Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #1

Question Newmar Factory Service

Hello All
Looking for advice—- I drive a 2017 King Aire and when delivered it had no Manuals. I have limited RV/Newmar experience as a started with a 2016 DS

Some of the things are the sa,e many new and different. To maximize my enjoyment of King am considering going to Napenee for a day or two and asking factory tech for a complete walk thru.

What might the groups suggestions be

What is new to me are the Silverleaf dash and controllers
The iPD which controls some functions and not others mystery
The dash radio with is menu which I have no idea and only plays thru front speakers not thru house Bose system— like my tunes!!!

Etc.

Andy
Andyweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #2

Have you looked at Newgle? Newgle.newmar.com.
fegans02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:42 PM   #3

Bought our Newmar used and have been treated very well by the company. Great service and a lot of support. I really enjoyed the 2 weeks we spent in Nappanee. I would give customer care a call and see what they suggest.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #4

Did you have a tech assigned to you for two weeks
Old 01-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Andy,

Newmar hosts a website that contains reference and systems information for their vehicles. Registration is limited to current Newmar owners and technicians, verified by Newmar Corporation.

The website name is "Newgle" (a play on the search engine Google).

Open any Internet browser and navigate to: https://newgle.newmarcorp.com
(Note the secure prefix "https.")

You will be promoted to register. Newmar asks for a few days to verify that you appear in their records as a legitimate owner.

If you are denied access, call Newmar at (574) 773-7791.

Call me at (407) 701-9519 if you need further guidance.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:33 PM   #6

Best thing to do is find another Newmar high line coach (Mountain Aire, London Aire, Essex or King Aire) and have them share with you their information. Would be best if it was a 2015 or newer coach. You didn't miss much from the owners manual but did you get a brief case with information on the RV items on your coach like awning, washer/drier etc? You could go to the Newmar Kountry Klub web site and check were there are close rallies to find these coaches. We just had a NKK club rally here in Indio Ca. and there was a 18 KA owner here and we also have a 18 LA which we both could have spend some time with you. Not sure the factory would spend many hours with you because they are busy. Another owner would be best.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:12 PM   #7

I am a Newgle member but have not found it complete enough to answer my questions Such as how do you reprogram temperature function on the Silverleaf TPMS in the summer in Texas I get temp alarms for drive tires pressure is fine but the window is to narrow on temp for south Texas
Old 01-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #8

Tom thanks for your reply—- how is the Essex holding up when we last meet in San Diego I was in a Maranda Coachmen upgraded to a 16 Dutch and now the KING AIRE—- Have approached several folks for info have not found any one that can fill in the blanks— even some of the service centers are not informed having to call Spartan or Silverleaf to get down the in weeds went to NIRVC for a resolution came away with the feeling they would be fortunate to fix a ham sandwich
Old 01-14-2019, 06:45 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I believe the tires have a 10 degree variance from the set point done when the chassis was built. It takes a remote device to reset the pressure set point. I had a 6 point weigh performed and using the tire charts determined the correct pressure and went to the Spartan factory and had the set points re-set. The drive and tag were set way to high when built.

You might try some light reading here
http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/?q=node/10
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...fp_h41fq7mCkxc
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:25 PM   #10

Andy After 14 years with our Essex and over 140k miles we purchased a new London Aire. Still learning a lot but know a lot about Newmar high line coaches. The Essex was a outstanding coach so when time to up grade the LA was the only one we looked at. You really moved up from the Mirada with KA. We are out here for the Newmar Gathering in Quartzsite Az. and will be here for 2 weeks so if you can get out here I and other owners get assist with sharing information on KA.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:02 AM   #11

Mr Alan1
For your tire pressure reset is Spartan factory the only solution for the reprogramming— I tried to purchase the instrument needed to program manufacture would not sell to me
Old 01-18-2019, 08:41 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I would call them and ask, but I think it is only them. Should you go to camp newmar, it is a short drive to Spartan. Also have them do the 39 point check.
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyweber View Post
Mr Alan1
For your tire pressure reset is Spartan factory the only solution for the reprogramming— I tried to purchase the instrument needed to program manufacture would not sell to me
I assume your King Aire has the same Valor system as mine. I purchased a tool to set the parameters with no problems. Call Don Rigby. He’ll happily sell you the tool and provide instructions on how to use it. He’s extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with — and very knowledgeable. His number is (734) 634-3278 and his email is don.rigby@valortpms.com
Ken Gluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:33 AM   #14

TO those that are King AIRE AND OR ESSEX owners do you know if the 2017 king Aire has the Rosie Option and Mr Gluckman do you have a subject matter expert in your info bag for the use and explanation of Rosie ——my 17 King came with no service manuals and I am casting about for information yes I have tried Newgle but the depth of the information is spotty

Tags
newmar, service