Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2018, 05:47 AM   #113
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry, meant Frederick. Odd about not negotiating. My discount was 26%. Not great but about average for the coach I am buying. From what I have read here this what most 2019s are discounted to. The old days of 30%+ seem gone for now.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2018, 08:05 AM   #114

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just completed my second purchase from TLRV in the past 3 years. Would never consider purchasing a Newmar anywhere else-No hassel-straight forward-low keyed approach by Tom and his staff-made the purchasing experience a no brainer! Do yourself a favor-check wih Tom before purchasing-he discussed everything with me over the phone prior to my first purchase! When you meet Tom and his staff you will realize why he's a top 10 Newmar dealer year after year!!
rsrubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:33 AM   #115

We went with TransWest in Kansas City (belton).
Brian Johnson was our salesman, great to deal with!
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #116

We bought our instock 2018 Ventana 4037 from Transwest in Frederick last April. Offered low trade-in for our 16 Challenger, but LazyDays, a few miles away, paid us outright $10,000 more. Transwest discount was about 22%, but if you live in Colorado, because they sell diesel trucks (or something like that), we did not have to pay state, county, or city tax. That discounted it to around 26.5% with no other dealer fees. We tried hard to get them lower and they wouldn't budge. We loved the MH, and are happy with their service on warranty issues and are so glad to have them 20 miles away from home.
janniemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:41 AM   #117

Add Independence RV in Wintergarden FL. ( West Orlando) to your list 888-278-4083, ask for Justin Mishler. Of the 3 Newmar's I've bought, they have given me the best deal every time when I sent out bids to Coachlight RV, Steinbring RV, North Trail RV & Tom Johnson RV for competitive bids. I received 29-32.3% off on 1 DSDP & 2 MADP coaches purchased via cash with no financing . Cash is still KING!

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Bill View Post
Add Independence RV in Wintergarden FL. ( West Orlando) to your list 888-278-4083, ask for Justin Mishler. Of the 3 Newmar's I've bought, they have given me the best deal every time when I sent out bids to Coachlight RV, Steinbring RV, North Trail RV & Tom Johnson RV for competitive bids. I received 29-32.3% off on 1 DSDP & 2 MADP coaches purchased via cash with no financing . Cash is still KING!

Happy Trails

Cash is King? Not so sure about that. Dealers get a kick back from the lender as a referral commission.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #119

I agree! Was in the car business for years and although we appreciated the fact we didn’t have to get the cash customer approved, finance played a critical
part in dealership profitability. Same in the RV business. In other words, dealers could not make it if every deal was cash. Dealers make a good portion of their profits from adding on to the lenders rate. Thats why it is so important to do your homework and get finance rates independently of your dealer. You will be pleasantly surprised when your dealer meets your rate. You see they still will make money writing the finance and will not want you to lose you by you financing independently.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:02 PM   #120

I used FreedomRV in Spokane.

I was not ordering, but they had the unit I would have in stock. They gave me a reasonable trade and sold the unit at the supposed lowest price Newmar allowed. They beat the dealer I was going to order from by 11% for the same unit. They added a change out of the satellite dish and added an inverter I wanted to sweeten the deal, including the labor. I worked with Tom Longinotti who had a good knowledge of Newmar but more importantly a willingness to say he did not know and look it up. The VP Joe Lane was the closer and was enjoyable to work with. It was a good purchasing experience and the service after the sale was as good as expected. I have not found any of the RV dealers warranty processes to my liking. Nothing like Ford and GMC warranty which is what I am accustomed to. I would deal with them again.
mcdade54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:58 PM   #121

Newmar Owners Club
Midway RV in Grand Rapids. Sent my build sheet and specials to 10 dealers. Chad at Midway gave me the best price up front. Good and fair trade value on the old coach. The absolute best purchase experience of any vehicle I have ever had. Excellent PDI and superb service techs. You can’t go wrong with them
Old 11-23-2018, 08:31 AM   #122

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by soricobob View Post
Buying, in my opinion, is the easy part. We have bought two, each from a different dealer. But, the trick is to get it serviced, and that should be your research, and that is why we no longer drive a Newmar.
May I ask what you are driving? Agree that the trick truly is to get good service. Not easy to do.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:36 AM   #123

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillorTeresa View Post
All I can say is we had to make use of California’s Lemon Law and we were sure glad we paid those fees and took delivery in the state we lived in. After barely six months we had our beloved custom ordered DP in the shop more days than it was in our driveway or on the road due to mystery water leaks. After several attempts to get the manufacturer (I’ll refrain from using their name but Grace Kelly married a Prince from there) to replace the front door since we thought that was where the water was getting into the coach, we were forced to file a lawsuit. It took almost a year of stalling attempts and waiting until a month before our court date but we got all our money back that we paid, including insurance and registration, and our attorney fees. Our only cost was the diesel we put into it when we used it (on dry trips).
I’d recommend checking out which states have strong (or any) vehicle consumer protection laws like we have in California. You hope you never need them but if you do, you will be glad. We sure were.
Did you have a Newmar? We would be interested in the details, as we are in quite a mess with our coach. I can PM if that would be better....
Old 11-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #124
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by webwalker View Post
Did you have a Newmar? We would be interested in the details, as we are in quite a mess with our coach. I can PM if that would be better....
The thread he posted would indicate coach was a Monaco, we have had one Newmar with major water leak larger than what he indicated and Newmar took care of it to customers satisfaction.

This link will lead you to NEWMAR CORP and all the good dealers reconmended by members of the Newmar forum.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:09 AM   #125

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chago View Post
Cash is King? Not so sure about that. Dealers get a kick back from the lender as a referral commission.
29%? Wow, quite a discount. And you must be happy with the after-purchase experiences if you have returned to purchase again, and again.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #126

New Horizons Owners Club
We ordered a Holiday Rambler Endeavor, which was a Monaco product. Waited over two months for it. We picked it up in May and enjoyed it for 6 wonderful months....and then it rained. The floors were soaked and the walls were drenched. We brought it in to an authorized repair facility where it stayed for several weeks. We picked it up, it rained again and the same thing. Carpet was replaced, two windows were replaced, wallpaper was replaced and we were assured it was all fixed. Of course it wasn’t. Back and forth it went several times until the repair shop said it was the door that was bowed and needed to be replaced. Monaco refused to authorize the replacement of the door, saying they had already spent too much money on previous repairs and would not spend $2500 for a new door.
We contacted a lawyer who specializes in the lemon law, who advised us to first write and request a replacement RV or our money back. Monaco of course replied back they could not do this. We did this via email. At the time we made sure it met the requirements in California for the lemon law of a certain number of times in the shop for the same issue and number of days. Our motor home had been in twice as many times and double the minimum required days.
We then had the lawyer start the process. It took close to a year, with Monaco delaying in every way they could, from claiming we filed in the wrong county (we lived in a different county from the county we bought the unit and our lawyer was in another county) to trying various offers to avoid going to trial. They waited until the week before the trial date to go to a non-binding arbitration where they started with a low offer but by the end of a very long day they gave us all our money back, including license fees, registration, insurance costs, legal fees, and took the unit back. The only costs we had was the for the diesel fuel we spent when we did use it (during dry times). We were fine with that since that’s all we wanted. A check arrived in the mail within a week and month later a driver arrived at our house to drive our lemon away !

Tags
dealer, newmar