Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2014, 06:07 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
New instructions for use of COM_ NET network

Newmar the pass weekends has been rebuilding the network for tech info for new coach's plus older ones and they have been moving some things around so some of our old links in posts, go no where.
I have found some of the old links in new locations and redid the original link.
I will be going through every thing to get corrected they have grouped items in new year groups so its a fun project.
We will get there.
As I have been checking finding bum links all over the place some links multiple so try a NEW LINK IN QT's 1 & 2 === AND # 3 in my signature, below, for info if necessary.

------------------------ COM_NET NETWORK LINK ------------------------
------------------------------Access Link will bring you to main page------------------

-------------------- PARTS & WARRANTY REFERENCE page------------------Main Page
COACH BROCHURES
DECOR INTERIOR PROFILES
PAINT CODES
TECH SERVICE BULLETINS
DEALER PARTS REFERENCE
NEWMAR WARRANTY
PRINTS
DEALER WARRANTY
OWNERS GUIDES
PRODUCT INFORMATION BULLETINS

--------------------------------- TECHNICAL INFORMATION page---------------Main Page
ADHESIVES & SEALANTS
CABINETS & FURNITURE
ELECTRICAL
MISCELLANEOUS
SLIDE OUTS
JACKS
AC's & HEATING
CHASSIS
EXTERIOR
INTERIOR
PLUMBING
APPLIANCES & ACCESSORIES
CONSTRUCTION
SERVICE SCHOOL GUIDES----2007-----2011----2013 ----2007 WILL COVER YEARS PRIOR

-------------------------- CATALOG MODEL YEAR PARTS ---------Main Page

This access will request your model year, than type coach and will present all that is generally installed on your build sheet plus options that were available for that year information for E-PLEX, SILVERLEAF, KIB and other items will be picked up on other menus.
The School Links will have instructions also for Techs that were trained.

This is only a partial list but will get you to most of the important stuff you need, just remember each listing I have posted will get you in deeper into the COM_NET network because all that is listed has their own lists to dig deeper.
Some will request year and type of coach you own to gather information only for your coach.
At the bottom of each page you may see a small arrow that will take you to the next page.
As you work through the links they will appear at the top of your page just use your back arrow to keep the main important ones so you do not have to start all over.
Have fun learning about your coach it should get interesting for you.

COM_NET CATALOG SHOPPING

The network you may find is not working at times weekends or week nights, on Saturday they will do maintenance and nights someone pulls the switch but it should be up and running Monday thru Friday mornings 6 AM.

FINDING YOUR COACH INFORMATION on a used coach starting with year 2000.
You go to top of the COM_NET page where you will see SEARCH CATALOG and input your VIN# number the last seven digits or letters, you can also use the coach build number and add CS on end of it.
You may find your coach build number on paper stuck on kitchen cabinet door or bedroom closet.

If you enter the correct VIN# you will get information like the last 7 didgits of this VIN# C048341
When you get that line it will be highlighted just click on it and your coach information will appear on your page.

So read the link a few times to get familiar with COM_NET and go hunting for information you need.
Some information is common to all coach's built by Newmar in COM_NET and much of that info will be in the QT stickies top of forum or the links below in my signature.

ALL COM_NET LINKS PROVIDED BY ME ARE ALREADY SIGNED IN IT'S NOT NECESSARY FOR YOU TO SIGN INTO COM_NET.

AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN COM_NET WORKING THE SIGN IN WILL NOT TIME OUT OTHERWISE YOU NEED TO RE-ACCESS THE COM_NET LINK.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks!!!
I look forward to using it.

Bob
the trainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:17 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Been correcting links mostly in QT's # 3 and most have been corrected if not let me know.
Also have found many new links I have added especially in the Newmar electrical systems for E-PLEX and Silverleaf years 2013-2015 I gave instructions on how to access to much to load here or QT's # 3.

For newer 2015 coach's many links to 12v power systems and wiring and other items in the COM_NET network at this time will be only access I may add some in QT's #3 in future have to sort through them.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have been working in QT's 1 & 2 links and have redone all slide information links and others.
There is new updated info even has information on kitchen slides now.
I will say that links being corrected in the QT's links will not correct them in the many threads or posts they have been inserted on forum.
If you find one not working in thread go to the QT's links or hunt for them in the COM_NET network.
I also find that the main page on COM_NET changes for access but main information is still there.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
To bring you up to date com_net links

As I have been traveling around COM_NET I'm finding more information for year groups from 1999 to 2013 for information for locks for instance here is a example:

COM_NET LINK------TECHNICAL INFORMATION----EXTERIOR -----AWNINGS OR ENTRANCE DOOR, STEPS, PANELS====SELECT YOUR YEAR GROUP

If you follow the sequence I gave you, you will find info for your coach for doors.
Because of the added info in new COM_NET you will probably see this sequence more often then just a simple link in the QT's links.

I also find the COM_NET LINK at time not working I have been using the link from the NEWMAR CORP sticky at top of forum on the NEWMAR CORP link inside.

From there go to bottom of link select PARTS & SUPPORT on right and over to left after scrolling down will be the COM_NET access link.

HAVE FUN TRY NOT TO GET LOST we do not have a rescue team yet.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #6

How do you get a user name and password to sign on to com_net?
Mmenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You shouldn't need it I have already signed everyone in.
Just click on the COM_NET link.
Its no longer necessary to sign in to Com_Net just select one of the COM_NET LINKS PROVIDED and you will go to the main page.
You can find link here in this thread at the TOP OF FIRST page QT's 1 & 2 and in the main NEWMAR CORP sticky top of forum.