Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #1

New DS 4369

Made the mistake of going to a local RV show and before I know it we ended up with a 2015 DS 4369! We had been considering an upgrade from our Ventana, but we're just in the thinking stage, but once we stepped in the 4369 we were done. They are replacing one sofa with two recliners and the wife wants the other couch to be a J couch. Dealer has been great about changing the furniture so we are really excited. Delivery will be on the 16th, my birthday present! One question, my last coach did not have DEF fluid, how long should I be able to go between fill ups, also what have all of you been getting for mileage on your DS? Will post pictures once we get it.
HWH Active Air Suspension 2014 Wrangler
DRL1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
DLR1950 -

Congrats!!! You are gonna LOVE it! I agree, the 4369 layout is fantastic. We have had our '15 DS 4369 since mid-June and we could not be happier. Great choice, smart investment. We also have the two recliners -- a very comfortable and efficient plan.

The DEF is really nothing to worry about. You get a lot of mileage with a tank -- so much so that you really almost forget it's there. The only way we pay attention to it is to see the green LED lights begin to go down on the dash. You should always keep it above 1/2 so as not to risk the designed slowdown of the coach if the level drops too much but you will go a long time to get to 1/2 tank. Best estimate it is at least 1,500-2,000 miles before you need to add.

Can't answer the mileage question right now as we have not had enough experience or miles on the new coach to know accurately. We routinely got 8.1 to 8.3 on our '13 DS 4018 but I think we were pretty lucky as by most reports this was fantastic mpg. I do not expect that with the 4369 even though it has the same 450HP motor. Certainly, speed influences the mileage. We normally set the cruise at 71-72 mph. Many do no more than 65 mph and that seems to be a "sweet spot" with this coach.

Happy Birthday!! What an outstanding birthday present!

May you have several years of great motoring with your new coach.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:07 PM   #3
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL1950 View Post
Made the mistake of going to a local RV show and before I know it we ended up with a 2015 DS 4369! We had been considering an upgrade from our Ventana, but we're just in the thinking stage, but once we stepped in the 4369 we were done. They are replacing one sofa with two recliners and the wife wants the other couch to be a J couch. Dealer has been great about changing the furniture so we are really excited. Delivery will be on the 16th, my birthday present! One question, my last coach did not have DEF fluid, how long should I be able to go between fill ups, also what have all of you been getting for mileage on your DS? Will post pictures once we get it.

Similar but not exactly the same; our 2015 Ventana 4037 with the 400HP version of the nearly identical engine gets between 7.5 and 10.0 mpg. We tow a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. This in the northeast with fairly hilly terrain. We typically travel 5 mph over the speed limit (60 in a 55mph limit, 70 in a 65mph limit).

We'd slow down but not being retired yet, time on the road is wasted vacation time. And with the TAG and Comfort Drive, 70 mph feels like 55 mph in anything we've owned previously. The 4037 is rock solid at highway speeds.

The DEF you really do forget about. I've topped it off twice in the four months we've had the coach. Once at a truck stop and then again with the Walmart stuff.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:14 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations! We also went from a Ventana to a DS 4369. We got it in May and are just finishing a 4500 mile trip. Gas mileage has ranged from 8.1 to 9.6 with our toad. As far as the DEF, I usually carry three boxes from Walmart and buy more as needed. I have added a total of four boxes on the trip and is showing full right how, so I would estimate a box roughly every 1,000 miles or so. On the highway, we run at about 1600 RPM's or 62 MPH.
Enjoy your new coach.
TwoCorners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:25 AM   #5

DRL-

I was very pleased with my 2015 DS 4312 gas mileage. We typically drive at posted speed limited. From the very beginning I was getting 7mpg. By the time we sold it last month I was creeping up in the 7.25-7.50 range. Once we hit 10,000 miles on odometer I noticed a increase in mileage.

When it comes to gas mileage, it's all relative. I came to Dutch Star after owning a Discovery and I use to get terrible gas mileage. So I was happy with 7mpg.

When at home we fill DEF with plastic containers. When traveling, we wait until after midnight to pull in backwards at a truck stop. Was never a major problem.

Hope this helps. Adil
CentILRVer is offline   Reply With Quote