Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #71
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lce3 View Post
Understood. But part of my original point was that they shouldn't be inviting people to sign up for new accounts until they get the original users up and running. - By having that "invitation" they are inviting more problems and another backlog.

We're still Newmar newbies and disappointed. After the hype about Newgle, it gets old having to pull out the boatload of paper manuals while we are trying to learn our coach.
Agreed!

I'm pretty sure Newmar has outsourced this project and isn't doing a very good job of monitoring it. The sign-up invitation and mechanism should never have gone live until the existing users had their access restored. That makes me think a bunch of inexperienced people have been hired to do this job and they are in way over their heads. Hopefully, Newmar will find a way to pull this off without further damaging its reputation.

As for "the boatload of paper manuals," most manuals are available in PDF format via the internet. I have accumulated most of them via web searches and keep them on both the "Cloud" and and a thumb drive in the coach.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #72

Folks this stuff is just too much.

Think about it. They are password protecting the documentation owners need to operate their coach. We are waiting for access to a poor documentation system (Newgle) and they then add the insult of password protecting the owner's manual and not sending us the password. Just plain stupid.

How many products do you buy that have password protected owner's manuals on the internet? Very few. I typically will not buy an expensive, complicated product unless I can review the owner's documentation in advance of purchase.

I made an exception when I bought the Newmar. Big mistake.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:56 AM   #73

Wow, so much complaining. They still build awesome motorhomes and I don't think Newgle is an obligation but more of a bonus, it is what it is and sometimes these things take time.
lash540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:36 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash540 View Post
Wow, so much complaining. They still build awesome motorhomes and I don't think Newgle is an obligation but more of a bonus, it is what it is and sometimes these things take time.
The complaining and irritation results from spending nearly $300,000 for a vehicle and having some knucklehead Newmar lifer not keeping owners in the loop. Horseshit documentation and promises not kept.
Turbo owns a New Aire..I own a New Aire..I’ve spent 160 nites in the coach and traveled 6,000 miles. Great concept..beautiful machine...but they need to study customer relations from Lexus or Infinity. Newmar makes promises and fails to execute. Read the owners manual...a monkey could have written it. Has almost no meaningful information on the New Aire. That pisses us off.
Charlievette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:45 AM   #75

Wow guys not pissed just the bottom line

Wow I’m not angered but do need some insight has anyone got on? I don’t want to bother Tim but do need info . What’s the bottom line? Are we up? Didn’t get the re register letter ? And what is the RIGHT way to get back on ..

Hanging tight 🤟
captfatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:07 AM   #76

Don't want to "bother" Tim?!
Mark71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
Don't want to "bother" Tim?!
The old timers on this forum say Newmar regularly monitors the comments here. If true the implications are really disturbing.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #78

It'd be malpractice for them NOT to monitor. Perfect real-time consumer feedback on problems, hot buttons, suggestions, etc.
Mark71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
It'd be malpractice for them NOT to monitor. Perfect real-time consumer feedback on problems, hot buttons, suggestions, etc.
Let’s hope your right. It’s laughable that their promise of October 10-12 has been missed with no intelligent follow up. All they have to say is we will provide an update once a week until we are ready.
Charlievette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:51 PM   #80

So........ what your sayin it’s still down
Old 10-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #81

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by captfatboy View Post
So........ what your sayin it’s still down
From the looks of the logon site, https://www.newmarcorp.com/owner-tools/newgle/, it is back up but they still haven't provided logon info to existing owners.

Looking for a service dealership looked as if the whole site is redesigned but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:46 PM   #82

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
not up yet. When you click on login, you get another error page.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:18 PM   #83

My educated guess.

Newgle crashed over the holiday weekend and they weren't able to get it back, probably not a good backup.

They scrambled to try and shoe horn it into a Salesforce.com cloud solution, which often sounds better in theory than practice.

I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think the old Newgle was on the Salesforce.com platform.

I highly doubt they were simply trying to upgrade as multiple people have stated, as doing so over the Labor Day weekend when their phones were unmanned and many, if not most, of their customers would be out on trips and potentially in need of the system would make no sense.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:58 AM   #84

I never received a email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
I know folks are impatient. And, I know that Newmar hasn't met the deadlines Tim Bergman gave in his letter ("October 10-12"). That said, we need to understand that, for whatever reason, managing a huge database and set of accounts to access it can be a daunting task. If you have never done it, you can't truly understand the complexity and difficulty involved.

Now, I'm not defending Newmar because I think they have made a mess of this, but I am suggesting that we simply need to wait...I know it's a four-letter word...until we get the e-mail Mr. Bergman mentioned in his letter.

"We will be sending updated account information to everyone October 10 - 12. Your email will contain a new username and password, along with instructions for accessing the site."

Trying to short-circuit the process by re-registering just complicates the process and will likely add to the delay. It won't get you to the head of the line. Once Newgle has returned, then...if it makes you feel better...send an e-mail blast to Newmar or Mr. Bergman expressing your displeasure.

TJ
Never received a email jim
And I did register
captfatboy@sbcglobal.net