Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #43
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCruiser View Post
Re: If any coach was on the slaughter list it would be MADP followed by Essex.
Problem with that is that we want to max length at 40 ft.
And, this is the reason I believe the Mountain Aire is here to stay. Not only "stay," but likely to expand with shorter-length "luxury" models. The MADP is the only "luxury coach" in the Newmar line that is available in less than a 45' length

I concur that Newmar probably has too many overlapping coach models and needs to simplify their lineup a bit. At the same time, there appears to be a growing interest in shorter coaches with high-end appointments.

I wasn't joking in my earlier post when I said I thought the New Aire could be folded into the Mountain Aire line to give Newmar a luxury coach line for that segment of the market that wants a high-end coach, but in the shorter lengths. And, the New Aire is already a luxury coach in all but Newmar's lineup branding. Adding a 37' model and rolling out both the 33' and 37' coaches as MADPs would reduce the number of different models while preserving a long-time Newmar signature line.

Frankly, while the London Aire is a very nice coach, we didn't see a lot of difference (except additional HP) between it and the Mountain Aire. If the LADP had been offered in a 40' model, we might have gone there but our experience with the 40' MADP indicates that we really don't need any more HP.

YMMV

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCruiser View Post
Re: If any coach was on the slaughter list it would be MADP followed by Essex.

I found this to be a most interesting comment because I was starting to wonder about this myself.
On this same thought, I always wondered why they actually did the New Aire. Not the coach itself, kudos for that, but rather why create a new model. This could have easily been a new floorplan/size of a MA or LA.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
On this same thought, I always wondered why they actually did the New Aire. Not the coach itself, kudos for that, but rather why create a new model. This could have easily been a new floorplan/size of a MA or LA.

I think they used to have a New Aire and they just brought it back as a modern version. It would be nice to have some archive or history area of Newmar to see their past models.

The MADP has been around a very very long time. I don’t see it going away. The DSDP is the most popular due to price point and features but personally I much prefer the MADP style and up. I think the MADP 40xx is a hit just as the New Aire is.

Nothing wrong with choices and options. Not sure why so much concern with number of models, floor plans etc. It benefits us, the buyers.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
I could be wrong but my impression was that the level of finish on the NA was a step above the MA and the LA. More on a par with Essex. Is this incorrect?
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:03 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I could be wrong but my impression was that the level of finish on the NA was a step above the MA and the LA. More on a par with Essex. Is this incorrect?
I tend to agree that it is, but didn't want to sound presumptuous. It is definitely a baby Aire in my book. It's still not listed under the "luxury" coaches though, but it did pop above the Dutch Star in the web hierarchy this year. Last year it was placed below the DS, in-between it and the Ventana in the "diesel" coaches.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I think they used to have a New Aire and they just brought it back as a modern version. It would be nice to have some archive or history area of Newmar to see their past models.

The MADP has been around a very very long time. I don’t see it going away. The DSDP is the most popular due to price point and features but personally I much prefer the MADP style and up. I think the MADP 40xx is a hit just as the New Aire is.

Nothing wrong with choices and options. Not sure why so much concern with number of models, floor plans etc. It benefits us, the buyers.
Yup, know the history and that history has also caused some confusion with tilting and insurance when it first came out. We had to send pictures to the commonwealth of PA to prove it didn't have a tag axle.

Not really a concern about number of models, just that it increases manufacturing costs and marketing costs.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post

https://www.newmarcorp.com/owner-too...hures-archive/
Look at the year 2000.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Yup and this is why we had to prove to the state it didn't have a tag axle

Old 01-07-2019, 12:16 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Now that would get my attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
36’ NewAire with a 400hp.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
What features/amenities does the NewAire have that the MA does not?
Bud1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:16 PM   #53
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud1129 View Post

What features/amenities does the NewAire have that the MA does not?
Mostly technology features like MyRozie, etc.

TJ
Old 01-07-2019, 04:13 PM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
36’ NewAire with a 400hp.

X2!! Hot rod
MoePo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:36 PM   #55
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_1345 View Post
X2!! Hot rod
If they rolled it into the Mountain Aire line and put it on the K3 chassis with 500 HP...now, that would be a "hot rod."

TJ
Old 01-07-2019, 05:37 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I still think it would have been more fitting to resurrect the Dutch Aire name instead of New Aire.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar