RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #57

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Route 66:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OK Bob, but here is one that will be up your alley --- does your tach needle vibrate slightly when underway? The speedometer needle is steady, but not the tach. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My tach does it also. I'm at the the factory now, and Scott the Spartan tech said the jumpy tach needle is normal. There doesn't seem to be any effort to come up with a fix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tachometers are pulse counters so one could assume that the jitters is simply the counting process. Haven't looked at the electricals but they would give an indication of where the pulse is being taken and reason for jitters.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #58
cwg

Ernie,
That is a good question... and one that I am not sure of. My speculation is that one could have the radiant heat with either configuration. Could not see why it would not work with inverter, generator, or plugged into 110.

cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #59

Actually you probably wouldn't want to run the electric heated floor too long on your inverter. It takes about 14 amps at 120 volts. That's about 160 amps 12 volt after factoring in inverter efficiency loss.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #60
cwg

Tachometers are pulse counters so one could assume that the jitters is simply the counting process. Haven't looked at the electricals but they would give an indication of where the pulse is being taken and reason for jitters.

The reason I noticed the pulsing was because having moved from a Freightliner chassis the tach needle was steady as a rock. I just wasn't used to the difference in viewing the gauge. Glad to know it is nothing to worry about.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:43 PM   #61

Chuck, I don't think Freightliner to Spartan has anything to do with it. My last rig was a Spartan Cummins also and it was steady also. Guess it's just an '07 ISM thing.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #62
cwg

Peter, maybe it's all those 500 horses trying to get out and make you go faster!
Old 11-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #63

The ISM is electronically fired by the cam shaft as apposed to the ISL and C that is fully electronically fired. I know the ISL and C have 4 available electric pulses per 1 rotation cycle (2 revolutions) whereas the ISM and X only have 2. Don't know if this is used in electronically counting the RPM or so, but that would mean twice the pulse availibilty on the smaller engines.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #64

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I cannot detect any heated tile from the floor around the bathroom area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Chuck! I have been off forum for quite a few days. Just starting to try and catch up. We have 3 zones and you can tell the difference when they are on or at different temps. Are your displays showing in C degrees or F degrees? Paul
Old 11-22-2006, 06:04 PM   #65
cwg

Paul, great relevent point. When it came from the factory, all three were set on celcius. But during the PDI, the tech reset them to farenheit. I am thinking the one in the bathroom vanity may not be making good contact as the screw is lying out of it. It would take a real special screwdriver to secure it ( more like an L) due to how close it is to the bottom of the cabinet.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:07 PM   #66

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cwg:
the aspect of dry camping a 45' is rather like slumming in an Armani suit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I have finally recovered from laughing so hard. I simply can't wait to muddy up my Armani! Since my whole plan is to boondock a 45'er, cwg has provided a perfect tag line for me!!! Can I use your quote cwg? Do you think Armani offers a ScotchGuard option?
Old 11-23-2006, 08:27 AM   #67
cwg

Can I use your quote cwg? Do you think Armani offers a ScotchGuard option?
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

It was yours for the asking.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:20 PM   #68
cwg

With Bob having shown us pictures of his friend's Travel Supreme Select which has factory installed stainless steel along the bottom of the coach, what do you all think of an aftermarket product like the stainless steel produced by Summit Products of Johnston, Iowa?

One of my friends had them measure his 43' coach at a rally and they came to our town to put it on a month or so later. It really looks outstanding, but of course is one of those upgrades for which there will never be a return.

The next question is.. how many inches of stainless is best. Summit likes about 8 or 10". What really dresses the coach up are the stainless grill grates on both sides.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #69
Administrator Emeritus

Peter.....show him the pics of YOURS!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #70
Administrator Emeritus

Since it looks like Peter is gone,here's the only pic I could find of his coach....The panel goes straight to the rear and encompasses the grille pieces at the same parallel level line.

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote