RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2018, 11:37 AM   #1

New member interested in CS 3926

Sorry if you also saw this in the Facebook group.

I am interested in comments about a Canyon Star 3926 plus Newmar in general.

My dog and I have been full-timers since the 4th quarter of 2014. Now at age 58, I feel our full-timer status may not end in a couple more years as I had once thought but instead our traveling is likely to become permanent and so I am looking for something a little different than my very cool, yet small, all-aluminum 18-foot travel trailer (an Alto R1723 by Safari Condo) that has taken me all over the country. I have settled on a Class A format as giving me the space, general floor plan, and home-like environment that I would like. From many discussions with motorhome owners at numerous state and national parks, Newmar is one of the few names that I constantly hear positive comments about.

While Spring/Fall weather is my favorite, I camp in every weather imaginable. Single digits temps to nearly triple digits. Rainstorms of biblical proportions to blizzards plus under the blazing sun. I don't expect a 4-seasons MH but would like something that doesn't need to be winterized every time the forecast says the temperature might dip a little under 32°F for a couple hours. Also, I camp up in the mountains, deep in the forests, next to lakes and rivers, plus out in the desert... and I even periodically brave the wilds of a Walmart parking lot. LOL I currently do some boondocking and would like to do more camping out in the sticks rather than always be on a formal campsite with nearby neighbors.

I need something that can be used day in and day out by a full-timer, albeit just a single guy and his faithful hound in this case. Too many RVs these days seem to be cheaply built for use only 1-2 weekends a month for half the year and then after 5-7 years, you gut it and totally rehab the inside. I want something with enough quality of material and workmanship that it will last for quite a while and not start falling apart after a few years. I believe that Newmar provides that quality.

Getting a new 3926 from the factory would be nice so that I could order it with everything I want. But, if I could find a loaded, gently used 3926 at a fair price, I might give that some consideration.

Any comments for me?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171024_235055.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	187547  

FullTime2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Can't help with your question but wanted to say hello!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

Happy New Year!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
from WA State!

Having ordered two DSDP's I can say you won't be disappounted with a Newmar.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #4

Welcome full time. No it doesn’t last forever and rving will end way too soon. Im 80 and can feel it creeping around me.
Suggest you find a gently used3926 with solar panels already installed. Save $$.
Think of one about2 or3 years used. Consider the tires and batteries. They are time sensitive and expensive. FWIW........"
Old 01-02-2018, 12:17 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Have you picked a floor plan? 2018’s show eight FP from 35 to 39 feet. For just you and the dog, the shorter might be better.
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
deaton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:51 PM   #6

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:54 PM   #7

The 3926 is what I have focused on thus far. 1-1/2 baths and plenty of sleeping room for friends and family.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:03 PM   #8

Glad to see that your pup has a good set of shades! You might or will find that you cannot take a tall and longer Class A into some of the smaller more remote places that you two can currently go. Those branches that are 10 ft above might not have posed a problem to you in your travel trailer will now be a drivability/accessibility factor. Not the end of the world. Just something to consider. We have a Class A and love it. It does indeed feel like a home.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:08 PM   #9

I have 2 dogs as well but the Canon Star floor plans aren't as practical as the Bay Stars in my opinion. They are both gas and all the others on up are diesel.

The Canon Stars are all over 35 feet which could pose a problem going to some places. Plus, what does a single person, even a couple, need more than 1 bathroom for? To me it is a sheer waste of valuable space and no back window to look out!!

As for the Newmar brand itself, I can't say enough about the company and the people who own one Great group.

Personally, I like the 3401 and for 2018 they have a built in doggie bed when the sofa lifts up

Best of luck in your search!

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
Glad to see that your pup has a good set of shades! You might or will find that you cannot take a tall and longer Class A into some of the smaller more remote places that you two can currently go. Those branches that are 10 ft above might not have posed a problem to you in your travel trailer will now be a drivability/accessibility factor. Not the end of the world. Just something to consider. We have a Class A and love it. It does indeed feel like a home.
Yes, very true. Due to coach length, we will be limited with some of the more remote locations and some of the older campgrounds we might want to visit. But, that is a trade-off I am willing to to make. Still, it never hurts to remember such trade-offs.
Thanks.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
I have 2 dogs as well but the Canon Star floor plans aren't as practical as the Bay Stars in my opinion. They are both gas and all the others on up are diesel.

The Canon Stars are all over 35 feet which could pose a problem going to some places. Plus, what does a single person, even a couple, need more than 1 bathroom for? To me it is a sheer waste of valuable space and no back window to look out!!

As for the Newmar brand itself, I can't say enough about the company and the people who own one Great group.

Personally, I like the 3401 and for 2018 they have a built in doggie bed when the sofa lifts up

Best of luck in your search!
My apologies for wanting a second bathroom for guests and visitors to use. Being a single guy who surely would never clean the back full bath more than once per year, I thought that it would make sense to have a relatively unused and thus, relatively clean bathroom for those who may visit or travel with me. I now see the error in my logic and thus, I will focus my future attention on your sage recommendations of having no more than one bathroom.
And in the future, I will be certain to list all reasons, large and small, for my interest in a particular floor plan so that I don't upset anyone by appearing to make a silly and uniformed decision that doesn't match with their personal coach preferences.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and irv2 , Fulltimer.
Here is a link to help you get around irv2.
To help you in finding any used or new coach this link will give you all tsb's, brochure, owners guide, recalls for coach you maybe interested in.
A bath and 1/2 is not a waste you will se what I mean if you have one.
Good selling point if you ever want to get another coach.
For what ever couch you get all the links below in my signature will have answers for that coach.
Good luck in your future fulltiming adventures and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";3972357]Welcome to the forum and irv2 , Fulltimer.
Here is[B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/important-information-for-new-irv2-members-371611.html
a link[/URL][/B] to help you get around irv2.
To help you in finding any used or new coach this link will give you all tsb's, brochure, owners guide, recalls for coach you maybe interested in.
A bath and 1/2 is not a waste you will se what I mean if you have one.
Good selling point if you ever want to get another coach.
For what ever couch you get all the links below in my signature will have answers for that coach.
Good luck in your future fulltiming adventures and safe travels.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
And forgive my facetious tendencies with that other person but it is hard to restrain myself at times. LOL
Old 01-03-2018, 11:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullTime2014 View Post
My apologies for wanting a second bathroom for guests and visitors to use. Being a single guy who surely would never clean the back full bath more than once per year, I thought that it would make sense to have a relatively unused and thus, relatively clean bathroom for those who may visit or travel with me. I now see the error in my logic and thus, I will focus my future attention on your sage recommendations of having no more than one bathroom.
And in the future, I will be certain to list all reasons, large and small, for my interest in a particular floor plan so that I don't upset anyone by appearing to make a silly and uniformed decision that doesn't match with their personal coach preferences.
What? You looked like a nice fellow with a cute dog. Everyone has preferences it makes the world go round and I was genuinely trying to answer your inquiry

It seems the best answer would have been perhaps for you to just look inside of yourself It doesn't matter to me what you choose for your rig. I am excited about what I have chosen and merely stated what my observations are of some floor plans . I guess we also have different cleaning habit

Anyway, hope you find what you are looking for Newmar makes a great product.

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags