Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #1

New to this special ordering -- What else should I be considering?

Ok, I'll be ordering a Ventana 4037. These are the items I have so far (not sure some of these are even possible).
  1. Combo 110/USB outlets in all living room/kitchen/bedroom outlets (not needed in bathrooms).
  2. GFCI Outlet in wet bay for backup electric heat in case I lose Oasis in the cold
  3. Slide topper for kitchen (some Ventana's seem to have this and some don’t, so it might be standard on 4037)
  4. Single bowl kitchen sink (like Dutch Star maybe?)
  5. Solid color captains chairs (no light accent color in back or seat – avoid jean discoloration)
  6. Prewire for Sat
  7. Prewire for cell booster (or install one if they offer one -- I currently have a Surecall RV model and would only need antenna wire run, probably to ladder which is a good mounting point, and could hook it up)
  8. LED lights in pantry that come on automatically when door is opened.
  9. AGM batteries
  10. Street side/off door side light mounted on outside of full wall slide to light up that side of coach.
  11. Docking lights to light up back of coach/tow vehicle to aid hooking up in dark
  12. Toilet sprayer at each toilet (I haven't see this mentioned, so I assume they don't come with them).

Anything else I should be thinking about? Other than hoping to lose the light accent on the captain's chairs, we are pretty happy with the lagoon color scheme, so we aren't looking for making cosmetic changes. Instead, I'm wondering about any other functional changes (like the LED lights in the pantry) that I should be considering.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2018, 04:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Ok, I'll be ordering a Ventana 4037. These are the items I have so far (not sure some of these are even possible).
  1. Combo 110/USB outlets in all living room/kitchen/bedroom outlets (not needed in bathrooms).
  2. GFCI Outlet in wet bay for backup electric heat in case I lose Oasis in the cold
  3. Slide topper for kitchen (some Ventana's seem to have this and some don’t, so it might be standard on 4037)
  4. Single bowl kitchen sink (like Dutch Star maybe?)
  5. Solid color captains chairs (no light accent color in back or seat – avoid jean discoloration)
  6. Prewire for Sat
  7. Prewire for cell booster (or install one if they offer one -- I currently have a Surecall RV model and would only need antenna wire run, probably to ladder which is a good mounting point, and could hook it up)
  8. LED lights in pantry that come on automatically when door is opened.
  9. AGM batteries
  10. Street side/off door side light mounted on outside of full wall slide to light up that side of coach.
  11. Docking lights to light up back of coach/tow vehicle to aid hooking up in dark
  12. Toilet sprayer at each toilet (I haven't see this mentioned, so I assume they don't come with them).

Anything else I should be thinking about? Other than hoping to lose the light accent on the captain's chairs, we are pretty happy with the lagoon color scheme, so we aren't looking for making cosmetic changes. Instead, I'm wondering about any other functional changes (like the LED lights in the pantry) that I should be considering.
Electric floor heat if offered otherwise it sounds like your ordering a Dutch Star. We had a Ventana 4037 and it was nice but I should have spent the difference and ordered the DS4369 to begin with. Just saying!
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgebobk View Post
Electric floor heat if offered otherwise it sounds like your ordering a Dutch Star. We had a Ventana 4037 and it was nice but I should have spent the difference and ordered the DS4369 to begin with. Just saying!
I'm already reaching to go from the LE to the Ventana. Dutch Star isn't in the cards right now.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #4

Let us know if the GFCI in the wet bay gets approved.

If you have not done so do a search for the word “specials” and see what others have put on there list.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #5

Quote:
I'm already reaching to go from the LE to the Ventana. Dutch Star isn't in the cards right now.
We're selling our 16 4369 DSDP in Sept next year.[emoji3]

Bob, Pat and Daisylee the JackABee
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Let us know if the GFCI in the wet bay gets approved.

If you have not done so do a search for the word “specials” and see what others have put on there list.
Not too surprising, it was denied. Figured it was worth asking.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:12 AM   #7

I wonder why the plug was denied? They normally do not give a reason.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:36 AM   #8

FLOOR HEAT! We bought our coach off the lot and it came with floor heat. I thought it was a waste of 6k, but it turned out to be one of the best options I can think of.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:25 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You shouldn't need a toilet sprayer at any macerater toilet. (I'm not sure which toilet type comes standard on the Ventana)
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Mac View Post
You shouldn't need a toilet sprayer at any macerater toilet. (I'm not sure which toilet type comes standard on the Ventana)
Depends on the floorplan. In the 4369 it has two macerators, and on the 4037, the back is macerator and the mid bath is normal.

Guess I assumed people got the sprayers to just clean up a bit since you don't get the high flow of water like you do at home.

That said, I've never used/seen a macerator in action only a regular RV toilet.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:19 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Look at the floor tile options. I really like the tiles that look like wood planks. Gives a warmer cozier look and feel inside.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:14 AM   #12

Have your outlet placed next to your 50 amp plug. You could then plug in there if you have a heated water hose.
dcrna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:04 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Depends on the floorplan. In the 4369 it has two macerators, and on the 4037, the back is macerator and the mid bath is normal.

Guess I assumed people got the sprayers to just clean up a bit since you don't get the high flow of water like you do at home.

That said, I've never used/seen a macerator in action only a regular RV toilet.

You can probably upgrade the mid-bath to macerated. However, probably more maintenance long term.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #14

There's a couple post on floor heat. Can floor heater be added to a Ventana?
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote