Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2019, 04:24 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
New Aire - Slide Trays

Wonder if fellow NA owners are willing to share their experience with/without the storage bay trays. Any regrets or words of caution?

I didn't opt for them when I ordered the coach. Now that I see The Cavern, I am feeling more inclined to get them. 1 short and 1 long pass thru for those longer items (skis, bicycle mechanic stand) for a total cost of $1200. The fancy hinge on the driver side bay door might limit all the benefit since every item on the tray will hit the hinge, so has to be removed if I want something in the middle. But still feels better than the volume of stuff and crawling into the belly to get something in the middle.

I believe I can be ok with the lost of space the tray themselves will take.

Thank you
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2019, 05:07 PM   #2

I like them a lot. Power slides on the passenger side.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We got the manual trays on the passenger side only. I’m very happy with them.
We didn’t get the pass thru tray because of the beam that runs down the center of the basement ceiling. Tall objects would be a nuissance as the tray is operated from side to side. This configuration also gives us a compartment on the drivers side without a tray for times when that is desireable.
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #4

We have manual trays on passenger side only. Can’t imagine not having them.
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:12 PM   #5

We have two power trays and a shorter manual tray on the drivers side and love them. The hinge does not hinder tray operation at all and I keep them loaded. MUCH easier than stoogbver and digging to the middle to get something.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:22 AM   #6

I have both trays on the passenger side & the one tray on the drivers side, all manual...it’s a no brainer
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhound View Post
Wonder if fellow NA owners are willing to share their experience with/without the storage bay trays. Any regrets or words of caution?

I didn't opt for them when I ordered the coach. Now that I see The Cavern, I am feeling more inclined to get them. 1 short and 1 long pass thru for those longer items (skis, bicycle mechanic stand) for a total cost of $1200. The fancy hinge on the driver side bay door might limit all the benefit since every item on the tray will hit the hinge, so has to be removed if I want something in the middle. But still feels better than the volume of stuff and crawling into the belly to get something in the middle.

I believe I can be ok with the lost of space the tray themselves will take.

Thank you
I optied for them, but without the power, and would do it again. The powered ones were just too slow and were just another thing to possibly go wrong. I had them before in a couple of other coaches in the past. They do rob you of a lttle space though, but I have a lot more storage space than I need anyway.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341l
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:31 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I thank you all for sharing your personal experience.

It turns out the 'hook' bolted to the floor on the passenger side for the suicide doors is off center and then there is the hinge on the driver side. Together they squeeze a full pass-thru tray to under 29". Guess this is why Newmar offered 2 separate trays only. The loss of real estate for the full length pass thru is great.

I got the smaller tray for the short passenger side space. I'll see how life goes with the other side for a few months.

Although it just occurs to me I should ask what is the longest possible side I could use to from the passenger side. Perhaps I could get a 3/4 length tray. that might be long enough for those long items (skis and mechanic stand).
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, slide