RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2018, 11:59 AM   #43

Spartan Chassis
Newmar Dealers

Tom Lindstrom RV
https://tomlindstromrv.com/

I donít know where to start, let alone not turn this into a two page gushing for Tom Lindstrom. So, Iíll tell you that Iím one of those people who always seems to be cursed with poor sales people, lack of knowledge, and shady dealership/business practices. Iím probably not too different from most.

Sooo, when I stumble upon a gem, I canít help but to share the good news so that others can enjoy, along with rewarding someone who deserves to be praised!

After having some less than fun experiences with other dealers and brands....I was BLESSED BEYOND REASON to discover Tom; literally by a friend saying ďgive him a shout, Iíve heard good things about him.Ē So, I drove a hour to see Tom and his dealership in Moorpark, CA...and from the MINUTE I drove onto his lot...I could tell this was going to be great! Youíre instantly welcomed into their little family as if youíve known them for years.

What I DIDNíT expect, was that I would become friends with Tom!! Yes, correct, we have become good friends in the process of me ordering a new Dutch Star.

Tom is a rare bird...without a doubt. Heís a small shop, with a top-notch staff of few, that goes ABOVE AND BEYOND to deliver a superlative customer experience.

You literally feel like you are his only customer; he treats you THAT WELL!

Heís a top dealer for Newmar for a reason. Newmar speaks highly of him for a reason. His customers speak highly of him for a reason. And, I am shouting from the rooftop, that Tom is a genuinely great person and an absolute pleasure to give my business to!!

Tom and his staff spend a day with PDI and anywhere from an hour to 4 days of user training, depending on how much experience his customers have/need. He usually has a few Dutch Stars in stock, as well as others including trade-ins. He has a top-notch mechanic/tech on his staff as well. What more could you ask for?

I have two regrets; one, that I didnít find Tom years ago or I would have been enjoying an RV sooner and, two, that more people arenít like Tom!

https://tomlindstromrv.com/

CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2019, 07:55 PM   #44

I have to say that Midway RV center in Michigan gets my trophy. In the last few weeks we found the perfect floor plan for us on a 2017 Dutch Star 4054 and I contacted Midway via email and after about a little over two weeks we made the drive to Michigan, our negotiations with Kyle Walcott at Midway went from an inquiry to price negotiations to trade allowances all over email I must have sent this poor men 60 email in which he patiently replied every single one. The conversation went in a friendly and relaxed way never was there any pressure or sense of urgency to make up my mind, to the contrary he offer many ways to get out if I wanted too, he also explained that nothing was firm until I was 100% satisfied with the coach. After 700 miles drive we arrived for the inspection of the coach after all was compleded Kyle assigned Bryan to be our PDI tech now talk about knowledge, Bryan is knowledgeable and very professional the men itís calm and very patient reapeting various things when I guess we had a puzzled look we took or he sensed he had lost us LOL he took his time going over every single detail on this coach, he take all the time we needed he said ď Iím assigned to you for dayĒ well Iím very satisfied with Midway RV, great people to work with they are happy people one even have a sense of relaxation the moment you walk in the store asides from been 5 degrees outside with at least a foot of snow Incredible experience.

Zzotte

Old 01-30-2019, 09:47 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
I have to say that Midway RV center in Michigan gets my trophy. In the last few weeks we found the perfect floor plan for us on a 2017 Dutch Star 4054 and I contacted Midway via email and after about a little over two weeks we made the drive to Michigan, our negotiations with Kyle Walcott at Midway went from an inquiry to price negotiations to trade allowances all over email I must have sent this poor men 60 email in which he patiently replied every single one. The conversation went in a friendly and relaxed way never was there any pressure or sense of urgency to make up my mind, to the contrary he offer many ways to get out if I wanted too, he also explained that nothing was firm until I was 100% satisfied with the coach. After 700 miles drive we arrived for the inspection of the coach after all was compleded Kyle assigned Bryan to be our PDI tech now talk about knowledge, Bryan is knowledgeable and very professional the men itís calm and very patient reapeting various things when I guess we had a puzzled look we took or he sensed he had lost us LOL he took his time going over every single detail on this coach, he take all the time we needed he said ď Iím assigned to you for dayĒ well Iím very satisfied with Midway RV, great people to work with they are happy people one even have a sense of relaxation the moment you walk in the store asides from been 5 degrees outside with at least a foot of snow Incredible experience.

Zzotte

Midway is top notch. We dealt with Chad DeMaat. Bryan was one of our techs. Paul and Dave in service are top notch as well. Their service Dept. gives the factory a run for their money. It is great to have two service alternatives.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:51 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
newmar dealer

Another recommending Tom Lindstrom in Moorpark, Ca. Just purchased my 2nd Newmar from Tom over the past 2 years and would not consided going anywhere else. If you are out of state, Tom is one of the few who will quote you his best price over the phone. Great staff to assist Tom. Mike, Scottie and coach are very helpful and always available if needed!
rsrubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:50 AM   #47

X2 on Midway and Chad DeMaat.
dbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:03 PM   #48

X3 on Midway and Chad DeMaat....and Dave in service and Paul in parts.
Pikkleballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #49

I would like to add still another recommendation for Tom Lindstrom RV in Moorpark Californina. We had been looking for an RV for the past year and a half and ran across his dealership when we decided to get a Newmar.

We live in Reno Nevada and saw a couple of models we were interested in on his website so we drove on down. Tom was very gracious and showed us his inventory and had Mike help us with questions we had. We were not sure which unit we wanted but Tom said no hurry and take our time.

We went back to Reno and did more research and decided on which unit we were interested in. We traveled back down to Tom's place and spent 2 days looking at the Ventana we were interested in. Mike answer more questions and we made a deal for the unit.

We purchased a used 2014 Newmar Ventana 3436 and made arrangements to come back down when the rig was prepped.

When we came came down to pick up the rig Mike went over everything on it. The rig was cleaned and the gas and lp tanks were full. We cannot speak highly enough of Tom and his staff.

It was one of the most pleasurable experiences I have ever had in purchasing a vehicle and would recommend Tom anytime.

2014 Ventana 3436 2017 Jeep JKU
drebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:06 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
I'm going to jump in and recommend Tom Lindstrom as well. We took delivery of our beautiful Dutch Star on the 17th of January and could not be more satisfied. The previous comments are all spot on about Tom, Scotty, and Mike. My wife and I consider Tom and his crew friends.
So glad we happened upon his dealership.
Love the new coach.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPa View Post
We purchased our 2018 MA in August. It has been in five different service facilities. The first four do not merit comment but I must comment and say that FREEDOM RV in Tucson was hands down the best service facility. We were pleased with every aspect of being serviced there and recommend them without hesitation. The service manager was on the phone daily with Newmar to work out warranty issues and to find the best way to solve some unusual problems. EVERYTHING was fixed when we left and we could not be more pleased. We did not purchase there but I can say judging by their service we would imagine that their sales department would be wonderful to work with as well.
t

Fully agree. Freedom in Tucson treated us extremely well taking care of some warranty issues on our Baystar even though we hadn't purchased from them. Saved me a trip to the factory. They did a great job, great people.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #52
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I live about two blocks from Tom Lindstrom RV, so I stop in often and just chat with him, Mike and Scotty. Well....I usually mess with Scotty a little. I stopped by today and 'gizmo" was taking delivery of his new DS. He picked some nice colors that coordinated well.

While we were talking, Tom announced that he was named one of the Top Ten Dealers once again. It's a small dealership, yet he sells a lot of motor homes with a lot of return customers. There's a reason for that....he's great to work with, a straight shooter and honest!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandDescape View Post
Iíve had good luck with Beckleyís Camping Center in Maryland. Bought our Ď15 Canyon Star there and have a custom Ď19 Ventana on order through them that Iíll take delivery on in about 2 weeks. When I get a chance to sit down and do it justice Iíll explain how they continue to earn my purchases and all of my repair work.
Beckleys will not work on anything not purchased from them. They are very arrogant about helping anyone. Even after getting. Newmar Customer Service to schedule work, they refused to work on our 2015 Canyon Star. Do not go there !!!
whaleman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleman50 View Post
Beckleys will not work on anything not purchased from them. They are very arrogant about helping anyone. Even after getting. Newmar Customer Service to schedule work, they refused to work on our 2015 Canyon Star. Do not go there !!!

Yup, my experience with them as well. They only will work with aftermarket service contracts unless you bought from them. And then they were backed up for several months anyway.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:16 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by We_B_Tripn View Post
Yup, my experience with them as well. They only will work with aftermarket service contracts unless you bought from them. And then they were backed up for several months anyway.

Put me in that camp. Didn't buy from them so they won't touch me. Honestly, I am ok with it. The ironic thing was that I was willing to buy from them, but they pooched that up as well and then gave me attitude about it.

Nope, nope, nopity nope.

I am currently working with Dlyan's to get through a fairly challenging issue with my coach that Newmar itself dropped the ball on, multiple times. So far Dylan's has done good. I also hear good things about Ansley.

J
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:30 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotspike View Post
Put me in that camp. Didn't buy from them so they won't touch me. Honestly, I am ok with it. The ironic thing was that I was willing to buy from them, but they pooched that up as well and then gave me attitude about it.

Nope, nope, nopity nope.

I am currently working with Dlyan's to get through a fairly challenging issue with my coach that Newmar itself dropped the ball on, multiple times. So far Dylan's has done good. I also hear good things about Ansley.
J
I purchased my first coach from Dylanís, good folks and my experience with service was they get you in and out fast warranty or not.

Zzotte

Tags
dealer, newmar