Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2015, 08:40 AM   #1

New to us: 1999 Newmar DPDS3862

Lots of members were instrumental in our newbie confidence to purchase our first MH. 1999 was a few years older then we had intended purchasing but this Dutch Star had obviously been taken care of. And with only 55K miles on the 300 HP Cummins she still has miles too go. All the manuals, records, etc are on board. But I know I am going to have questions the manuals can't answer or I don't understand and I know this is the place to get the answers!
We are very excited to join the RV family and look forward to our first, mini, trip to get a feel of things.
RV2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well welcome to the Newmar forum and congratulation on your find and welcome to the Newmar family.
You say you have everything but here is a Brochure and Owners Guide that may answer some questions and below in my signature are links to many more for your new coach.
Good luck with it many safe miles in your future and enjoy your new adventure.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on your purchase! We just bought a 2000 Dutch Star in January with only 65,000 miles and very well taken care of. We are anxious for our first trip this summer. Welcome!
COdutchstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:58 AM   #4

Congratulations!
Coulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #5

Congratulations and welcome!
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Newmar family.
Ask away and we will try to answer any questions. As you can see below we are partial to a 1999 DP with a Spartan/Cummins combo.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:59 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations and welcome. You picked a great coach and I'm sure you'll be as happy with it as we've been with ours!
Old 03-25-2015, 07:08 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome - wishing you may miles of happy cruising and Glamping !

Last October we bought a 2002 Ditch Star with 12k on the odometer - looking forward to lots of fun days and nights with the family.

g
Old 03-25-2015, 02:51 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here with us. Congratulations on your new Dutch Star. I wish you a lot of luck with it. Welcome to the Newmar family.

Best of luck, and happy trails!
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations. I was following your thread about the Windsor and then the Dynasty but it sounds like you were able to find the right one for you.

Wish you many happy and safe miles.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #11

Welcome to the forum! I purchased a '99 DS with the cummins 300 and a Spartan chassis in December of 2013 . I'm fairly new to the DP scene but have learned a few things about this specific model (with help from this forum, of course). If I can help in any way, just let me know.

Roger
Roscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Hi RV2015,
Welcome to the Newmar Owners forum. Congrats on your coach. There are many happy memories waiting to be made.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #13

Hot water heater question

What a wonderful support group...Alzheimer happened in my family, so I kind of dropped out for a while, so traveling alone with much to learn now...
I have the 2000 Dutch Star with a question about my hot water heater. When traveling to camp grounds on arrival my hot water is very hot....should I be turning something off that I do not know about? Anode rod in, de-winterizered, lines flushed of antifreeze stuff, bypass under sink on to fill the hot water tank after lines flushed. But water in tap hot and not plugged in yet? Should the switch outside by the anode rod be off/on when traveling?
Thanks for any help. Linda, NC
rascalsgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalsgirls View Post
What a wonderful support group...Alzheimer happened in my family, so I kind of dropped out for a while, so traveling alone with much to learn now...
I have the 2000 Dutch Star with a question about my hot water heater. When traveling to camp grounds on arrival my hot water is very hot....should I be turning something off that I do not know about? Anode rod in, de-winterizered, lines flushed of antifreeze stuff, bypass under sink on to fill the hot water tank after lines flushed. But water in tap hot and not plugged in yet? Should the switch outside by the anode rod be off/on when traveling?
Thanks for any help. Linda, NC
The hot water is coming from the engine. There's a feed off of the engine that goes to your water heater and heats water while you're driving.
If you open the engine compartment in the bedroom you can see the lines. Ours is red hose. It goes through the bulkhead in the engine compartment, through the basement and to the water heater. A nice feature that provides hot water for while you are driving without having to use propane. We've found we don't need to turn the water heater on for overnight stops either.
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar