Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2019, 03:16 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
I have a wonderful Whirlpool w/d. If you want to meet up after taking delivery I will swap out with you so you can get rid of that Splindid set up. Just the kind of guy I am. I will drive up to 1,000 miles to meet up, and pay for your dinner!

You meet the nicest people here in iRV2......nuttin' but luv......

(LOL!!!!)

g
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2019, 10:34 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Whirlpool makes several brands, Kenmore, and a few others I cannot remember. We have Kenmore at home and in the MH now. Never had trouble. Now, if the shipping block comes with the new coach for the units. I will place it in the units prior to moving it because an RV is an earthquake going down the road. In the Ventana model we are getting they are in the back, bad for jumping up and down. Use the shipping blocks if they are present, keep them and put them back in prior to moving the rig. Washers and dryers are not equipped to move around a lot (the whole thing-not the tubs), it does things to the weights built inside them. We bought a German brand for home in 2015, the washer came with to long rods that must be installed prior to moving it around. We moved across the country, and they worked fine when we installed them in our new house. Our current model is amidships so it does not move around a lot so no shipping block needed (were not in it anyway-would have used them if present).
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:44 PM   #17

The Whirlpool washer uses 4 transport bolts inserted from the back of the washer and tightened with a wrench.

I don't see anybody pulling their 200 pound washer out of the cabinet, turning it around and installing the transport bolts every time they move to another RV site. If Newmar or Whirlpool expects that then they're off their rockers.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:44 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Then I will rigid Styrofoam blocks and wedge them in there. Something to keep the tub from bouncing around.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #19

IMHO the slide issue is major. Personally, I wouldn't even sign a sales contract until it's fixed.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:01 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-RVer View Post
Then I will rigid Styrofoam blocks and wedge them in there. Something to keep the tub from bouncing around.
Well, over 40,000 miles and 4 years (that I've had it ) 100,000 before that and the machine is the original 2003 splendide with no blocks installed. The tub bounces a lot more when it's being run and Balancing a load than driving down the road . Honestly I believe the "transport" blocks are in case the shipping box the machine is in is turned on its side or upside down ... I don't plan on THAT happening and if it does I have a Bigger problem. I'm not blocking the machine (nobody else does ..... well almost nobody ) for the what would have been 60 times I moved last year alone! DW uses it almost every day!
Old 03-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #21

My original Kenmore is secured to the wall with 2 steel brackets (which I need to paint since I have the washer out right now) so I guess that is the way they secured them back in '97. The brackets are attached to the cabinet at the top and then to the wall. Do the new combos/stacked have permanent brackets?

For the coaches with air ride like ours, I would think not much moves as you cruise down the road. If I do a lot of turning, stuff will get the urge to move a little.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer