Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
not to mention a challenge with any furniture that straddles the transition.
So true! Our dinette chairs and recliners have a tough time!
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2016, 06:57 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd956jd956 View Post
O... They stated it would be a three day job minimum...
It took them little more than a day when they did ours last June.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:32 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Very glad to see this thread! We're taking delivery of a 2016 Ventana with a FWS in a few weeks and I will have a level with me for the PDI.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #18
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Marknpeg, the 2016 Ventana do not have the HWH slide mechanism on the FWS. They have the old style. We have a 3725 and one of the big reasons we chose that model is the FWS was all cabinets in the slide so there is no "hump" to walk on. Very clean looking.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last VTDP 3725, currently adventuring at the RALLY
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd956jd956 View Post
Hi... I, too, have it and trust me, if yours has it, it will be obvious. Simply stand in front of the gasket that separates the FWS from the main floor (face away from FWS) then step backward onto the FWS and you should easily feel it if it is present. Ours if VERY apparent.

We had "the fix" scheduled for next month at Transwest in Frederick, Colorado, but after reading this post today (THANK YOU all for your posts!) I called and cancelled, sharing a link to this post, and will reschedule in about 6 months. I cannot imagine being out somewhere and having that arm break.

Again, THANK YOU to all and this forum

Evidently we don't have a problem. I stood in front of the slide yesterday, facing the bed. Took a step backward and didn't feel any thing different. I could barely feel the covering between the two parts.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Marknpeg, the 2016 Ventana do not have the HWH slide mechanism on the FWS. They have the old style. We have a 3725 and one of the big reasons we chose that model is the FWS was all cabinets in the slide so there is no "hump" to walk on. Very clean looking.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last VTDP 3725, currently adventuring at the RALLY
Good to know, thank you!
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:07 PM   #21

Any issues with the Bay Stars? I have a 32 ft with a FWS. Don't notice any transition issue.
Maddawg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:47 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
Any issues with the Bay Stars? I have a 32 ft with a FWS. Don't notice any transition issue.
It's only the Dutch Star and up that have the HWH full wall, flat tiled floor slide. None of the gas models.
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 09-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My husband and I planning our next upgrade and had really been thinking the DS was the right one. However, between the front axle problem on the 2016 and now this problem, we are pretty concerned. Is this problem something that is there right from the start or is it something that can break/change at anytime?
darcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:12 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcan View Post
My husband and I planning our next upgrade and had really been thinking the DS was the right one. However, between the front axle problem on the 2016 and now this problem, we are pretty concerned. Is this problem something that is there right from the start or is it something that can break/change at anytime?
It's either there, or not. It is not something that will develop over time
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 09-27-2016, 06:46 PM   #25

I have been discussing the sloped floor on the full wall slide out of my 2016 DS 4018 with Newmar since early December of 2015 when I was last at Nappanee. You can easily see that the floor is out of level just by eye. While I was there I saw owners of 2016 Mountain Aires and Essex who had the same problem. At the time, I had to leave without a fix because they had none. Anyone who has this problem should be aware of a major flaw in Newmar's proposed fix of lifting the outside of the slide out to level the floor. The problem is that all my cabinets (dinette, pantry and bedroom drawers and shirt closets) and my refrigerator face are all currently close to plumb. Also my dinette table is close to level. If they fix the outward down sloping floor by raising the outer edge of the slide out, they will make all the other items out of wack-either out of level or out of plumb. Furthermore, the inside wall of the slide out currently is not plumb and actually leans in quite a bit at the top. Raising the outside of edge of the slide out to level the floor will actually make the wall top lean in even more. The parts of the slide out were not constructed square to each other. I have pointed this out to Newmar in many many emails and phone calls and they tell me they can fix it when I go back to Nappanee for my upcoming end warranty repair visit in mid-October. So far they have not told me exactly how they hope to do this but it will have to involve removing the existing floor and rebuilding it. My point is that leveling the floor by simply raising the outer edge may just create more problems for you so be careful and check for these other problems.

Retiree Keith
RetireeKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:24 PM   #26
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Great point Keith. Making a component square, plumb and level by putting everything else out of square is odd at best. Really interested in how they fix your slideout. Sounds like a lot of adjustment. Of course as all engineers know if you have a big enough hammer, you can fix anything.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last VTDP 3725. All square, plumb and level (or my senses are so out of wack I don't know better).
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:45 AM   #27

Does the Ventana have the same FWS sloped floor problem as the DS?
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:42 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireeKeith View Post
My point is that leveling the floor by simply raising the outer edge may just create more problems for you so be careful and check for these other problems.[/B]

Retiree Keith
I had that same issue with another mfg. Everything was built plumb inside but the top of the slide tilted in. If the slideout is not plumb to the sidewall, when you get rain under the slide cover, guess where it tries to go.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar