RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2019, 08:45 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
New DS 4328

Well, we traded our 2015 DS 4018 for a new 2019 DS 4328 this week. We are working through the issues but I can't find a few items that I remember seeing in the past. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.

1. The Bose outside sound bar cannot be adjusted to hear the radio. I remember seeing DS Don talk about this but i don' t remember the complete solution.

2. Some one found a (I think) 9" towel bars for under the kitchen sink to permanently attach. i'm looking for the link to Amazon.

3. The cover for the sanicon hose has arrived with heat shrink but I'm still a little hazy on the end attachments. Hose clamps or tie wraps?

4. I am installing a Hughes Auto former and have studied 10fan's install but would like to find other installations to study as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. All the mods listed on this forum have kept me busy for a long time but now finding the particular needed items is not as easy as i thought.

JPietri is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2019, 10:52 AM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Regarding the solution to the BOSE speaker, please look up my posts. Iím the one who replied, and started the thread to explain what to do.

But let me give you the bottom line...

You need a Line Boost Amp which brings the output level of the radio up.

Itís a solution that is under $30.

CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:24 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I found the booster, LGB-1, that you recomended. Where is this installed? can it be powered dirctly with 12v or is the transformer necessary? i assume i'll need a set of RCA jumpers.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:15 PM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Here is the link to one of my posts.

Bose Sound Bar
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t

You place these on the rear channel RCA output at the radio.

The LGB has a 110v to 12v power adapter that you simply cut and split into your radio power.

The PAC already has 12v power leads built into the connector.

Iíve tried both, in order to reduce the ground loop hum and feel the LGB is working better.
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks, the LGB is on the way.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPietri View Post
Well, we traded our 2015 DS 4018 for a new 2019 DS 4328 this week. We are working through the issues but I can't find a few items that I remember seeing in the past. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.

2. Some one found a (I think) 9" towel bars for under the kitchen sink to permanently attach. i'm looking for the link to Amazon.
I used InterDesign Adhesive Towel Bar (8 inch) to fit inside kitchen sink doors. Ordered from The Container Store.

https://www.containerstore.com/s?sou...el+Bar&submit=
bbrewer841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:08 AM   #7

Quote:

1. The Bose outside sound bar cannot be adjusted to hear the radio. I remember seeing DS Don talk about this but i don' t remember the complete solution.

3. The cover for the sanicon hose has arrived with heat shrink but I'm still a little hazy on the end attachments. Hose clamps or tie wraps?

4. I am installing a Hughes Auto former and have studied 10fan's install but would like to find other installations to study as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. All the mods listed on this forum have kept me busy for a long time but now finding the particular needed items is not as easy as i thought.
Hopefully I can help with the autoformer. I installed mine next to the hose real with plugs.
Unwind the entire cord real, disconnect the wires from the automatic transfer switch then wire in the plugs. By doing this, if you ever have a problem with either the cord real contacts or the autoformer it is a simple plug and play fix.
This works very will and protects the autoformer from both the elements and prying eyes.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:09 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
I'm interested in where you mounted the plugs. i will need to move the Sat/Cable connection box but i don't think there is enough room on that wall for the plugs.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:39 AM   #9

Quote:
I'm interested in where you mounted the plugs. i will need to move the Sat/Cable connection box but i don't think there is enough room on that wall for the plugs.
The plugs are not mounted to the walls. I though about attaching a junction box on the walls but that would have beeen silly so I used heave duty 50 amp male and female ends to attach them.

The wire is so thick and heave it does not move and bounce around back there.

On average, we put 10k to 15k miles per year traveling and never had plug issue.

If your autoformer receives a lightning strike or fails in general it would only take a minute to unplug and bypass it and your back in business.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:17 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I moved my sat cable connections to the top of the bay.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181006_144343.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	243821

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I moved my sat cable connections to the top of the bay.Attachment 243821
I'll take and attach some pics as you do not need to move anything