RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #1

New Aire Xcite 360 flickering

Tried the obvious fixes...restart restart but hasnít helped. The camera display flickers continuously. Nothing unusual happened to cause the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	884A9ED8-B9D1-4528-B919-49C66AE2BCD0.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	250064  

Charlievette is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2019, 10:06 AM   #2

Had this happening along with it switching to the front camera intermittently while driving down the road. I did a reset through the Salesman switch first, no luck. Then pulled the power connector from the HD video switcher mounted on the front wall of the storage cabinet on the passenger side in front of the rear tires. Seemed to clear it up for now. Will see how long it lasts

BPeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPeas View Post
Had this happening along with it switching to the front camera intermittently while driving down the road. I did a reset through the Salesman switch first, no luck. Then pulled the power connector from the HD video switcher mounted on the front wall of the storage cabinet on the passenger side in front of the rear tires. Seemed to clear it up for now. Will see how long it lasts
Tried it didnít help. Wish there was a wiring diagram. Hope your fix lasts.
Charlievette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:51 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I had your condition last week, but it was because I disconnected one of the camera feeds (nearest the outside of the coach?) in the storage compartment described by BPeas. I disconnected it to try to reset another problem (unsuccessful), but the minute I did, the display was exactly as you show in your photo. When I reconnected it the symptom disappeared.

My problem is that the image of the coach roof in the center of the 360 display (with three,not two A/C units), is totally black. This is not from any camera feed, but a static image. The four camera images that are stitched together around the perimeter are fine. Has anyone encountered this before?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19-06-16.Camera Image.SimGof19.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	250130  
WardSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardSimmons View Post
I had your condition last week, but it was because I disconnected one of the camera feeds (nearest the outside of the coach?) in the storage compartment described by BPeas. I disconnected it to try to reset another problem (unsuccessful), but the minute I did, the display was exactly as you show in your photo. When I reconnected it the symptom disappeared.

My problem is that the image of the coach roof in the center of the 360 display (with three,not two A/C units), is totally black. This is not from any camera feed, but a static image. The four camera images that are stitched together around the perimeter are fine. Has anyone encountered this before?
Ward...

It looks like the front camera image is missing on your 360 display?
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:57 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Gil-

Yes, they are all a bit unreliable right now, particularly at start-up. (This photo was at a truck stop after fueling up.) Usually the image will freeze, I reset it via the radio power button, then itís good to go for the rest of the trip - go figure. Got to get it to the shop!
WardSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardSimmons View Post
Gil-

Yes, they are all a bit unreliable right now, particularly at start-up. (This photo was at a truck stop after fueling up.) Usually the image will freeze, I reset it via the radio power button, then itís good to go for the rest of the trip - go figure. Got to get it to the shop!
Ward...

Interesting that I got involved in this discussion...as we left our CG this morning, noticed that my rear camera display is ďstuckĒ on the picture from our campsite. Iím guessing a connection came loose? First time this has happened.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:25 PM   #8
GKU

I had the same problem. There is HD-camera box on the passenger side 4 bays back unplugged it plugged it back in. That fixed the frozen rear camera. At least for a few weeks.
Now both the rear and the left side camera are completely White out.
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKU View Post
I had the same problem. There is HD-camera box on the passenger side 4 bays back unplugged it plugged it back in. That fixed the frozen rear camera. At least for a few weeks.
Now both the rear and the left side camera are completely White out.
GKU...

Is that the box with 4 inputs and 1 output on the bottom of the box? I tried removing the power plug on the the top of the box and then replugging it...still no rear camera.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2019, 08:00 AM   #10
GKU

Bucky II...mine is a black box with HD CMM on front. Power cable is on the top and the 4 camera inputs and 1 output in on the bottom. Could be the same just positioned different.
I believe that this is connected to the radio.
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #11

Xite

I have this issue too with bad camera/video flicker and a dim video display. I can sometimes solve it by power-cycling the radio and it may work for a few hours. I have also powercycled at the Xite HDMM High Definition Camera System located in the passenger side rear bay.

None of the solutions offer a permanent fix. I have called Xite about their poor design with the unit running way too hot and without a power or reset switch on the box itself. They were not helpful. Looks like no one has found a long term solution for this so I will call them again to see if they have something.

I am unimpressed with the Xite - even though I love the 360 camera feature itself. Newmar should drop them as a supplier in my view.

Tags
air