RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2007, 03:04 AM   #29
Administrator Emeritus

Jerry, I think it's safe to say North Trail has earned it's wings as far as dependable service is concerned, what with several members of our forum, myslelf included having been customers of their service department over the past few months....

Funny too that I remember when I was searching for my Essex, one of the digs I heard from other dealers was that "North Trail was too big" or that "North Trail didn't have enough service techs" and so forth...

Having taken some twelve or thirteen members to lunch one day as an expression of gratitude, I can assure you their service department is of good size!!

Mention Sonny's barbecue at North Trail....mention you're buying and SEE FOR YOURSELF!!

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2007, 05:22 AM   #30

I did not make this post yesterday, April 1st, because it would not have been taken seriously. The salesperson who put Jerry's coach in the ditch offered to give my wife driving lessons. Really glad we did not jump at the offer. Jettsmania was a party to this story. We ordered our coach from North Trail and the day it arrived we obviously went for a showing. Paul was there for some maintenance and laid eyes on it before we did. During this episode the coach had to be moved and this gal arrived to do it. Paul and I busted some chops about female drivers, aimed primarily at our wives, and this gal retorted that she is a very experienced driver and would be willing to give lessons. I related this story to a North Trail salesman yesterday (4/1) and it took some time for him to be convinced that I was telling the truth. Not surprisingly, he could not wait to get to the dealership this morning to tell the guys.

Ryan, Scott and 'mobile' Terry are all excellent mechanics and are just "good people". Our total experience at North Trail has been way plus of neutral.

Un-numbered Amigo
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:33 AM   #31

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">During this episode the coach had to be moved and this gal arrived to do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi John! Are you talking about the sales gal who gave you a ride in her Golf Cart?? Paul
Old 04-02-2007, 05:41 AM   #32

Are you talking about the sales gal who gave you a ride in her Golf Cart??

Yes, the very one

Un-numbered Amigo
Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 AM   #33

Hi John! She can give me driving lessons anytime she wants. She can also sell me my next coach. Really nice lady. Was she the one who put the coach in the ditch?? Paul
Old 04-02-2007, 01:44 PM   #34

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Was she the one who put the coach in the ditch?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES! She is no longer the pin-up gal in the service department.

Un-numbered Amigo
Old 04-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #35

Well, she must have impressed some of you guys, but no way anybody is going to park my rig. Now as far as women as concerned, I would have thought equal, not now. Bite me! You want me there, I park it.
I truly hope North Trail learns. Don't pull this on people. If your insurance can't handle it, don't do it. Leave it to the owner's responibilty. North Trail drops too many marks too quickly with issues like this.
I would like to see her certifications to park vehicles of such weight and air equipped. And I mean commercial. She requires a CDL, commercial. Never mind if they say she is not driving on the road, she is telling people it is an insurance call. Get her name and call the insurance and ask for her certification.

Peter
Old 04-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #36

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">She requires a CDL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Peter! Should I ask what that means. I'll bet you anything John would let her drive his rig. Paul
Old 04-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #37

Paul, Okay, John is pretty easy, but not a push over. All his drivers and dates apparently now go through Pam. What's up with that?

Peter
Old 04-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #38

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All his drivers and dates apparently now go through Pam. What's up with that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! That started after John had a ride in Super Sales Lady (better known as crash) golf cart at North Trail. Paul
Old 04-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #39

Yeh, It all starts in a golf cart. It's all fun until somebody loses an eye.

Peter
Old 04-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #40
Administrator Emeritus

A CDL to park rigs on private property?

I'd like to see where that's written as I don't understand that one.

While I am certainly concerned with the fact that it happened and the circumstances that caused it to happen, I am left to wonder why there was not someone spotting her when she was backing?

I am aware of many municipalities and private concerns that stipulate in their policy manuals that ANYTIME the vehicle is backing, there MUST be a spotter...
Old 04-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #41

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">there MUST be a spotter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! I will spot for her anytime! Paul
Old 04-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #42
Administrator Emeritus

OK boys....let's keep it clean please...

Gettin' a little saucy now...