Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2014, 04:27 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
I'm with Gary. We went to the Tampa show (again), not intending to buy anything but after the DW sat in this coach, she wanted to see if maybe we COULD do a deal. My adage has always be to never buy a coach at a show....better to wait and sit down with a dealer at this place of business. So we told our sales guy what we thought was fair, they came back waaaay too high and I told them we couldn't do that and didn't want to waste their time any more. That led to another offer, and another and we walked out of there with a new one! Came back a week later to pick it up and were treated like royalty! North Trail is probably the most customer-friendly dealer I have ever worked with and would do it all over again.

So, yes, check out this show and I'll bet you'll find something you'll like. NT really does have a tremendous inventory and with their new location, this should only become larger.
This is why we are heading to the next Tampa RV show.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2014, 04:42 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
North Trail asked for a $20,000 non-refundable deposit on an order.....you want to do that?

They also Rip you for $599 on delivery fee.

Independence in Orlando was very higher 10% deposit & delivery fee $600, but they have the non-refundable deposit on an agreement sheet pre-printed and hand it to you to sign, sorry no way
by the way they are not a large dealer service shop wise, very basic old school type of facility.

Both knew the product well.

Tampa RV or RVOne had the highest price of all but small deposit and $75 delivery for papers. Surprised me thought they were aggressive.

I found better discounts at several other dealers by emailing a list of options.

Now if I had trade that may have been more difficult. Several that wanted my trade said they can do by pictures and take your word that the trade is what you say it is. The problem using a trade is the new one is often not fully discounted so they can show you're getting more than U really are.

I took the trade out of the deal completely, some buyers can't do that, but if you're trading don't sign it over until the new one is delivered.

As of now I have two dealers with deals at 28% off msrp, refundable $5,000 deposit. One sent me a conformation in writing last nite.

My target was 28-30%......28 is close enough. Others were 20-26%.

That 8% difference on $300,000+ is a lot money...

As for service a post above mentioned, remember the dealer is being paid under warranty by Newmar they aren't doing it for free.
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:04 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
We went with Tom Johnson in Marion, N.C. For our 2014 Ventana. They treated us like family! Highly recommend.
Gsgarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Spoke to them yesterday, found much better pricing......
Old 09-05-2014, 07:05 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Don't forget to include in your search Midway RV in Grand Rapids, MI. They have an excellent service department, decent PDI and have found them to be very competitive on pricing.
Newmar coaches are selling very well and it will not be easy to order a coach at this point in time for Jan delivery.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Hi, What does the banks sys for the 350 consist of and where did you have it installed...I am interested...thanks Ernie of VA BCH
fastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #21

Hey Andy,

Lynn found a 2014 DS4369 in Tacoma last time out there, that is the best floor plan we have every seen. Which configuration did you get, Bar? / No Bar?. Were you glad you waited for the 2015 over the 2014? Why did you not do consider Factory Delivery? Or did you? We would be really glad to know your thoughts on the 2015, that is our top pick for the late winter order?
Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Hey Jeff,
We have ordered the DSDP 4369 with the two recliners on the driver side and the Dormi sofa on the Passenger side and for dining layout we choose the combination desk with buffet table. We also got the factory delivery. Our dealer has excellent service but there is no way they can do as thorough job (and they are not getting paid for it) as the factory delivery team can. We are planing to leave on a trip after delivery and want to get rid of as many of the issues as I can before it. As far as the 2014 vs 2015 go, we loved the improvements and new features of the 2015 coaches and as importantly, we wanted to order ours with the decor and options we wanted, as opposed the typical dealer inventory.
A 2014 Dutch Star can be a good option especially if you can get a good price and you like the decor. Don't forget tough that you are buying a one year old coach depreciation wise.
you can see pictures of a coach very similar to ours on the Midway RV website.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
Old 09-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #23

Hey Andy,

We're making the shift from fifth wheel and truck to DP and we first saw the 4369 in Fife, Washington. Awesome setup! Are you guys doing a factory delivery? I looked that that rig that you were talking about at Midway, very nice. I guess for us it is simple, if we're going to spend that much we want just the way we want it so the only alternative is to order it. I like the idea of taking delivery at the factory, the amount they charge seems inconsequential compared to the sevice and maintenance benefit that you might get. Was Midway good to deal with? If you don't mind me asking, What kind of break did you guys realize of MSRP? Was there one salesperson or the other you preferred dealing with? We live in Montana so when we do this, we're traveling anyway!
Anyway, that should do it for now and thanks for your valuable perspectives

Jeff
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post

Independence in Orlando was very higher 10% deposit & delivery fee $600, but they have the non-refundable deposit on an agreement sheet pre-printed and hand it to you to sign, sorry no way
by the way they are not a large dealer service shop wise, very basic old school type of facility.

In fairness to Independence RV in Orlando, this is one of about a dozen Platinum rated Newmar service centers in the country and one of only three to have the Mahlon Miller Service Excellence Award bestowed upon them this year.

I have to say I would be more than comfortable taking my coach to Independence for service.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
I have to say I would be more than comfortable taking my coach to Independence for service.
I never addressed service, I was speaking to sales and their policies on deposits
Old 09-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
In fairness to Independence RV in Orlando, this is one of about a dozen Platinum rated Newmar service centers in the country and one of only three to have the Mahlon Miller Service Excellence Award bestowed upon them this year.

Is there a website that shows the locations of these service centers?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, go to Newmar's website and select "Resources" and then "Locate A Dealer" or "Find A Service Center" and you will find all the Newmar dealerships and service centers in the US and Canada. Also lists dealer inventory for many of the dealerships. Newmar's ratings for these service providers is listed as well.

Scott
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Jeff,
Midway RV is a family owned RV dealer. We have worked this time with Kyle, (this will be our second coach from them) but Chad or Dave the sales manager is very knowledgeable and good to deal with. We had a trade in, which complicated the pricing issue. we had a quote from North Trail RV for a little lower price on the new coach, but with the price given for and the transportation of the trade-in it would have cost us significantly more. I would say 27-28% off of list on a Dutch Star is obtainable. As you know Newmar coaches are highly customizable, way beyond the options listed on the price sheets. Decor items from all the lines are available, as well as extra wiring, customized layouts, appliance upgrades, etc. The prices of these upgrades are determined by Newmar and in a typical deal at Midway just passed on at cost. We went to the Nappanee, IN and spent a day with Michelle Howard ((574) 773-7791) at Newmar, reviewing and selecting our decor and some upgrades. She was fantastic to work with, as several people on this forum can testify.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2015 Dutch Star Price Sheets copy.pdf (320.9 KB, 49 views)