Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #15

LabRat, are you the Mike Mas from that website? If so, you’ve done a wonderful job! It’s incredibly informative and helpful for issues just like this. Kudos
Skyjockey67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2018, 06:35 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyjockey67 View Post
LabRat, are you the Mike Mas from that website? If so, you’ve done a wonderful job! It’s incredibly informative and helpful for issues just like this. Kudos
No, I'm not - Mike is Idleup here on the forum.. His website is awesome.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
No, I'm not - Mike is Idleup here on the forum.. His website is awesome.

It IS! I have learned much about our new coach from his posts and website, really helps when you are switching manufacturers.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:13 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Keeping an eye on your posts. We are on Entegra Coach #2 after two travel trailers. New Aire may be New in our future too. Congratulations!
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
Welcome to Newmar. We have a 18 LA and still enjoy the 45 ft. Essex and London Aire. It appears from the picture that your slide behind the driver seat is a little out of alinement on the bottom. Could be a shadow but since you are NIRVC let them look at that. We purchased our 18 LA from NIRVC in Dallas too and are very pleased with all 3 Newmar, LA and NIRVC.
Newmar Man
When purchasing our 3343 we went from 43 to 33 ft and have done fine. What I discovered was that when I removed the stuff we never used we were fine. Your will love the features and maneuverability.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Not crazy about the 3345 layout, even though it is basically the same as the 3343, it looks like you run into similar issues when slides are closed. The dinette sticks out further than the couch, so in the 3343, it is basically flush with the counter. In the 3345, the counter sticks out from the couch and looks like you have to walk around the dinette to get to the back of the coach.
Here are a couple of photos of a 3345 with slides in. You would want to move the ottomans. The tighest spot was where the refrigerator handles jutted into the hallway.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180817_144619.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	218012Click image for larger version

Name:	20180817_144630.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	218013
Old 09-07-2018, 11:22 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Not as bad as I imagined. Looks nice. Wonder how it looks with the dinette option.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:38 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Not as bad as I imagined. Looks nice. Wonder how it looks with the dinette option.
Good point. If I'm reading the option list correctly, the choices on a 3345 are hide-a-leaf buffet dinette or free standing dinette. There is no eurobooth or regular booth option.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Probably a good reason for that. We're a family of 3, so we liked the dinette better for us.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations. Welcome to the family. Nice looking coach.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuallen View Post
Congratulations. Welcome to the family. Nice looking coach.
Oh how we wish! We are still in the dreaming stage. We can't wait to part of the family for real. ☺

We visited the dealer once we heard they had a 3345 on the lot. I took gobs of photos. It became our favorite layout rather quickly.

As far as I know, that particular coach is still for sale at Campingworld in Ashland Va.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:42 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyjockey67 View Post
What was your thought process for picking that over the 3341? It looks like they’re selling twice as many of the 3343 than the 3341 (and I have no idea about the 3345)
As LabRat said, we didn’t care for the split bath in the 3341. I also preferred 3 slides, not 4. Mike Mas makes a great point however; the roof above the FWS is unsupported from the passenger seat back to the washer/dryer. I’ll be watching that over time—so far so good.
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #27

Hello to all; Looked at the 3343 this winter when we went to Camping world in Mesa for some, you know, stuff! Across the street was the Newmar dealer. Could not wait to get out of Camping World with my stuff and throw it into the Jeep. They had 2 New Air's parked side by side both the 3343 floor plan. My current coach is an 01 Monaco Windsor PBS with just the one slide on the drivers side, kitchen slide. When we have traveled, to us, mostly all the great things to see from the coach are on the curb side. That's is where the big awning is and if we want to sit inside and eat, we look over the great view. I know not all spots you stay in work out that way, but to me having the dining side on the utility side of the coach is not appealing to me, and that is just me. My previous 2000 Monaco Windsor 32 PB with no slides also had the dining on the curb side so I wanted that in our next coach. I have been following all the New Air observations since they have been posted. Very interesting reading. To me the Newmar line seems nice. The only thing that I do not care for in the New Air is all the dark wood. In the 2 coaches I looked at in Mesa, the sun was out and awnings were in and to me it was extremely dark on the inside. Looked at a lot of New Air's on line and very few have the lighter wood on the inside. Anyway, JMHO on why I prefer, don't have one, the 3343 floor plan. Everyone, enjoy your New Air's and have a great weekend!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSquid View Post
Oh how we wish! We are still in the dreaming stage. We can't wait to part of the family for real. ☺

We visited the dealer once we heard they had a 3345 on the lot. I took gobs of photos. It became our favorite layout rather quickly.

As far as I know, that particular coach is still for sale at Campingworld in Ashland Va.
I'm so embarrassed. [emoji15] Of course, Osuallen was congratulating Ann n gene. I'm even further embarrassed that I can't figure out how to delete that post, at least not while using the cell phone app! [emoji15]

Tags
newmar