Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2019, 08:48 AM   #1

New DS4018 arriving today

My new DS4018 arrives today, what are some of the most important things for me to check out first.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2019, 09:07 AM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats......no specific concerns.

Does this mean you'll be picking it up at Lindstroms today? Scotty does a very thorough PDI, including sitting on the two extra chairs to make sure they're not broken.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Congrats......no specific concerns.

Does this mean you'll be picking it up at Lindstroms today? Scotty does a very thorough PDI, including sitting on the two extra chairs to make sure they're not broken.
No just arriving today should be ready for pickup Tuesday. Do they really check everything on the PDI check list?
Old 01-05-2019, 09:41 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Scotty did. He carries the list around....it's many pages and he goes through every item. He ran all the big items through their paces, like the A/C, dishwasher, washer and dryer, Oasis, awnings, etc. During mine, we found the heat pump in the rear A/C unit was not working.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Scotty did. He carries the list around....it's many pages and he goes through every item. He ran all the big items through their paces, like the A/C, dishwasher, washer and dryer, Oasis, awnings, etc. During mine, we found the heat pump in the rear A/C unit was not working.
Thanks about how long is the process?
Old 01-05-2019, 10:46 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Following.
We pick up our 2019 4018 on the 17th from Tom, so I'm interested to hear your feedback.
We've been very impressed with Tom, Scotty, and their crew so far.
Congratulations on your new coach fastlane.
MikeyG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
Following.
We pick up our 2019 4018 on the 17th from Tom, so I'm interested to hear your feedback.
We've been very impressed with Tom, Scotty, and their crew so far.
Congratulations on your new coach fastlane.
Thank you He has my 2018 Thor Palazzo 36.1 for sale low price I don't like paying for 2 Hope Tom sells it soon it is a really nice unit.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I'm guessing around 6-8 hours start to finish. Heck, it can take an hour just to pull all the plastic wrap and Styrofoam out of the refer and remove labels throughout the coach.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:34 PM   #9

Location: Not Sure, but I think I should have turned left at Albuquerque
Congratulations.
FlaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:36 PM   #10

Thank you all for your feedback I dropped by yesterday and Scott was working on it I have no idea how long he was on it I came an hour before the close. He was very careful to check everything on the list I think he has a few more hours to go I will be there Tuesday for the walk through and background on everything that is new to me on this unit. So far I was surprised how he really checked everything I am confident it will all be great. A lot to remember even through this is my fourth coach and I am sure my last.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:24 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congrats! The only things I found after our delivery was the cat6 feed to the bedroom was plugged into the DVD splitter instead of the satellite splitter and the 12 volt feed to baggage freezer had a wire (white one) that wasn’t connected.
crockdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:03 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
17 more hours!!!!
Old 01-07-2019, 05:16 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations... Of course there is a long list of things you need to go through but the most important is to look at the DW and yourself in the mirror and make sure your still smiling.
CLP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:17 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats Fastlane - Enjoy the new coach, and be confident that you will have all the support you need from TL and his crew. We picked up our new coach from them in June 2017.

We did the walk through with them showing us everything, which switches do what, etc. and then spent the night in their lot. That allowed us to really test things out - helped us discover that they had neglected to turn on the electric side of the water heater (there's an extra switch on the WH itself that needs to be flipped on delivery). Otherwise allowed us to come up with an additional list of items that we either didn't remember or they had skipped.

If you don't camp in the lot overnight suggest you stay local for at least a few days so you can come back with any additional questions or concerns.

Enjoy!