Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #1

Hello to Newmar forum members. I previously owned a Winnebago Chieftian and now own a 2004 3740 on a W22 chassis. I've learned alot of information already from reading this forum, but there are a few questions I still have. The owner's manuals (if I have them all) are very vague on the coach. The chassis manual is fine. At the top of the dashboard in front of the driver there is a rectangular panel. What is that panel for. It looks like an air bag. I don't believe this unit has an air bag.Also I don't know how to make the trumpet horns to work.I have turned on the dash switch but only the regular horn sounds.I want to change the water filter cartirage but don't know what or where to buy a replacement.Any help from the pros would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I will have more questions as time goes by. thank-you in advance for your replys. Bob

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #2

Hello to Newmar forum members. I previously owned a Winnebago Chieftian and now own a 2004 3740 on a W22 chassis. I've learned alot of information already from reading this forum, but there are a few questions I still have. The owner's manuals (if I have them all) are very vague on the coach. The chassis manual is fine. At the top of the dashboard in front of the driver there is a rectangular panel. What is that panel for. It looks like an air bag. I don't believe this unit has an air bag.Also I don't know how to make the trumpet horns to work.I have turned on the dash switch but only the regular horn sounds.I want to change the water filter cartirage but don't know what or where to buy a replacement.Any help from the pros would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I will have more questions as time goes by. thank-you in advance for your replys. Bob

Old 04-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome nowrelxn to irv2 and the Newmar forum.
The panel if you take a small screwdriver and lift a corner, the panel will release from a velgro tab all four corners, you will find a fuse panel 12v for dash and accessary's on your coach. There is a sticker on panel to indicate what fuse and each relay is for. You may have a blown fuse for horn and it would be located here. I use a water filter from a hardware store or HD or Lowes. Its just like one for your house. I use a black paper one don't use charcoal one to restrictive.
When you tested horn you tried it with switch on and off the sound from inside is hard to hear almost sounds the same. I have same coach wouldn't part with it neither will wife.
Any more ? bring them on. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:51 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bob I should have asked if your LP gas detector is flashing if not you may fine your 1 amp fuse for it under your hood opening right hand side coiled up wires and marked LP detector on wire with fuse holder the knife type fuse.
Also owning a Newmar you can become a member of the Newmar forum just say yes and I will input for you.
In your signature profile block you can put your coach info and it will follow you around where ever you post. "007"
Old 04-16-2006, 08:46 PM   #5

007 Yes,Please do the input for me as I plan to be a Newmar fan for a long time. Thanks for your fast reply to my questions.Any other tips you can give me from your experience with the 3740 would be great. I have learned so much from your posts already. Thanks again, Bob
Old 04-16-2006, 09:11 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have added a surge protector today and adding the Henderson touqe bar some time after get new reinforceing bar. I have had my problems with this coach but everything is aok now. You can go thru my posts at bottom left hand side and fine info as to problems start pg 50 and work back. Another way to find answers is go to "find" up top and type in what your looking for with or without check mark to find some answers. HAVE FUN there is alot on your chassis in Workhorse forum and here. "007"