Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2014, 06:45 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneykrantz View Post
I bought my Newmar from Terry Labonte RV in Greensboro NC I am not sure what happened to them but they were Rick Hendrick affiliated and a first class dealer.I tried to buy a Newmar Diesel from Tom Johnson but they were too greedy
I think they will probably keep the Marion store and shut down the Concord store since there is already a Camping world close by
The Concord store is the reason for the purchase. CW sponsors the Truck Week races and due to the race track contract with TJ they can't even have a tech on the property to service any of the campers. That store sells a lot of MH to NASCAR fans and the driver teams. TJ has that market locked up. That is the way it was explained to me on Saturday by an employee that has been there for 12 years.

There is a new Black DS that got there this past week that is being sent to a custom shop for one of the race teams. I was standing next to the service advisor when he called the custom shop to tell them it had just arrived and was ready for pick up and it had to be ready by mid February.

My guess is that the CW corporate game plan may be changing or at least for these two stores. Think about it, if they just wanted a store there is plenty of land available within a 1/4 mile of the race track. On the south east side where TJ has their second shop and the NASCAR teams have their shops. But the only way to get the Newmar brands was to buy out TJ. That may explain their keeping the name. Image change.

I'd be surprised if the dealer agreements would try and stop a sell of the dealership. That could be one hell of a law suit. Yes they may need to be approved but unless there is fraud or criminal intent there, it is almost automatic if the floor plan is adequate and the operating capital meets the requirements.

Newmars not dumb either. The volume that TJ puts out a year is hard to replace. But Hendricks owns a car farm of four or five brands just a 1/4 mile up the road and there is a very large empty lot right next to the VW store. So that might be an out later if CW doesn't cut the mustard.

Time will tell.

I don't think I can write enough zeros behind a number to even guess the dollar amount this deal is worth.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2014, 06:57 AM   #16

If its a strategic buy, they can do that without changing their business model for their primary entity. Long term, they may also be planning to focus on selling more quality motorhomes and changing their service model as well. Business is nothing but creative destruction and recombinations as markets change or access is gained.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, newmar