Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2006, 01:31 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by al koffman:
The Inst pnl and all the associated wiring is a workhorse thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The electrical system from the battery to the starter is re-made to suit the OEM coachwork. The IP is mounted and plugged into a modular connector. It would seem to be a very straight forward process that should yield consistent results.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2006, 06:39 AM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulmarg:
What is IP? .... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Instructor Pilot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey,I need an instructor pilot for my RC plane flying.Any offers???

3778 W24
paulmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:29 AM   #17

Strange that I havent had the problem since the IP was changed out, I used to get it several times a trip. Paulmarg you probably take your unit to the same place I do.
Phil
Old 05-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilnJune:
Paulmarg you probably take your unit to the same place I do.
Phil </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We did buy our unit from central Ontario Newmar dealer,but prefer to have warranty work done at Newmar.

3778 W24
Old 05-30-2006, 06:05 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Al, I know we beat this subject up pretty well over a year ago, but we have seen some people having their IP changed out up to six times. Is ACTIA still useing bad batches of parts or is it something to do with MFG's putting in the units. Newmar so far on this post does not have the problems that other MFG's have. The fuel gauge is the only one showing up. Some Newmar owners had their IP flashed but still have their same IP. If this trend continues I would think ACTIA would want to look into why Newmar is experiencing less problems so every RVer will have less of a problem. I intended to only have Newmar owners answer for IP problems but its on both forums which will pickup more owners I would guess. As I have said my chassis is Oct 02 coach built Dec 02, no problems as far as I'am concerned.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:49 PM   #20

Ihad the IP replaced on my newmar "04 at app. 5K miles at that time I had no problem it was in for other service, they said it was a recall thing, unit now has 17K miles on and on this trip I have lost it 3 times, comes right back seems not to ba a real problem,

also had the new intake horn installed, was driving in hard rain the other day and the engine started to cut out,looks like they will get to work on both of thoes when I get back from alaska
Dale
crouseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:11 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dale sorry they change your IP "if it ain't broke don't fix it" your original was possibly OK.
As to water yes that was a problem for me and many others. Two years ago I placed a weather strip in upper crack of hood opening fix the water into horn and the windshield wipper going out of control problem. If you go to FIND above and type in "power downs water" you will see all the posts on your problem and how I corrected the problem. There is alot of info in "find" for any problem you may be having.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:10 AM   #22

I have been considering that myself paulmarg, Whats the driving time to Elkhart from Hazelville.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:44 AM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilnJune:
I have been considering that myself paulmarg, Whats the driving time to Elkhart from
Hazelville. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phil,if you need warranty work,the trip to Newmar will be worth it.But you must have an appointment....You would be well treated there, and have full hook-up sites...We have a three day appointment starting June 12th,but no problem if they extend that time..
We are in a campground in a conservation area
near Grimsby/Stoney Creek area.From here to Newmar in Nappanee,Indiana is 440 miles....

3778 W24
Old 06-02-2006, 07:38 AM   #24

Thanks Paul, I think I will make the appointment
Old 06-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #25

My Daytime running lights ( IP little green headlight) Is on sometimes and sometimes not?? I checked the headlights and they show the same as the IP light. anybody with this one?

San Diego
nobuggybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:36 AM   #26

Quote "How would you like to be a member of Newmar Forum instead of a junior member, its free. [/QUOTE]

"007" I have a confession to make...I am Marg the DW ..Paul is not interested in the PC, but I read every helpful and insightful post to the driver of our rig...

3778 W24
Old 06-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #27

Thanks Paul, I think I will make the appointment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phil,I am Marg the DW....We think you will be pleased with Newmar service....I will report to you after our return from the factory mid June...

3778 W24
Old 06-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for reading Marg, the DW, its always good to hear from the DW,s point of view.