Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2017, 09:26 AM   #1

Post New Aire Observations

Finally took delivery of my New Aire. I thought I would start a thread where I document my thoughts and observations about this new model since there appears to be some significant interest in this coach. This is the first New Aire to be delivered in California. And based on other threads and posts it appears to be only the second New Aire represented by other forum posters.

By background I am an experienced RV owner but this is my first Class A. I really value smaller, nimble RV's but almost all of them in the 30' foot range come with average equipment and trim. The New Aire is different.

I picked up my New Aire from Holland RV in San Marcos yesterday. I had read all the documentation ahead of time so the walk around was not a time consuming event. I was fortunate that the technician doing the walk around was the expert on site for the SilverLeaf system.

The only downer during the walk around was that the chassis AC did not work. Clutch does not engage and it blows hot air. Driver said it worked on the delivery trip from Indiana, so it is a new failure.

I drove the coach back to Thermal, CA via I15, I215, CA60 to I10 into the Palm Springs area. This route involved elevation changes up to 3,000 feet. My coach has a UVW of 32,975 lbs. This is a very porky weight for a 33' foot RV. With that on the grades I experienced (all probably less than 5% max) the New Aire was able to maintain at least 55 mph up the grades. Accelerating on the grades was a waiting game. Braking was super. Almost car like. Ride was very stable. Very happy with the handling.

Without dash air conditioning I had to run the generator and coach AC on the trip home through 100F temperatures. That worked fine.

Last night I passed a major milestone fitting the New Aire into my hangar with the airplane. All the measurements I took before delivery were correct including the 12'3" height so I was able to snuggly fit the New Aire into the hangar and still allow the airplane to get in and out. I had 50 amp service installed in the hangar so the New Aire is fully powered and charging in its new home.

Today I dive into the on board documentation and setup SilverLeaf and MyRozie. Going to try to troubleshoot the dash AC problems as well. Thoughts would be appreciated. Will keep the thread alive with new observations.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #2

Congratulations! So nice to keep them inside. Look at A/C lines for signs of oil dampness. Most likely a loose wire. Look forward to updates

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:57 AM   #3

turbopilot: We enjoyed the information you supplied throughout the purchasing process of your New Aire. We, most likely, will order ours after the first of the year, and hopefully most of the issues being mentioned in the various threads will be resolved, including your AC issue. What we would like to read (hear) are things that buyers have #1 added but wish that they didn't; and #2 options or things that they wish they had order but didn't. If you can list your likes and dislikes, or wish you had or had nots would surely appreciated it. Happy travels to you and yours and we pray you'r safe from the fires.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:11 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looking great! Hangar looks spotless, bet that New Aire is happy there :-)

Good luck with your AC...
Old 10-14-2017, 12:22 PM   #5

Slowly awakening the automated systems on the New Aire. Took about 30 minutes to setup WiFi Ranger Pro and hook it to the internet. Then activated MyRozie Telematics on SilverLeaf. Now the New Aire is talking to the SilverLeaf website. Here is a screen shot showing my coach data as displayed on the SilverLeaf MyRozie web site. Next to the tablet setup. So now I can monitor coach status anywhere I have a internet connection.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations, sure wish I could MH again might have been my first DP.
Here is info on your EVAN's UNIT. #1 --- # 2 ---- # 3 -- and possibly if to much warm air coming out when its working.

ENJOY and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #7

If they had a bunk floorplan like my 31be or the Thor Palazzo 33.3 I would be really interested since I have two little ones.

I also like the lower 30's size, good compromise for space and still being able to get interesting places and too am disappointed the manufacturers equate length to trim level, the New Aire is refreshing.

Since you had an Earthroamer you have probably paid attention to ground clearance, how is it? Does have any facility for raising the air suspension temporarily for clearance? Have noticed on the shorter diesel chassis they are really minimizing ground clearance which is great for the highway but I have taken my 32' gasser in some pretty interesting places that benefited from its clearance.

MyRozie looks very interesting, been waiting to see app control start coming out in coaches, seem obvious, being cloud based though I guess it will not work without internet access. Would be nice if the apps would direct connect over wifi without the need to go out to the internet and back if off grid.

Looks like a great coach will be following how it performs for you. Would be interested to hear about your Earthroamers sometime too, was tempted to buy a used custom bunk model at one time.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";3850523]Congratulations, sure wish I could MH again might have been my first DP.
Here is info on your EVAN's UNIT. [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/evans-tempcon-water-valve-change-3442.html#post17315
#1[/URL][/B] --- # 2 ---- # 3 -- and possibly if to much warm air coming out when its working.

ENJOY and safe travels.
Thank you for that information on the Evan's Unit. Big help to start troubleshooting.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:57 PM   #9
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Beautiful coach. That Silverleaf/My Rozie is really something.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think as you NEWAIRE owners come on board and you have information as your posting or I post, I will compile all the tech posts as I did for the ESSEX owners found in QT's # 3. --- ESSEX OWNERS

If you owners do some MOD's put in one thread and that will be added.

For bunk beds in this coach you need Newmar to get this coach off the ground and see what the future brings.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:38 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sofa-conversion-bunk beds available in certain models:
https://www.facebook.com/MtComfortRV...5445560867105/
Old 10-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well there you go, thanks Paul, another Newmar innovation you ask they will supply, is it on the option list yet.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:15 PM   #13

Worked with the Xite 360 Camera System which is an option on the New Aire. Outstanding system. HD cameras really make a big difference. Side cameras capture the lanes next to the coach much better than the rear view mirrors.

System has 6 cameras: front, back and two each on left and right side.

Here is a screen shot of the right side outboard camera taken in my hangar. Note basement doors open below:

MyRozie uploads views from three cameras, however to preserve bandwidth the uploads are small, cropped, black and white versions of the original. Uploads via MyRozie are kept sequentially to you can look at images on the MyRozie website over a period of time.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:50 PM   #14
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
That-is-cool!

Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air