Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
New Newmar Mountain Aire 4081

We just picked up our "new to us" Newmar in Minot, ND on Friday. We had the walk thru and proceded to go shopping and camping in North Dakota in December!
It was snowing profusely and the streets were snowpacked and icy. We were loving it as we cruised around the shopping malls. After supper we went back to the dealer and hooked to power and spent the night in our Newmar. Everthing was great. The heat was perfect even with a winter storm warning in effect and -5 degrees below F. On Saturday we headed home to Montana and had a wonderful short trip. Can't wait til spring.
trower is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Woo Hoo! Post some photos when you can.

You're braver than I am. I would not have picked up a new rig, this time of year, in ND! Nor would I be 'camping' this time of year, in ND!

Here's where ours will remain until spring...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frozen in hell.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	593.3 KB
ID:	7169  
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi trower,
Congrats on your new coach. Welcome to the Newmar family. Take a look at the Newmar Kountry Klub and see if it fits into your RV plans. The Klub web site is at Welcome to Newmar Kountry Klub . If you have any questions post in the NKK forum (a sub forum if this forum) or send me a PM.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome

Hello trower, WELCOME to iRV2. Your trip reminds me of our first Motorhome (78 CONCORD). We used it, whenever the weather was great for driving around Edmonton, AB. Drove it even through the Rockies in February 78 over the weekend. Just could not wait until spring was melting the 'white stuff' away. Of course, Insulation was zero at the time
Enjoy the Newmar Motorhome.

TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #5

Welcome Trower to the IRV2 forum. A great group of Newmar owners are here. And congrats on the purchase. I saw you were from Circle, MT and I remember going through there and maybe having breakfast at a local cafe in route to Rocky Boy near Havre, MT. Was Circle along the road with all the abandoned railroad cars?
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #6

Holy Smokes!

You northern North Americans are simply built different than we are south of the Mason Dixon line. Congratulations on the new coach. Glad you made it back safe.

Put another log on the fire and dream of sunny San Antonio, Texas. Actually, we have a fire going tonight because it is supposed to get down to 28 here in the morning. Wow! That's cold! We are teased incessantly by our relatives from Iowa and Minnesota about how we react to the "cold".

Not to worry.

Welcome to iRV2.com.

Don
akadeadeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Trower to the Newmar forum & Newmar family.
Congratulations on coach many happy safe miles for you.
Nothing can beat camping in the winter time in your Newmar just keep the heat on.
Traveled to Newmar country last January for work, floor tile than down to FL. and back again in February for more work to be done than home.
Stayed in Cracker Barrel lots on way down and back.
While weather was cold our Newmar was warm as toast.
This LINK will find info on your coach. just need your coach build number as mine 700963CS which you may find in a cabinet or material that came with coach.
Enjoy the forum and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We built a great building to keep our old trailer and Suburban out of the weather and now the Newmar fits just right.
Over the last couple of years during the economic downturn BN has hidden a lot of ( a whole lot of ) rail cars in obscure railway sidings and we are close to one of these sidings. I say hidden because they pay property taxes on each and everyone of these cars. Different states have different rates.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Trower, we have driven our coach in the snow before, too. In 2007, we ran into snow at the West Virginia line we drove in snow and ice all the way to Newmar at Nappanee. The coach handled great in the snow and ice, but I hope we never have to do that again. It took many, many washings underneath the coach, radiator, and engine compartment to remove the road salt and chemicals from the chassis components. If left unchecked, those chemicals will do a number on the chassis components of your coach, and the number is not good. I would recommend you do a thorough cleaning underneath your coach, radiator, and engine compartment as soon as the weather warms up enough to do so.
ricere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That's a great recommendation ricere, I work at a place with an inside wash bay and was there this morning steaming over, under and inside everything. They were salting in Minot on Fri night.