Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2006, 06:40 AM   #85

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am checking out having a Sanicon waste system put on the rig </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Chuck! I would love to hear more about this if you do not mind. Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2006, 06:48 AM   #86
cwg

Today I am writing from the Amish Acres Inn just as yesterday, only today I am a guest as opposed to borrowing their WiFi. Newmar wanted to put me up since my motorhome was a wreck after yesterday's work. Only one tile was promised to be taken out to look for the electric heat wire, but it soon escalated into many as the readings kept changing on their instruments. One explanation was that the heating blanket manufacturer had reversed the wiring leads, but they conceded that the production line crew had failed to do their job upon installation by not testing it.

This is, of course, nothing compared to the scale of events that Bob and others have experienced, but my two days for repairs has turned into a week.

I hestiate to go and view the work, but here I go and need to get on the road. I am still subscribing to Bob's theory of honey and smiles will do more in the long run than bitterness over whatever.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #87

Hello Chuck. What does Bob charge for a subscription to his theory? Or is it like one of those trade magazines where subscrptions are free - you just have to put up with all the ads.

Sorry. I just couldn't help myself.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:17 AM   #88

Hi Chuck! Sorry to hear it is getting messy. Hopefully they finish soon. Would you mind asking them how to get the marks off the tiles from the slide resting on it? Also how can I prevent it in the future? Thanks, Paul
Old 12-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #89
cwg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetsmania:
Would you mind asking them how to get the marks off the tiles from the slide resting on it? Also how can I prevent it in the future? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul, you are too much like me. I have already asked both questions last week. As far as how to remove the slide marks off the tile, their answer is to prevent them. They had nothing as to how to remove them once there.

As far as preventing them, they said that many others have used a very thin piece of material on the tiles where the rollers cross the floor and the weight and movement of the slide will be not directly onto the tile. They even cut me a section of clear plastic off a roll of stuff like used on carpet to keep off dirt. It adheres to the tile nicely.

Whatever you use, even the antiskid type of rubber mat sold by Walmart or Camping World, they stress to make sure it is very thin so it will not cause a problem to the slide and carpet adjacent to the tile.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #90
Administrator Emeritus

Chuck, when I was in Nappanee and met Peter (LugNut), his wife showed me the thin rubber doilie placemats they used on the slide runners...

I still DO subscribe to the "more with honey" theory and an explanation of the theory is free of charge to everyone EXCEPT Ken Sherwin...
Lunch at the Country Table on him (NOT literally...LOL) will get him the secret..

I met some folks in an office down the street in Nappanee that knew my name when I was introduced and one of the things that was said to me was that they appreciated my patience and the way I was handling the issues with my coach...My Pop would sure be proud.

Give me a call tomorrow Chuck...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #91
cwg

Paul, also did not mean to ignore your question on Sanicon. I was off to see the wreck of the Hesperus, otherwise known as my Essex. It was not a pretty scene when I went to check on the progress of the tile. I had delusions that I would be driving home at this hour, but it just wasn't going to happen today.

I have been rebooked into the Inn with a promise that they are all staying as late as it takes. And I have to agree, with the tile being laid so freshly, I would rather have an overnight cure period before the undulations of the road trip take their toll on the grout.

Several of my friends have the RV Sanicon waste removal system on their coaches and all rave about it. The developer of it has suggested that if one has a minimum of 8 1/2 inches of space at the bottom of the sewer Y junction, then he thinks the better choice would be the 5800-6004 model as the pump head (and macerator) are attached onto the Y. The regular 5800 is used as OEM for many coaches and can fit into a smaller space, but requires more work to attach the pump to a wall or floor. I had Newmar service put in the wiring for me since I am so tech challenged.

You can see more about it on the websites and forum history, and I see that RV upgrades sells it. There has been past discussion that the advertised price may be more than what one has to pay for a system. You may see some reference to the model 5800-6003, but that is an older version and the xx04 has a slightly larger grey water bypass hose.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #92
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks for the information on the Sanicon..

I know you're in good hands there in Napanee...
Old 12-20-2006, 03:50 AM   #93

Hi Chuck! Your coach must look like an explosion in a dust factory. I hope they clean it for you. Let me know which unit you install if you do it. When are you in Florida? Paul
Old 12-20-2006, 05:15 AM   #94
Administrator Emeritus

Paul, I just spoke to him a second ago,he was on a test drive and said he'd call me when he got on the road...

Sounds like they're maybe wrapping things up..
Old 12-20-2006, 06:09 AM   #95

Hi Bob! I am sure you know the feeling more than anyone, how nice it is when the factory is in the rear view mirrors. Or should I say the rear camera. Paul
Old 12-26-2006, 05:42 PM   #96
cwg

I had been wanting to mention something a few of you may already know, but I did not and don't recall this in the information literature.

While at the factory, I inquired as to what the little dial in the water compartment bay was...not the thermostat for the heat setting, rather a dial guage on the right side near the outside shower attachment. I found out it is the adjustment dial setting for the automatic fill. It serves as a timer of sorts for how much water can enter the tank.

Mine had been set at the factory at a moderate setting, but the service advisor stated he prefers it to be on the maximum setting. It will take on more gallons between "burps", sightings, or whatever process it computes.

Also wanted to report that all my misgivings about the motorhome looking somewhat normal after the removal, repair and installation of new tile was for naught. As promised, I could not tell they had even worked in the area. It was pristine clean and they reported that they had worked 6 hours overtime to get me back on the road in time to make it home. I very much appreciate what all high line service did.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:07 AM   #97

To; ALL NEW NEWMAR OWNERS&lt;

It's been said before;

Nothing is perfect!!

When it comes to something man has built, this is particularly true.

As far as Newmar, service and customer service is where they excel.

This is what there reputation is built on and why they have so many repeat customers.

But, if the dealer can't correct a problem the first time, bring the rig to the people that built it. This will save you a lot of grief.

T hanks== AIME==== AJBJRVERS===

HAPPY NEWmar YEAR===