Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2018, 11:24 PM   #29
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I got my email a couple of days ago.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2018, 09:25 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
New Newmar owner. We had just about gotten our logon approval when the site went down. Waited patiently, and then not so patiently, for it to come back online. Contacted Newmar and got the same non-answer that's on the "under construction" notice. Never got the email mentioned here with the estimated back online date. Will believe it when I see it but at least there's an estimated date.

The dealer service people have been inconvenienced as well since they regularly use Newgle.

Like someone else said, leave up the old info until the bugs are worked out. Definitely need a new IT protocol.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the information you received on this.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #31
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Got my Newgle e-mail this morning, so they are apparently working their way through the list. That's a positive sign. Hope the wait was worth it.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:59 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I hope poor Tim isn’t sending them one email at a time [emoji848]
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Just noticed that I got my email yesterday [emoji1303]
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lce3 View Post
New Newmar owner. We had just about gotten our logon approval when the site went down. Waited patiently, and then not so patiently, for it to come back online. Contacted Newmar and got the same non-answer that's on the "under construction" notice. Never got the email mentioned here with the estimated back online date. Will believe it when I see it but at least there's an estimated date.

The dealer service people have been inconvenienced as well since they regularly use Newgle.

Like someone else said, leave up the old info until the bugs are worked out. Definitely need a new IT protocol.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the information you received on this.
I was lucky enough to have just mirrored the site (for my coach) to my local hard drive. So I have all the files on my system. You never know when they would change things and I wanted to have it local in case I was on the road and I didn't have good Internet coverage.

G
Old 10-07-2018, 10:32 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeaz View Post
I was lucky enough to have just mirrored the site (for my coach) to my local hard drive. So I have all the files on my system. You never know when they would change things and I wanted to have it local in case I was on the road and I didn't have good Internet coverage.

G
Smart. Be interesting to see what has changed if they ever get it back on line. Tim sent me an email (the one previously posted) at 1:30 CDT this morning. So at least we know he is working the problem 24x7.

Newgle web site still says "down for a few days" as we enter month 2 of no Newgle. These guys are tone deaf. What are they thinking?
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Smart. Be interesting to see what has changed if they ever get it back on line. Tim sent me an email (the one previously posted) at 1:30 CDT this morning. So at least we know he is working the problem 24x7.

Newgle web site still says "down for a few days" as we enter month 2 of no Newgle. These guys are tone deaf. What are they thinking?
Just got the email today ,should be up and running Oct. 10th
Old 10-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

Definitely smart to have mirrored the info. Who knew it would go away?? First Newmar delivered August 13th. After hearing so many good things about Newgle, I never expected it to be "under construction" forever after.

Still waiting for my update email from Tim. (Even checked spam/junk folder.)
Old 10-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I just got the email yesterday. I agree with the parallel system approach. When we made major system changes for the large company I retired from, you can bet we ran parallel systems for at least 30 days. The IT VP screamed like a mashed monkey, but the CEO was easy to convince when you showed him the trial failures and errors. And explained the risks.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:37 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I got my email from Newgle a couple of days ago. They must not have sent them all out at the same time.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:43 AM   #40

got my email over the weekend....saturday, IIRC...
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:49 AM   #41

Quote:

amish/mennonites......

they don't rely on this stuff like others do.....

they can't relate....

with IMHO, YMMV, JM.02C, and all the other usual softeners and disclosures, of course....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:07 AM   #42
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Received a second Newgle e-mail; same text as the first. I think it is probably because we were registered for our previous coach as well as the new one. The trick will be determining which is which as I won't need Newgle access for a coach I no longer have.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote