Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2016, 07:57 AM   #15

We are on our way home sfter a month long maiden voyage, so far a few drawes have opened as we drive, we are sitting at a campground as we speak because our bedroom slide has decided not to work!
Heard a huge thumping noise while traveling couldnt figure out what it was, turned out yo be shampoo and conditioner left in shower. this is an experience for sure. Glad your dog is ok.
Bnails52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
Never put a whole watermelon in the fridge no matter how well you think you have it secured.

Made me snort :-)

I have heard of people storing them in the kitchen sink
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:01 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Turning out of driveway, turned like I was driving a car. Thank goodness I have an 30' entrance but was centered. Trailer with well strapped rzr went into ditch. Tractor and chains got it out but learned fast to sweep wide.
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:40 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Maiden voyage took off right side view mirror with soft pine tree, 2nd trip left fridge unlocked had pickle convention on floor, there are more but don't think you are alone. In all cases DW just smiled and said "oh well".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:47 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Hit my head on the cabinet over the drivers seat THREE times now. You'd think I would learn, but my wife says I have a hard head...good thing.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:25 AM   #20

Happened to folks I know. New diesel DP. First trip California to Nebraska. Leaving the dealer lot side swipe a post while turning. Got to Colorado and pulled over by State Patrol, ticket for hazardous material spill, forgot to close black dump valve leaving a trail on the highway. Got to Nebraska, pull off for a break, and the toad is gone. Call law enforcement and it is 300 miles behind them, totaled in a ditch. Wife and kids abandon ship and fly home. Owner gets back, parks the coach in storage and a California wildfire melts one side when it overtakes the storage lot. Sells the coach to the guy who loaned him the toad for less than 1/2 what he paid. Total ownership time less than 3 weeks.

Sounds like a movie script but all sadly true.

CC, Paula and Duckie, safe travels. It could be worse, a lot worse....
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:22 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for sharing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
Happened to folks I know. New diesel DP. First trip California to Nebraska. Leaving the dealer lot side swipe a post while turning. Got to Colorado and pulled over by State Patrol, ticket for hazardous material spill, forgot to close black dump valve leaving a trail on the highway. Got to Nebraska, pull off for a break, and the toad is gone. Call law enforcement and it is 300 miles behind them, totaled in a ditch. Wife and kids abandon ship and fly home. Owner gets back, parks the coach in storage and a California wildfire melts one side when it overtakes the storage lot. Sells the coach to the guy who loaned him the toad for less than 1/2 what he paid. Total ownership time less than 3 weeks.

See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:25 PM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I broke the pull out counter top extension. I'm a big guy, don't lean on it.
I was checking out the wooden crown molding, just admiring it running my hand across and a piece broke off in my hand, carpenters glue fix. I broke something else but I don't recall at the moment. This was all in the first day. lol
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:08 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post

Good Lord. I am NOT showing my wife this thread.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:06 PM   #24
4x4

Newmar Owners Club
Mine was kind of interesting...
This past July, the 3rd month owing my Essex I was in Idaho heading west. I was out of cell phone range to double check my directions, so simply trusting upon a dash mounted GPS, headed west. GPS headed me onto the Kleinschmidt Grade into Hells Canyon. By the time I realized I was on a two way, one lane dirt road it was too late to turn around, and since I was alone towing my Wrangler Unlimited I could not separate the two, so forward I had to go with my 45' motorhome towing my Jeep being about 63' long on this dirt road... I ended up dropping the passenger rear tires off side of the road (branches hid that the road was gone)! Anyway lucky no one was coming up in the other direction. Finished the drive down with the 3 rear passenger cargo doors damaged. (Already repaired!) I have since reprogrammed the GPS to only travel on paved roads!!!!
4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:08 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow you all have had some heart stopping moments!!

Very interesting too :-)

Thanks so much for commiserating.

Latest is that between the two of us and/or parts/design, the large top drawer under the stove now has a broken latch :-). We have appt at Midway later this week to fix our (short) punch list, so I just have to figure out a way to keep it closed when we drive :-). I suspect there'll be a pillow wedged in our aisle tomorrow for 270 miles
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #26

I forgot to mention that I tried using the washer dryer unit in our new motorhome, husband said it was ok to do it, next thing I know I have water seeping through the rug between the kitchen and the bathroom, husband forgot to open water valve so the water in the tank filled up and started seeping through the rug when he went out and looked he opened up the valves and everything was fine after that, but we did a lot of sucking up ,dried OK and things are all right now. We also forgot to put the antenna down when we were in Oklahoma and with the Wind it kind of messed it up so hubby duct taped it and it still works thank goodness! Don't know if it will have to be replaced or not. Now we have a big sign that says put up antenna right in front of the driver's seat. LOL happy trails everybody we're going out again in December heading to Florida will keep you posted on the second Journey
Bnails52 is offline   Reply With Quote