Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
From the Newmarowners forum;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Chassis update

Well, it's that time of year again! Newmar is winding down on the
2008 model year. They are just about sold out of the 2008 chassis.
In a month or so, dealers will be able to order 2009 stock units for
delivery in late May and June.

For those interested in saving money, these are the number of chassis
slotted for the remaining production of the 2008 diesels as of this
morning. I also look for Newmar to cut some floorplans for 2009,
keeping only the best selling models. They are still formulating the
2009 line up and we won't know for another 5 weeks.

33' Ventana 3
39' Ventana 10

36' Kountry Star w/360 HP 2
39' Kountry Star w/400 HP 18

40' Dutch Star 5
43' Dutch Star 12

45' Mountain Aire 11

45' Essex 5

45' King Aire 5

Lee Litchfield
www.leesrv.com

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
From the Newmarowners forum;

Quote:
Chassis update

Well, it's that time of year again! Newmar is winding down on the
2008 model year. They are just about sold out of the 2008 chassis.
In a month or so, dealers will be able to order 2009 stock units for
delivery in late May and June.

For those interested in saving money, these are the number of chassis
slotted for the remaining production of the 2008 diesels as of this
morning. I also look for Newmar to cut some floorplans for 2009,
keeping only the best selling models. They are still formulating the
2009 line up and we won't know for another 5 weeks.

33' Ventana 3
39' Ventana 10

36' Kountry Star w/360 HP 2
39' Kountry Star w/400 HP 18

40' Dutch Star 5
43' Dutch Star 12

45' Mountain Aire 11

45' Essex 5

45' King Aire 5

Lee Litchfield
www.leesrv.com

Old 02-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #3

Hopefully 1 of those 12 Dutch Stars will be ours soon. Just waiting on final pricing and approval for a few more specials. We are shopping Lee's RV and Independence RV once we have everything in hand and making a decision. Now that our house is sold we are free to move forward with our Full Timing plans. Very blessed we got it sold in this market and so close to our asking price.

2008 Saturn Vue
Aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #4

I noticed you mentioned you were going to shop Lee's and Independence for your new MH. I can't speak for Lee's, however I can without reservation recommend Independence RV, for both sales and service. We bought ours new and have had all service done by them both under warranty and after. They have been exceptional in all ways. For the sale we dealt with David Scott, and he spent HOURS with us driving a number of models before we chose. The service department has been excellent as well.

For what it's worth, I have referred a number of others to them and all have been very pleased. We have a few years to go before I retire and we make our next big purchase, but I can assure you it will be from them.

Take care.

2004 Newmar Kountry Star 3560
RobAndTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #5

Is there an allocation limit per dealer when the number of chassis left is low? The reason I'm asking is I was told just last week there were only 2 2008 King-Aire chassis left.

Sue
Old 02-13-2008, 01:04 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I believe the chassis are on a first come first served basis, and when the factory gets the dealer order, that dealer gets the chassis.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:12 AM   #7

Aridon,

Rob makes some good points for Independence. I would like to speak for Lee's RV City, and as Rob said about Independence, I can recommend Lee's RV. We bought our DSDP 4304 new last May and have also had service work done under warranty. They too have been exceptional. All their people were great to deal with. Lee is a frequent contributor to the forums and provides valuable information.

I previously purchased an 04 Dutch Star from another dealer and had a terrible experience so dealing with Lee's was a "breathe of fresh air". I wouldn't purchase from anyone else.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll be satisfied with your new coach.

Jack
Old 02-13-2008, 05:36 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Lee Litchfield runs a first class operation, so does Marty Lown at Coachlight.... As most know, I purchased my coach from North Trail in Fort Myers and have nice things to say about their sales and service department, although their consignment communication is not what I would expect....
Having said that, they're one of the largest Newmar dealers and deserve a shot as well.
Diesel Dan would be my first choice, but until he's back in service I would call John Jajuga...

Not to take anything away from Independence or Sagon, I've just not had dealings with them....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:40 AM   #9

I ran into the model switch-over in 2005. The end of February we visited Newmar and talked to a sales rep about several non-standard options on a 40' 2005 Dutch Star with the 370 hp ISL engine. He said they only had two of those chassis left and I would need to order within one day to get one. We still needed to get our order together and work out a deal with a dealer so we asked Newmar to hold a chassis for us. They put our name on one of the two remaining and said they would hold it a week. The next week we got our order in so we got one of the last 2005 40' Dutch Stars.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:01 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Diesel Dan would be my first choice, but until he's back in service </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! Dan has been back in the Game. We have been dealing with him on a new coach. Paul
Old 02-15-2008, 02:57 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
I had a sales man tell me yesterday (2/14) that there were now only 14 Kountry Star chassis available and I should order quickly to save 5 to 7 thousand dollars. Anyone have any comments on potential price increases on the Kountry Star since it is not changing?
Galena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:15 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Anyone have any comments on potential price increases on the Kountry Star since it is not changing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the Newmar rally in Tampa several weeks ago, John Sammut VP of sales, mentioned an approx 3% increase for the 2009 models.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:26 AM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetsmania:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Diesel Dan would be my first choice, but until he's back in service </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! Dan has been back in the Game. We have been dealing with him on a new coach. Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't let THIS go by.... tell us more about your King Aire Paul, inquiring minds and all that stuff ya know?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:50 AM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Couldn't let THIS go by.... tell us more about your King Aire Paul, inquiring minds and all that stuff ya know? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! We are putting the MADP up for sale. We have test drove both the Essex and the King Aire. At this point King Aire wins (Essex on Steroids, hope we don't have to testify in front of Congress ) We have another test drive scheduled with Dan on Tues. We will be ordering a 2009. We will be parting with our coach at the end of April to whoever wishes to purchase it. Of course due to our business we can't use our coach June,July, & August. We have a appt. with Ken W at Newmar 4/1 to discuss specials. We will be looking to all our forum buddies for suggestions of specials in the near future. We will start a seperate topic for it. BOB, are you sorry you asked after such a long answer??? Paul