RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2006, 06:33 PM   #29
cwg

Paul and Bob,
For the two of you would like to have Lucy go to sleep for a bit, call or PM me. She can be resurrected at any time; I can walk you through it on the phone better than by writing. Plus I won't get in trouble with any of the powers that be.

cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2006, 06:57 PM   #30
cwg

We had alloted a few days for the instruction and PDI when we went to pick up our rig, but with the combination of the DW's prior plans and purchasers of our former coach coming to pick it up, I had to cut short the learning period and hit the highway home.

My question is this: I would have preferred factory delivery and gladly paid the tariff to spend more days with the techs, but now that I have more time and many more questions, has anyone heard of going back to the factory to have a "post purchase" session for the $1800 fee? Even if permissible, there is the matter of the weather in Northern Indiana at this time of year, and as someone has posted, perhaps no appointments until January at which time I will be long off to Florida.
You all better hope I can get to the techs, cuz I sure could flood you with "how to" questions.

Old 11-18-2006, 07:05 PM   #31
Administrator Emeritus

Chuck, I don't know (a) if it's possible,or (b) if you'd even get an appointment with high line...I did get a "penciled in" appointment for some work in January which I have since changed to March 12th....
Maybe hang in the forums for a while as you make a "punch list" of stuff that needs to be done and in the meantime make an appointment for sometime in March to have the things addressed on your list?
I do know, from personal experience several weeks ago, that the techs in Nappanee will take ALL the time you need to help you understand something and it won't cost a dime.
I had issues with understanding the security system and the tech went over every feature with me.
Carl says the weather breaks by March usually...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:18 PM   #32
cwg

Bob, I would really enjoy being there at the same time as you and have a "guide" to the local eateries, but I am one of those snowbirds who stay in Florida until April or at least the end of March... Of course, if the problems of a coach grow, one might be forced to move up the time line for a dealer or factory visit. I have nothing too much wrong at present other than a water line leak somewhere. On the other hand, this week home was spent getting all of one coach unloaded and moved to the new one.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #33
Administrator Emeritus

I know the "snowbird" feeling....I haven't been able to get to Juno Beach to enjoy the $900 lot I'm renting....maybe will get there around January 1st after stopping to see Peter and his wife.
Been a busy winter for me already and I'm headed to Louisville the end of the month.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:49 PM   #34
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
cwg, where do you think your water leak is, not something to let go to long.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:29 AM   #35
cwg

It seems to be minor, and the only reason I know there is one is for the fact that I saw drops emitting from the rubber seal above the outside storage bay doors( on the door side at the bay one up from the outside entertainment center towards the front) approx under the refrigerator. The other reason is that when the water pump is engaged, it will burp for a microsecond every ten minutes or so.

I have looked beneath the kitchen sink area, where the majority of the plumbing is, but can see nothing that might indicate a leak. I suspect that it is coming from a line going to the refrigerator ice maker or the bathroom sink area. Another possibility is the dishwasher supply line.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:01 AM   #36
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Chuck, I don't know (a) if it's possible,or (b) if you'd even get an appointment with high line...I did get a "penciled in" appointment for some work in January which I have since changed to March 12th....
Maybe hang in the forums for a while as you make a "punch list" of stuff that needs to be done and in the meantime make an appointment for sometime in March to have the things addressed on your list? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There should be appointments available. I arrived at the factory yesterday for a Monday appointment I made 3 weeks ago.

There are several full hookup sites available, but they may be filled today.

The weather is cold, rainy, and dreary, but no freezing problems, and that **** messy parking lot of clay/dust/gunk.

As soon as I'm done here, I'm heading South to warmer climates.

p.s. I see the forum edits out colorful language and replaces it with ****. If you've been to the factory, then you know what adjectives apply to the parking lot.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:13 AM   #37
cwg

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Route 66:* messy parking lot of clay/dust/gunk.

Dirk, now I know why the undercarriage of the new rig has so much gray mud residue under it, mostly on the Spartan chassis. They must have a lot of clay at Nappannee.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:15 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They must have a lot of clay at Nappannee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed they do. I don't know why they put up with this mess. It must be free.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:08 AM   #39
Administrator Emeritus

Dirk, I am specifically speaking of the time frame for appointments between the months of January and March, when the labor rate is reduced to $65 per hour and it is for this reason the slots fill up quickly....It's the time where a LOT of Newmar owners choose to have "retail" add ons done...

I too have wondered why they don't spend some money and improve the service waiting lots there at the service center and at the Deleware Street intersection....Makes for a crappy mess in your coach.
I had to buy two new area rugs to replace the ones I ruined in Nappanee...I use two Bed/Bath and Beyond berber rugs, one at the top of the steps and one under the driver's feet.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's the time where a LOT of Newmar owners choose to have "retail" add ons done... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Retail add ons?

Old 11-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #41
Administrator Emeritus

Dirk, I guess I was caught up in Newmar "speak".....SORRY!!

Retail work is what they call the stuff like I'm having done,since it's technically not service or warranty related,so it's like a "retail" sale.
I'm having the power slideout trays added, I would RECOMMEND having them done when you FIRST get the coach as I'm afraid to tell you what it's going to cost me to have them done.

Many people choose to make their appointments during the three month "reduced rate" timeframe.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:46 PM   #42
cwg

Really am enjoying the heated floors. Today while working in the coach putting away the "stuff" from the other sold rig, I turned the thermostat on and the floors heated the interior. But while I feel the heat from the first two zones (there are three controllers in three separate cabinets), I cannot detect any heated tile from the floor around the bathroom area.

Has anybody experienced this, or do you think there is a malfunction in the controller/thermostat located in the bathroom medicine cabinet? The gage works just like the other two with the same imput I have programmed.