Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2018, 11:14 PM   #1

Newmar compare to Entegra

Need information on who has own both we love the way Entegra looks but also like the newmars so on build quality who is better or has the best customer service when something breaks and i need parts and can get it fixed fast ..
Traveling123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2018, 11:29 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
There are dozens of threads about this topic - both in the Newmar and Entegra forums. Use the search feature and you'll have hours of reading ahead of you:-)
Carefree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:53 AM   #3

I have never owned a Entegra, so feel free to ignore the rest of this post.

When we were doing our research last year it "seemed" that Newmar was pretty good about standing behind their product.

We read some conflicting information between the two brands, and of course a couple of the sales people had their favorites and provided plenty of conflicting info also. Some may have been accurate but most of it was BS.

When it came right down to it, and all of your research showed everything to be 100% equal, I'm willing to bet that after a test drive in each coach you would purchase the Newmar.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:10 AM   #4

From what I've read, Entegra comes with a two year warranty but Newmar only offers one. That being said, Newmar was very good about working with our local, independent rv repair shop on warranty items during the first year. We had purchased out of state.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:23 AM   #5

I know several people that love their Entegra. Nothing is perfect, but over all very satisfied. A couple of them did mention a concern over the new ownership of the company and would really have to investigate before another purchase.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Both are good. If you want to buy a unit and not customize it then the Entegra might be a better unit for you. Ask Entegra to delete the dishwasher for instance and they won't.
If you find that you want extra wires run, some floor plan changes, upgraded equipment, fabrics, etc then Newmar will be your choice.
I've ordered two DSDP's, both with custom cabinet changes.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:24 PM   #7

We had an Entegra for four years and loved it. It had its share of issues, (minor) as do all manufacturers. I decided to sell it and get a Dutchstar, because I like some of the features of a Newmar, like Comfort steer, passive steer tag, AC ducting, Oasis over Aqua Hot, tile work, heated floor, etc. I liked Entegra s customer service, but as others have said you can’t customize a new coach. I work for a local RV dealer, and have seen hundreds of Newmar’s and am impressed with their quality. I think that Entegra s quality is about as good as Newmar, maybe a little less, but certainly better than Thor, And Tiffin. Hope this helps.

Mark
Old 04-28-2018, 09:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNawman View Post
We had an Entegra for four years and loved it. It had its share of issues, (minor) as do all manufacturers. I decided to sell it and get a Dutchstar, because I like some of the features of a Newmar, like Comfort steer, passive steer tag, AC ducting, Oasis over Aqua Hot, tile work, heated floor, etc. I liked Entegra s customer service, but as others have said you can’t customize a new coach. I work for a local RV dealer, and have seen hundreds of Newmar’s and am impressed with their quality. I think that Entegra s quality is about as good as Newmar, maybe a little less, but certainly better than Thor, And Tiffin. Hope this helps.

Mark
Yes that does help !! When i spend the money i want to get my money worth plus i don't want something that is going to give us alot of problem and i can't get parts or help to fix it .
Old 04-28-2018, 09:37 PM   #9

I have owned 4 Entegras and loved all of them. Entegra offers almost everything standard. Whether you want it or not and will not customize, usually resulting in a lower price IF you order the same options on a Newmar. Newmar is the only choice if you want to do anything different. Both great coaches with very good company support and warranty. Entegras two year warranty is really nice. As for features some are better on Entegra and some on Newmar. Floor plans are different and dealers are very different. It’s all trade offs and both are great choices for different situations. When we downsize the New Aire is the only choice in a short, luxury diesel pusher and will be our choice when that time comes. All JMHO
Old 04-28-2018, 09:41 PM   #10

Yes that's our decisions now whitch one do we choose we are leaning alot towards Entegra Cornerstone right now maybe next one get a Newmar
Old 04-30-2018, 09:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNawman View Post

Mark
Just curious, which model Entegra did you have? We have a '14 Anthem and are shopping again. Have looked at Dutch Star, but don't like the flat dash with less road view. The Mountain Air has a better view, but is definitely out of our budget. Unless the the '19 model DS has changed, will probably stay with Entegra.
Thanks, GrAndy
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:27 AM   #12

GrAndy, We had a 2014 Aspire mod 42DEQ. As I said, it was a great coach! We loved the colors, and the floor plan. The two year warranty was a major selling point. The month before our warranty expired we took it to Entegra in Middlbury where they fixed everything that wasn’t working. We had a list of 30 items, all minor. We would have kept the coach, except I got a job at a local RV dealer that sells Newmar and Tiffin. After seeing so many Newmar’s, I really liked some of the features that weren’t available in the Entegra. I toured both plants. The main decision to buy a Dutchstar was that I was getting a great deal as an employee. There were other factors that I mentioned in my previous post. We really liked the Entegra, but I’m not sure what is happening with them since they were bought by Thor.

Mark

Tags
entegra, newmar