RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Any recommendations? There doesn't appear to be one in the Bay area itself, but there are three listed in the greater Stockton area. That's about 90 miles away, which is not unreasonable.

Specifically looking for one with experience with the higher end models, Essex or King Aire.

joe

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Any recommendations? There doesn't appear to be one in the Bay area itself, but there are three listed in the greater Stockton area. That's about 90 miles away, which is not unreasonable.

Specifically looking for one with experience with the higher end models, Essex or King Aire.

joe

Old 06-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #3

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I cannot provide you with a recommendation, but I can suggest to you that Manteca Trailer and RV of Manteca and Geweke of Lodi are not a good bet for Essex or King Aire. My Dutchstar is just past their level of expertise. This is based upon personal experience. I would suggest looking at larger facilities in Sacramento.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43':
I cannot provide you with a recommendation, but I can suggest to you that Manteca Trailer and RV of Manteca and Geweke of Lodi are not a good bet for Essex or King Aire. My Dutchstar is just past their level of expertise. This is based upon personal experience. I would suggest looking at larger facilities in Sacramento. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was there a larger one in Sacramento? Must have missed that on the list.

joe
Old 06-28-2007, 04:38 AM   #5

Happy Daze (not to be confused with the Seffner "factory" is in Sacmo; I understand they have the first King Aire off the line.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:42 AM   #6

Happy Daze is now the largest Northern California Newmar dealer due to Alpine Recreation, south of San Jose, dropping the line.

I am not aware of Happy Daze being an Essex or King Aire dealer. I believe they added Mountain
Aire in 2005. A look at their inventory shows seven Newmars, four of which are 2006 models.

The second largest Newmar dealer in the country is Giant RV in Southern California, which does
carry Essex and presumably King Aire.

Jeff Regan
2000 Dutch Star
Old 06-28-2007, 06:13 AM   #7

I was thinking of Happy Daze. I don't know which lines they now carry. They dropped the Mountain Aire line in 2007 becuse of the significant increase in price over 2006.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:27 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43':
I was thinking of Happy Daze. I don't know which lines they now carry. They dropped the Mountain Aire line in 2007 becuse of the significant increase in price over 2006. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This makes it highly unlikely that Happy Daze is an Essex or King Aire dealer. I think Giant and Holland in SoCal are the only Essex/King Aire
dealers in California.

Jeff Regan
2000 Dutch Star
Old 06-28-2007, 07:42 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Regan:

This makes it highly unlikely that Happy Daze is an Essex or King Aire dealer. I think Giant and Holland in SoCal are the only Essex/King Aire
dealers in California.

Jeff Regan
2000 Dutch Star </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which, given our location in San Jose, makes them no more desirable as a dealer than someone out of state. So the next question is, where is there a good dealer anywhere in the country?

joe
Old 06-28-2007, 07:51 AM   #10

If you are speaking of Essex or King Aire, I would
recommend Coachlight in Missouri and Lee's RV's in
Oklahoma. Great service, great pricing from
what I've heard.

North Trail in Florida is the largest Newmar dealer and would be a good place to see lots
of inventory if you don't mind getting on a plane.

Jeff Regan
2000 Dutch Star
Old 06-28-2007, 08:45 AM   #11

As I noted on a previous thread Newmar really needs to consider regional service centers. The 1 year warranty pretty much elminates the factory as a service center because they only do warranty work except for the winter months.
I love my coach but its is a real problem getting knowlegable service people.
I don't have any idea on the Coach Care abilities when it comes to Newmar products.
Any other good ideas?? Has anyone spoken to the regional sales director about follow up service?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #12

As I noted on a previous thread Newmar really needs to consider regional service centers. The 1 year warranty pretty much elminates the factory as a service center because they only do warranty work except for the winter months.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only motorized manufacturer that I'm aware of with regional service centers is Monaco, with
three locations, two of which are factories or
near factories. Monaco is the largest builder
of pushers, Newmar isn't even in the top ten of
motorized builders any longer. I think it's safe to say that we won't see Newmar regional
service centers any time soon.

Jeff Regan
2000 Dutch Star
Old 06-28-2007, 09:27 AM   #13

I saw a recent post about some models on display at the factory, but didn't see the Essex and King Aire models. Does anyone know if they been added since then?

The only model FlyingDiver and I have seem so far is a Mountain Aire, but because of Comfort Drive and Newmar's quality we know we want to purchase a Newmar, but since we're noobs at this, we're kinda unsure as to where to begin.

I did find two King Aire models on the web at Tom Johnson's Camping Center in NC. Has anyone on this forum dealt with them? We're looking to deal with someone who gives great pricing. Since we're going to be full-timers, a local dealer is not necessary, although a dealer who gives good service in addition to great pricing is always a plus.

We're looking to order a customized Essex or King Aire. For example on the King Aire model 4561 we want a dual desk system built where the dinette is located, two recliners in place of the small sofa, a pantry where the TV hutch is located, the sofa/dinette option with it moved to where the large sofa is located and a 50-52 inch TV on a lift behind the sofa/dinette. On the sofa dinette is the table removable.

Would we discuss all these changes we need with a dealer or directly with the factory, if we go there for a tour, etc.

Thanks,

Sue
Old 06-28-2007, 09:47 AM   #14

Sue,

I would recommend calling Newmar and asking for
Kyle McCrary or Ken Williamson, they are the product manager and rep. for Essex/King Aire/London Aire, respectively, if that hasn't
changed. They are the best ones to help with
product modifications/specials.

As far as dealers with good pricing and service,
as I previously said on this thread, you would
be well served by calling Coachlight(Marty) or Lee's RV's(Lee).

Jeff Regan
2000 Dutch Star