RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2018, 06:53 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
When I hear things like this about a top rated dealership, it makes me think it is worth the six hour drive to get a better price and excellent service.
Can't tell if you comment is positive or negative.
The post was intended to praise the dealers excellent service, nothing to do with price or driving six hours, although I would pay more and drive that far if I had to. Luckily the dealer is only 40 miles door-door.
Just want to be clear, not complaining, PRAISING

Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #30

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have heard that this dealer has good prices and excellent service. To me it would be worth the six hour drive to get the job done right the first time rather than buy local. Definitely positive.

AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #31

Freightliner Owners Club
I would highly recommend Independence RV in Winter Garden, Florida. They are family owned & operated and treat you like family. Unbelievable, super buying experience for us.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:21 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I wish Newmar would publish a list of these dealers. I know they are trying to protect the others, but maybe it would incentivise the others to up their game.

They do

https://www.newmarcorp.com/shopping-...find-a-dealer/
ssignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I’ve had good luck with Beckley’s Camping Center in Maryland. Bought our ‘15 Canyon Star there and have a custom ‘19 Ventana on order through them that I’ll take delivery on in about 2 weeks. When I get a chance to sit down and do it justice I’ll explain how they continue to earn my purchases and all of my repair work.
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:17 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssignor View Post
Where at that link does it show the list of Platinum dealers?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:55 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Where at that link does it show the list of Platinum dealers?

You need to select a zipcode then it will list it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 10.51.49 PM.png
Views:	44
Size:	626.6 KB
ID:	228011  
ssignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaller View Post
I would add Ansley RV to that great list as well!
Ansley is on the list for 2017 Service and Delivery award. Both of which I can personally vouch for.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #37

For those the purchased new Newmar's...do you remember getting a Sales / Service satisfaction survey either from Newmar directly or from a firm like JD Powers?
That's how the auto industry does it.
And the survey responses (at least for the vehicle quality) are serious internal discussions. the Dealer surveys - they are used for motivation, but with the dealer franchises being independently owned and operated (most all) it's up to that owner to care and to know how to motivate the employees to care too. And to invest in things like facility, tools, technology, training, parts etc. that enable good satisfaction. Not an easy thing to improve but with the right perspective, much easier.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandDescape View Post
I’ve had good luck with Beckley’s Camping Center in Maryland. Bought our ‘15 Canyon Star there and have a custom ‘19 Ventana on order through them that I’ll take delivery on in about 2 weeks. When I get a chance to sit down and do it justice I’ll explain how they continue to earn my purchases and all of my repair work.

I heard good things about Beckley’s and have a friend that bought a trailer that was a good experience. But I was disappointed when the Service Manager told me the other day they wouldn’t touch any warranty work unless you bought the unit from them. I moved into their area and was hoping but oh well.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:33 PM   #39

We live pretty darned closed to Beckleys and have yet to have a good experience with them. When we bought they were sky hi in price compared to everyone else and then got mad when we took our business elsewhere because *we* "didnt negotiate more". Later, when we tried to get service they told us to go away because we didn't buy from them. Later again, when we tried to get service for a different issue they had the problem diagnosed over the phone without actually taking the time to listen or actually looking at the coach. Needless to say we didnt schedule that appointment, turns out that was a good move cause it wasn't what they were guessing it was.

Ansley and Dylan's are the next closest, both got awards this year from Newmar for service.

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by We_B_Tripn View Post
I heard good things about Beckley’s and have a friend that bought a trailer that was a good experience. But I was disappointed when the Service Manager told me the other day they wouldn’t touch any warranty work unless you bought the unit from them. I moved into their area and was hoping but oh well.
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #40
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Forum member's list of good dealers for 2018.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I can only speak for my own experiences.

Regarding Beckley’s Service Department.
I live 30min away from and I bought my ’15 Canyon Star there and they did all of my warranty work and other repairs i didn’t do myself over the years we owned it. The things I appreciated that i don’t always see in the service industry:
  • They worked with me to find the best solution for my family. E.g., our CS had the tankless propane water heater - and we had a choice of scalding or cold water in the shower. The problem was the need for a certain flow rate before it would provide heat. They walked me through various options like just leave a small flow of hot water in the bathroom sink, changing out the shower fixture to try to find one with more flow, changing the water heater to a tank style (including pointing out the new outside cover would need to be painted), etc.
  • Every repair they did was done right the first time, i didn’t have to take anything back for a redo - that is worth a lot to me.

My ordering experience on the ’19 Ventana:
  • One of the specials we wanted was a furniture modification for dog crates. When we started the order process in July they had an upcoming October delivery of a 43’ Ventana chassis that we were hoping would be ours. Early indication from Newmar was that they could make the modifications but it wouldn’t be cheap (as expected). We put down our deposit, we filled out the order it got submitted to Newmar and we waited a bit; denied. Beckley’s helped us go back and forth trying to get from Newmar exactly what was wrong so we could change the request (twice) - meanwhile the commit date for the specifics of that October build came and went and Beckley’s had to place an order for a stock unit.
  • The next uncommitted 43’ chassis they had was going to be an April delivery, which would have been after our first 2019 camping plans. At no extra cost to us Beckley’s arranged to give up a stock Bay Star chassis to get that 43’ chassis in December and about that time we got an agreement on a reworked furniture special through Newmar. Bottom line is that they found a way to keep our delivery in 2018 without increasing our cost, and we never had to hassle them for that, we found out about it after the fact.
  • Along the way I had a ton of questions. I work in the aviation field and double checking and exploring all of the options are what I do every day. My salesman Shawn never made up an answer, if he didn’t know he asked someone else, or passed it along to Newmar and got them to answer. For example on a 4310 what is the weight limit on the bunk beds, is it the same for both? Same questions for the bunk sofa - Newmar doesn’t make that info easy for customers to find and the answers can be different model to model and year to year. The 4310 has two showers and gets a bigger Oasis unit, what is the flow rate on the water filter for that model? etc. I got answers to all of my questions, some I liked and some I didn't, but they were answered correctly.
Delivery process on the ’19 Ventana:
  • Expected ship date was 12/7, didn’t ship until the 11th.
  • We got the call on the morning of the 12th that it had arrived and we drove up to go see it. We arrived just before they pulled it into their PDI bay 90min after we got the call. It was exactly what we were hoping for; lots of smiles on our faces; we took pictures and left
  • First thing the morning of the 13th Shawn called to inform me that they had found 4 places where the water pipes had burst; they would need to repair those before they could test the system again to check for others. Not sure how it wasn’t winterized in Indiana and instead had water in it when shipped. Bottom line Beckley’s wasn’t taking a shortcut on the PDI, they were trying to un-winterize, pressure test and re-winterize, since that failed it is sitting inside until they can complete all the repairs and get all of the water out and properly winterize it.
Certainly there are improvements they could make that I'd love to see like WiFi in the waiting room, and more service bays to shorten the wait for an appointment. But so far my experience on the things I value has been good and as long as they keep treating me like they have I'll continue to recommend them to others and go there myself.
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:11 PM   #42

We purchased our 2018 MA in August. It has been in five different service facilities. The first four do not merit comment but I must comment and say that FREEDOM RV in Tucson was hands down the best service facility. We were pleased with every aspect of being serviced there and recommend them without hesitation. The service manager was on the phone daily with Newmar to work out warranty issues and to find the best way to solve some unusual problems. EVERYTHING was fixed when we left and we could not be more pleased. We did not purchase there but I can say judging by their service we would imagine that their sales department would be wonderful to work with as well.

NoPa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, newmar