Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #1

Newmar Experience and Lee's RV

I posted this on the forum @ rv.net but thought I would share with the Newmar group here too.

It is easy to make a post when things are not going as they should or when there is poor service experience but I just had to take a moment to make this post as I have met some amazing people and feel like they should be recognized...

It took us almost 3 years to research and finally upgrade our coach. We had a nice Fleetwood coach - it worked well - all the bugs were worked out but there were some extras that we wanted (I don't say need because that would be pushing it) but almost a year ago we pulled the trigger and purchased a 2011 Newmar Mountain Aire from Lee's RV in Oklahoma City. We traveled from AZ to make the purchase. It has been challenging to get Newmar service/warranty work done here in Phoenix as there really is not a class A dealership that Newmar has a relationship established with here in the valley but that is just the industry right now.

Recently, we made a trip back to the factory to get some of that warranty work completed and had an opportunity to meet some of the amazing people that work for Newmar in addition to getting to tour the plan. (Ken Miller and Kirk were wonderful to work with). I know that many people have said this but I highly recommend visiting the Newmar factory.

On our way back to AZ we stopped back into Lee's RV to have a few things looked at. One just being "operator error" and a good laugh for the day. Lee's RV is AMAZING. They really take great care of their customers. While on the road, we called our sales rep (Randy Nisbett) ahead of time to let them know we needed to swing by for a couple of things. They were extremely busy - every service bay was full - and Lee himself met us as we arrived and walked into the service area to have us taken care of. The service tech (Jess) was one of the techs that had helped us follow up on our initial purchase and PDI. I just cannot say enough about what a great dealership Lee's is! He has an amazing staff on both the sales and service side of the business. They are extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. It's not just about selling a unit and moving on to the next customer. They really take care of you after the sale as well. They did not have to drop everything to take care of us but they did and got us back on the road as soon as they could.

If you are at all considering a purchase take a look at Lee's. If you are in or traveling through the Oklahoma City area and need help - call them. He and his staff are class acts!
utarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #2

That is all good to hear. We had a great "warranty trip" to Nappanee ourselves last Fall. It's good to know about Lee's in case they are between point A and point B for us in our travels.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for sharing your Newmar experience " utarv" and welcome to the Newmar family.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Utarv,
My experience is very similar to yours at both Newmar Corp and at Lee's RV. The warranty service was so good at Lee's RV, we decided to have them do additional upgrades on our new MH. JESS also was the service tech who did our service and found additional warranty items that needed to be fixed. Best wishes and travels in your new coach. My next Newmar will be purchased from Lee's - an Essex.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using iRV2 Forum
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #5

I have heard lots of great things about Lee's and I have no doubt they are a great operation. However, I do want to point out that there is an excellent Newmar dealer closer to you -- Freedom RV in Tucson. It isn't a huge store, but we bought our Mountain Aire there a couple of years ago and have been very happy with their service.

They are friendly, competent and honest -- what more can you ask for?
Ken Gluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #6

We just had our one year anniversary from purchasing at Lee's as well. Worked with Randy and Lee as well. They did an outstanding job through the entire purchase process.
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote