow as a slug, crashes all the time, and does goofy stuff like forgetting the house mode.

Enjoy - Mike
Old 05-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #938

Quote:
Thanks great link.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, air